ADVERTISEMENT

CBS moves Dillingham to #1 in their mock draft

But the problem has been spotting the other team eight or so points before playing your best players . Many of us believe Cal does it strictly to or showcase Wagner and Edwards for the NBA .

I will admit sticking with Edwards may have been the right thing to do particularly since he is a gym rat and has finally come along . However , it has probably cost us a number 1 seed . I believe we would only have a couple of losses had we played the best players in every game rather than showcasing his favorites .

IF having Edwards and Wagner develop is worth throwing away a one seed for a 3 to five seed then it was smart . However , if we don’t make a final four it was a mistake and very selfish to do that to Reed and Dilly in the only year they will ever be able to play for a national championship .
The whole "spotting the other team 8 points" is flawed logic.

IF we're going to be outscored by 8 points when DJ is in the game--then we're going to be outscored by 8 points when DJ is in the game. If DJ starts--we'll get outscored by 8 in the minutes he plays. If DJ Comes off the bench, we'll get outscored by 8.

I don't think he starts DJ and Edwards to help their NBA draft stock. You don't showcase them to help their draft stock by starting them. You do it by giving them minutes. Whether they get minutes at the start or the middle of the game--NBA scouts can watch them and decide what they think about them.

Note Reed and Rob have come off the bench most of the season. They're being talked about as top 5 picks now. The scouts don't care that DJ and Edwards are the starters. They aren't pushing them up the rankings because they start over Rob and Reed.

Last edited:
Reactions: gojvc
He may not go #1..but the fact that we have a guy in talks for the #1 pick…and then a potential top 5 pick in Sheppard..and then a couple more first rounders..and then a couple more second rounders…and we couldn’t win the sec…makes me sad. And if we don’t make a run in the post season. It will be sad….
Correction...it has been sad for a long time....no light at the end of the tunnel.

Again they aren’t at their peak, I think we have 1 maybe 2 guys who would play right now in the NBA. Others who may develop but getting drafted and being an impact player are different. I agree we should have been better especially on defense though. Really if we didn’t have 3 mental breakdowns we had a pretty solid year. Health also caused 2 losses.
Just curious. Who are the two guys you think are pros who would play right now ?

Honestly, I would never ridicule someone for being sad about death or illness or something along those lines, but being sad because your sports team lost is just stupid.
Is it more stupid than creating multiple accounts and spending years telling UK fans how stupid they are for being upset about losses?

You look like a fool, but you're used to that by now.

• Haha
Reactions: Thats An Awful Idea
But the problem has been spotting the other team eight or so points before playing your best players . Many of us believe Cal does it strictly to or showcase Wagner and Edwards for the NBA .
Instead of spewing the same nonsense over and over, why don’t you do some research and see how many times UK has been in this 8 points or so hole before Dillingham and Sheppard have to come save the day?

I think you’ll be surprised.

Wow..I didn’t realize I would be insulted for being upset if my team full of stars doesn’t win big..
The dichotomy of people here that say future NBA players don't win college games and Cal worries too much about having NBA players, but then criticize him for not winning with the same players that you say don't win college games is astonishing.

The dichotomy of people here that say future NBA players don't win college games and Cal worries too much about having NBA players, but then criticize him for not winning with the same players that you say don't win college games is astonishing.
I’m not sure why this is being replied to me.

The coddling of Wagner and Edwards is going to look really stupid on our part in a few years. So many bought it, but it’s mind boggling that a coach would have Reed and Dilly coming off a bench. 1 of them in certain type of situation okay. Both of them for the entire year is just wow. If anyone actually bought the BS that it’s actually a smarter thing to do, I hope you’re smarter in your personal life than you are with basketball coach speak. Just thinkin out loud.

Wow.

In their defense, fandom can make you think some stupid things, been there. But that might have been Calipari’s best bs salesman act I’ve ever seen in my life if I think about it. I mean for real a few still believe it’s a smart thing to do🤣.

That Cal, you know he gets a kick out of it too.
My great granddaughter is in sixth grade. If she would have turned this in as an assignment she would be in the sixth grade again next year.

Is it more stupid than creating multiple accounts and spending years telling UK fans how stupid they are for being upset about losses?

You look like a fool, but you're used to that by now.
Lol, if you actually think you calling me a fool bothers me, you're more simple-minded than I thought.

Dude, you posted this to me at 1:30am on a Saturday morning. You have almost 40,000 posts on an anonymous message board about UK basketball and football. Someone could post every day of their lives and still not make that many posts.

This site is your life! It's why you're always on here. First thing in the morning, you are on here making threads with crazy, off-the-wall hypotheticals you spend your time thinking up. All throughout the day you are on here responding, and then to end your days, you're back on here again, calling people fools because you disagree with them.

This board is everything to you! I know you even consider the other anonymous posters as your "friends", "companions" and they are likely the closest thing you have to a real relationship in your life.

You also create weird lies and rumors about young men playing basketball. Like, when you created a rumor about Justin Edwards quitting the team.

You personify the terms fool, loser, pathetic, liar, beta and countless others.

No matter how hard you try on here, no matter how many times you call me or others names, no matter how many times you tell other posters "you don't get how this works" or "you aren't very good at this, are you?" It’s always you that comes out looking like the real loser who puts way too much time and emotion into an anonymous message board. You also paint a huge target on yourself of someone who is easily triggered by the words of others l, and that makes you incredibly transparent.

You do you, Saul! However, I honestly think with some self-reflection, you could be so much better. Maybe you won't need one of those mental health breaks you had to take last year!

Reactions: Doodah859
Just curious. Who are the two guys you think are pros who would play right now ?
Dilly and Sheppard because they would get put on bad teams and have to play based on draft slot for the future, not to mention their actual skills. Reeves probably could as well but he’s most likely going to a loaded team, but it could be one with a thinner bench.

Seems like you're utilizing a straw man argument. Name a Kentucky fan that doesn't want players that are in the caliber of John Wall, Anthony Davis, or Karl Anthony Towns. I've never seen anyone on this message board assert such a clam. The major issue has been that we don't land those players very much anymore, and the second and third tier players that we do land end up leaving after a year anyway. That's the source of frustration for Big Blue Nation.

Now we actually have a few elite freshmen, namely Sheppard and Dillingham, and what do we see? Big Blue Nation is more excited than it has been in four years. Our fans want elite players. The issue with Calipari is that he hasn't landed very many of them over the last half decade.

Seems like you're utilizing a straw man argument. Name a Kentucky fan that doesn't want players that are in the caliber of John Wall, Anthony Davis, or Karl Anthony Towns. I've never seen anyone on this message board assert such a clam. The major issue has been that we don't land those players very much anymore, and the second and third tier players that we do land end up leaving after a year anyway. That's the source of frustration for Big Blue Nation.

Now we actually have a few elite freshmen, namely Sheppard and Dillingham, and what do we see? Big Blue Nation is more excited than it has been in four years. Our fans want elite players. The issue with Calipari is that he hasn't landed very many of them over the last half decade.
The Wall, Davis, Towns level players don’t come along that often though. There are non if that level in this years class. And I don't recall any the last couple of years.

The thread is about the draft so I thought you were talking recent draft classes not recruiting classes.
I'm just referring to the fact the Wall, Davis, Zion, Fox, Towns types don't come around every year or every other year.

I would say Oscar was closer to that level than Banchero was.

The Wall, Davis, Towns level players don’t come along that often though. There are non if that level in this years class. And I don't recall any the last couple of years.

Dillingham is every bit the college player John wall was. He's probably better tbh. He can do everything wall could do but also an elite shooter.

For whatever reason all season many fans completely understand appreciate how special Rob really is

Dillingham is every bit the college player John wall was. He's probably better tbh. He can do everything wall could do but also an elite shooter.

For whatever reason all season many fans completely understand appreciate how special Rob really is
Ehh, Rob is very good, but he isn't close to a Wall or Davis type, imo. If Rob is hot offensively, he brings a lot. If not, he can be a burden.

Yeah benching those two is one of the single dumbest head coaching decisions in the history of coaching. Anyone who fell for his weak excuses or made excuses for this nonsense needs to have their head examined.
I’m absolutely amazed at the amount of so called “sports fans” who try to justify this ridiculous nonsense, when it has literally NEVER HAPPENED in the entire history of sports… Not CBB… SPORTS!

Cal should be fired for just having UK’s name associated with such a piece of sports history!

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Ehh, Rob is very good, but he isn't close to a Wall or Davis type, imo. If Rob is hot offensively, he brings a lot. If not, he can be a burden.

I didn't say Davis. We may never have another that good. But yes he's probably better than wall. The only difference is the swagger. Nostalgia is getting the better of people in this comparison.

Look at robs shooting percentage. He's always hot. If reed wasn't having a historic year, robs percentage would be the point of discussion.

I didn't say Davis. We may never have another that good. But yes he's probably better than wall. The only difference is the swagger. Nostalgia is getting the better of people in this comparison.

Look at robs shooting percentage. He's always hot. If reed wasn't having a historic year, robs percentage would be the point of discussion.
Wall was like 2nd in NPOY voting. He was SEC POY, 1st team all American and 1st team all SEC. SEC Freshmen of the year. SEC tournament MVP. He was a huge favorite to be 1st pick in the draft.

Dilly is awesome, and he is definitely a better shooter, but Wall was a generational talent. Dilly isn't near that level, at least not yet.

Reactions: delk4three
Wall was like 2nd in NPOY voting. He was SEC POY, 1st team all American and 1st team all SEC. SEC Freshmen of the year. SEC tournament MVP. He was a huge favorite to be 1st pick in the draft.

Dilly is awesome, and he is definitely a better shooter, but Wall was a generational talent. Dilly isn't near that level, at least not yet.

He was also the face of the team and an entire new face of cbb. It was a different time. Dilly is just better in every facet other than dunking on people. Instead of dunking on people, he just makes insane layups

He was also the face of the team and an entire new face of cbb. It was a different time. Dilly is just better in every facet other than dunking on people. Instead of dunking on people, he just makes insane layups
I mean, I guess if that's your opinion....but I just think you're vastly diminishing Wall. That dude was generational.

I mean, I guess if that's your opinion....but I just think you're vastly diminishing Wall. That dude was generational.

He felt that way at the time but it turned out to not be true. Fox, just a few seasons later was clearly better. Dillingham is better than wall too but not better than fox.

He felt that way at the time but it turned out to not be true. Fox, just a few seasons later was clearly better. Dillingham is better than wall too but not better than fox.
Ohh, okay....
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Rob has all of the tools but Wall was 3 in. taller and 25lbs heavier.
Wall could beat you with speed or bully you.
JW's size and strength made him a better defender than Rob.
Rob is closer to 5'11 - 6ft. Wall was a legit 6'5. Rob is terrific, but at the same points in their careers, Wall was the better player, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT