ADVERTISEMENT

CBS moves Dillingham to #1 in their mock draft

He may not go #1..but the fact that we have a guy in talks for the #1 pick…and then a potential top 5 pick in Sheppard..and then a couple more first rounders..and then a couple more second rounders…and we couldn’t win the sec…makes me sad. And if we don’t make a run in the post season. It will be sad….

He may not go #1..but the fact that we have a guy in talks for the #1 pick…and then a potential top 5 pick in Sheppard..and then a couple more first rounders..and then a couple more second rounders…and we couldn’t win the sec…makes me sad. And if we don’t make a run in the post season. It will be sad….
Sounds like you just have a sad existence.

Well Michael Jordan didnt go #1 and we know how that turned out... so ....

No chance he is going above the international guys. Givony and Vecenie are the only two mocks anyone should pay attention to

I admittedly have not read much on these international players.. but this is a weak draft, and I think the NBA would love the chance to draft a complete offensive weapon with a Kobe-like mentality. I get the sense that these international guys are only at the top because there's really nothing in the G-League Ignite/OTE, and a lot of the highly ranked freshman haven't blown us away (or just haven't look very good yet).

They are drafting these guys on future potential. Dilly can’t guard a lamppost right now. In 3 years, maybe. I’ve said, the five freshmen model is dead. AAU has taken the place of high school coaches. Kids are NOT ready for college ball anymore. No strength training. No conditioning and never been taught to play defense. Cal must use the portal more or we will never compete.

What do you think about the 9-16 team?
I think it was 3 years ago, during covid. If you are still thinking about that, I would highly suggest getting a life.
Wow..I didn’t realize I would be insulted for being upset if my team full of stars doesn’t win big..
It's a college basketball game. If you have the time to be upset over that, I genuinely feel bad for you.

They are drafting these guys on future potential. Dilly can’t guard a lamppost right now. In 3 years, maybe. I’ve said, the five freshmen model is dead. AAU has taken the place of high school coaches. Kids are NOT ready for college ball anymore. No strength training. No conditioning and never been taught to play defense. Cal must use the portal more or we will never compete.
NBA couldn't care less about playing defense.. I keep seeing people say this over and over yet no D to be played in that league..

NBA couldn't care less about playing defense.. I keep seeing people say this over and over yet no D to be played in that league..
Lol. You don’t watch much. That’s a total falsehood. You play NBA defense. Not SEC football on a basketball court. You must play good defense without fouling. Hands off, Hands up Block shots clean. Yes it’s harder but much easier to officiate. Go back and watch college ball in the 70s. I would much rather watch defense played that way. Tennessee would have 7 fouls on the first possession with NBA officials. Hand on hip. Foul. Hand on shoulder foul. Push in the back on rebound. Foul. NBA guys don’t do this because it WILL be called every time. What the SEC allows is not defense. It’s horribly inconsistent because college coaches teach to foul. They won’t call them all.

The coddling of Wagner and Edwards is going to look really stupid on our part in a few years. So many bought it, but it’s mind boggling that a coach would have Reed and Dilly coming off a bench. 1 of them in certain type of situation okay. Both of them for the entire year is just wow. If anyone actually bought the BS that it’s actually a smarter thing to do, I hope you’re smarter in your personal life than you are with basketball coach speak. Just thinkin out loud.

Wow.

In their defense, fandom can make you think some stupid things, been there. But that might have been Calipari’s best bs salesman act I’ve ever seen in my life if I think about it. I mean for real a few still believe it’s a smart thing to do🤣.

That Cal, you know he gets a kick out of it too.

The coddling of Wagner and Edwards is going to look really stupid on our part in a few years. So many bought it, but it’s mind boggling that a coach would have Reed and Dilly coming off a bench. 1 of them in certain type of situation okay. Both of them for the entire year is just wow. If anyone actually bought the BS that it’s actually a smarter thing to do, I hope you’re smarter in your personal life than you are with basketball coach speak. Just thinkin out loud.

Wow.

In their defense, fandom can make you think some stupid things, been there. But that might have been Calipari’s best bs salesman act I’ve ever seen in my life if I think about it. I mean for real a few still believe it’s a smart thing to do🤣.

Actually, it might turn out to be genius.

What if Edwards and Wagner continue improving, and all the sudden we have 4 guards who are firing on all cylinders, each of them likely being drafted in the top20.

I was hard on Cal for doing it this way, and there's still a ways to go before the above comes to fruition. But what if that was kind of his plan: He knows he has Shep and Dilly, but if he can get Edwards and DJ going, then Kentucky all the sudden has a real chance to win the title. Where as a team with just Dilly and Reed, probably peaks around an Elite8, maybe a F4.

Either way, it does seem his decision to stay with DJ and Edwards is starting to pay off.

Wow.

Dude. Sheppard couldn’t play hardly any more than he does. And that is often the case with RD due to fouls.

Wow.

Sadly, a ton of people still buy his BS. Even the commentator defended it during the Vandy game.

It’s absurd and there’s simply no justification for not having your best players in the starting lineup.

Sadly, a ton of people still buy his BS. Even the commentator defended it during the Vandy game.

It’s absurd and there’s simply no justification for not having your best players in the starting lineup.

The justification is Reeds record as a starter and our record with him coming off the bench. I’m sure you’ll spin it somehow, so let’s hear it??

Reactions: Graham51
No chance he is going above the international guys. Givony and Vecenie are the only two mocks anyone should pay attention to
It all boils down to who gets the pick.
I could definitely see the Wizards taking Rob at #1.
The three Euro players in the mix are all young and will be drafted based on potential no different than OAD college players.
There's no Wemby or Luka in this year's draft.

Good thing the money is great for a lottery pick, especially a high one, because the Wizards or Pistons,🤮

I hope he's smarter with his money than AI was. 154 million career earninngs and today his net worth is 1 million.
Pretty sure he’s set up with a nice retirement deal that kicks in before too long. Somebody had something deferred for him on his Reebok deal. Plus he should be getting max NBA pension which I think is around $250k/year. He’ll be alright.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT