ADVERTISEMENT

CBS moves Dillingham to #1 in their mock draft

He may not go #1..but the fact that we have a guy in talks for the #1 pick…and then a potential top 5 pick in Sheppard..and then a couple more first rounders..and then a couple more second rounders…and we couldn’t win the sec…makes me sad. And if we don’t make a run in the post season. It will be sad….
Again they aren’t at their peak, I think we have 1 maybe 2 guys who would play right now in the NBA. Others who may develop but getting drafted and being an impact player are different. I agree we should have been better especially on defense though. Really if we didn’t have 3 mental breakdowns we had a pretty solid year. Health also caused 2 losses.

Pretty sure he’s set up with a nice retirement deal that kicks in before too long. Somebody had something deferred for him on his Reebok deal. Plus he should be getting max NBA pension which I think is around $250k/year. He’ll be alright.
Exactly he just won’t live in ultra luxury like he did while he played. Plus I’m sure he has a number of very rich friends who would help him if he needed it plus he always has autographs and memorabilia to sell.

Reactions: BigKari
Was waiting for one of the prominent mock drafts to do this.

Personally I think he's right up there with Wall/Fox as far as PGs we've had here and their pro potential.

Not saying he'll be better than either of those guys were/are but he has a chance to be the best PG in the league within 5 years. If everything breaks right he could basically be Ja Morant with a jump shot. Just insane upside.

Rob is the best talent in cbb and it isn't even close. He is elite at everything except size. He has a combination of elite skills and athleticism I'm not sure we saw before.

His shooting and passing is criminally underrated because it's (perhaps wrongfully) overshadowed by reed.

He's legitimately incredible. How will teams stop him at the next level?

Rob is the best talent in cbb and it isn't even close. He is elite at everything except size. He has a combination of elite skills and athleticism I'm not sure we saw before.

His shooting and passing is criminally underrated because it's (perhaps wrongfully) overshadowed by reed.

He's legitimately incredible. How will teams stop him at the next level?
He has elite point guard size. There are the freak point guards in Shai, Luka and Cade but those guys don't have the same explosiveness.

The justification is Reeds record as a starter and our record with him coming off the bench. I’m sure you’ll spin it somehow, so let’s hear it??

You are switching user names in the same thread now. You are a strange dude.

Reactions: Aike
He may not go #1..but the fact that we have a guy in talks for the #1 pick…and then a potential top 5 pick in Sheppard..and then a couple more first rounders..and then a couple more second rounders…and we couldn’t win the sec…makes me sad. And if we don’t make a run in the post season. It will be sad….
Obviously, the NBA doesn’t care about defense.

Most of these clowns are a handful of people with multiple accounts. They should just be banned
I don't know how or why some people are wired the way they are. Multiple accounts sounds exhausting. What a way to spend your time. Sure their family is proud of their contributions.

• Haha
Reactions: Aike and ck-2
Dude. Sheppard couldn’t play hardly any more than he does. And that is often the case with RD due to fouls.
But the problem has been spotting the other team eight or so points before playing your best players . Many of us believe Cal does it strictly to or showcase Wagner and Edwards for the NBA .

I will admit sticking with Edwards may have been the right thing to do particularly since he is a gym rat and has finally come along . However , it has probably cost us a number 1 seed . I believe we would only have a couple of losses had we played the best players in every game rather than showcasing his favorites .

IF having Edwards and Wagner develop is worth throwing away a one seed for a 3 to five seed then it was smart . However , if we don’t make a final four it was a mistake and very selfish to do that to Reed and Dilly in the only year they will ever be able to play for a national championship .

But the problem has been spotting the other team eight or so points before playing your best players . Many of us believe Cal does it strictly to or showcase Wagner and Edwards for the NBA .

I will admit sticking with Edwards may have been the right thing to do particularly since he is a gym rat and has finally come along . However , it has probably cost us a number 1 seed . I believe we would only have a couple of losses had we played the best players in every game rather than showcasing his favorites .

IF having Edwards and Wagner develop is worth throwing away a one seed for a 3 to five seed then it was smart . However , if we don’t make a final four it was a mistake and very selfish to do that to Reed and Dilly in the only year they will ever be able to play for a national championship .

Yep. It's egregious enough in the regular season. Wait till we lose in March because of it.

Reactions: CincyUKFan and ck-2
Sounds like you just have a sad existence.
I wish you'd retire that particular insult.
Between health issues, poverty, and recent deaths of loved ones you can bet your ass plenty of us do have sad existences and since most of us don't know each other you might be saying that to somebody that truly does have a miserable and sad existence. If you knew that was the case of the person you were addressing, would you still say it?

Dillingham has the highest ceiling out of any player in the draft. He’s already really good so imagine what he could be with more development. He’s a game changer and whoever gets him will have the steal of the draft

I wish you'd retire that particular insult.
Between health issues, poverty, and recent deaths of loved ones you can bet your ass plenty of us do have sad existences and since most of us don't know each other you might be saying that to somebody that truly does have a miserable and sad existence. If you knew that was the case of the person you were addressing, would you still say it?
Yes! Sad, pathetic people should be told they are so they can improve themselves. Their sadness is draining for everyone else. They need to do better.

Actually, it might turn out to be genius.

What if Edwards and Wagner continue improving, and all the sudden we have 4 guards who are firing on all cylinders, each of them likely being drafted in the top20.

I was hard on Cal for doing it this way, and there's still a ways to go before the above comes to fruition. But what if that was kind of his plan: He knows he has Shep and Dilly, but if he can get Edwards and DJ going, then Kentucky all the sudden has a real chance to win the title. Where as a team with just Dilly and Reed, probably peaks around an Elite8, maybe a F4.

Either way, it does seem his decision to stay with DJ and Edwards is starting to pay off.
I get that Cal is playing the long game with those guys But if it doesn’t work he’s going to look like an idiot for not fully giving the reigns to Reed & Rob.

At least you're not dishonest about it. I like to give credit where it is due and I respect your honesty.
Honestly, I would never ridicule someone for being sad about death or illness or something along those lines, but being sad because your sports team lost is just stupid.

Wow..I didn’t realize I would be insulted for being upset if my team full of stars doesn’t win big..
Star FRESHMAN that are playing 22yo grown men. I don’t expect to win big. Seriously, I don’t. Stop playing 5 freshman that can’t guard a lamppost. We need 3 upperclassmen an 2 stud freshman at most. No other team does what we do. No one. Freshman could compete 10 years ago. Not Now. Look at even Reed Sheppard. Hands quick as a cat but doesn’t understand defense AT ALL. it’s not taught in AAU. Dilly is a great offensive John wall quick cat. He couldn’t bench press 150 lbs. strength and conditioning is also not an AAU priority. We will never compete for another tile with freshman I believe. They are not developed enough upon arrival for their 6 months here to compete.

Last edited:
Dude. Sheppard couldn’t play hardly any more than he does. And that is often the case with RD due to fouls.
The last four games Reed has played 28, 34, 35, and 32 minutes. Even if he starts he isn’t playing any more than that.

The coddling of Wagner and Edwards is going to look really stupid on our part in a few years. So many bought it, but it’s mind boggling that a coach would have Reed and Dilly coming off a bench. 1 of them in certain type of situation okay. Both of them for the entire year is just wow. If anyone actually bought the BS that it’s actually a smarter thing to do, I hope you’re smarter in your personal life than you are with basketball coach speak. Just thinkin out loud.

Wow.

In their defense, fandom can make you think some stupid things, been there. But that might have been Calipari’s best bs salesman act I’ve ever seen in my life if I think about it. I mean for real a few still believe it’s a smart thing to do🤣.

That Cal, you know he gets a kick out of it too.
Yeah benching those two is one of the single dumbest head coaching decisions in the history of coaching. Anyone who fell for his weak excuses or made excuses for this nonsense needs to have their head examined.

Reactions: Ugoff and TFCats11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT