ADVERTISEMENT

Cheering for a New Team

200w.gif

I just naturally focus my attention to my other teams. Jets are making some good moves, Houston Rockets are finally out of the basement in the NBA. I will be watching more of those games than I will be of Kentucky, until Cal actually proves he's made the right changes.

As a Purdue alum and lifelong UK fan, I will say this is my favorite Purdue team ever. The offense is a well-oiled machine. It's a likeable group of guys too.

Congrats to your son.
He loved the visit there, but I'm just a little nervous. He tells me he wants to get his pilots license there while he works on an aerospace degree. Flying scares me, so I told him to never let me know the days that he is going up.

We once went through W. Lafayette in the winter. (For our sins.) 2 shades of gray. Our son went elsewhere.

Always a Wildcat... but for the next four years I'll be cheering for the Purdue Boilermakers (in addition to my Cats) now that my son has been accepted into their engineering program.
Only an issue if it was IU.😉

Reactions: BCD
Honest question, I promise. Why would your son being accepted into an engineering program, make you want to cheer on their sports teams? Help me to understand the reasoning?

Reactions: KTBFFH92
Always a Wildcat... but for the next four years I'll be cheering for the Purdue Boilermakers (in addition to my Cats) now that my son has been accepted into their engineering program.
With all due respect my friend Who cares

Honest question, I promise. Why would your son being accepted into an engineering program, make you want to cheer on their sports teams? Help me to understand the reasoning?
Why do ANY of us cheer for a team? Might be fun to go to a game or see my son in the stands (though he would probably rather be working on some research than attend a sporting event). Connection to a child who is going away. A strange question for me as a parent, but happy to answer.

Why do ANY of us cheer for a team? Might be fun to go to a game or see my son in the stands (though he would probably rather be working on some research than attend a sporting event). Connection to a child who is going away. A strange question for me as a parent, but happy to answer.

I promise you, no one here is a die hard Uk fan because their family member attended UK for academics.

You can cheer for who you choose, I get to choose how I view you as a fan from this point forward. 😬

Reactions: KTBFFH92
If my son actually played for another team and they played UK I would show up in a UK shirt and go tell the bench, "my boy favors his left, make him go right. Can't shoot on the move. Go CATS!"

😄
Calipari would probably hear you and give the following instructions:

"Just do the complete opposite, are you gonna listen to some random Benny instead of a Hall of Famer? Sag off the kid or force him to drive left!"

WildcatNC Jr. final statline: 28 points on 10-14 shooting...

I promise you, no one here is a die hard Uk fan because their family member attended UK for academics.

You can cheer for who you choose, I get to choose how I view you as a fan from this point forward. 😬
...for WHOM you choose.

Fine to cheer for an additional team, especially when it’s your kid’s school. Like I cheer for UC and Wright State. But when you say you’re cheering for a new team, it sounds like you’ve abandoned UK. And that’s not cool.
No way... just thought it was a provocative title (especially considering the last few days on here). ALWAYS a Wildcat.

I would do the exact same thing. I'm not kidding.
As would I and most normal, properly socialized American adults. There are clearly a few people in this thread that got socialized by the internet and it shows. People coming together and celebrating the successes of their children is something people have done for centuries.

To the OP: congrats to your son. That is a huge accomplishment and I know you’re proud of him. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Reactions: onearmedjesus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT