ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs. UNCheat

It's a big deal for our seeding.

Not really. The committee seems to reward teams just for playing big games like this.

The regular season win where Monk torched the nets in Vegas was amazing to watch. Yet UNC lost that game and they still got a #1 seed in the 2017 NCAA tourney.

I think this game is a big deal for fans. But, barring a blowout, I don't think either team will be penalized for a loss by the tournament committee.

If UNC plays the way they did last night and we play the way we did=UNC by 15.

Sorry, pumpers, I can not get past what my eyes see. I am a realist.

If UNC plays the way they did last night and we play the way we did=UNC by 15.

Sorry, pumpers, I can not get past what my eyes see. I am a realist.

UNC also got beat by Texas (who has losses to Hampton and VCU at home) and blown out by Michigan.

We shouldn’t even make the trip. Call it off and let the guys get a couple more days for Christmas.

Pathetic

UNC also got beat by Texas (who has losses to Hampton and VCU at home) and blown out by Michigan.

We shouldn’t even make the trip. Call it off and let the guys get a couple more days for Christmas.

Pathetic
Brake caliper attitude. Sweet

Pathetic

UK has lost to Duke by 34. Duke lost to Gonzaga and UNC beat Gonzaga. See how the transitive properties of sports work.

I still believe UK will play tough and come out with a win.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
UK has lost to Duke by 34. Duke lost to Gonzaga and UNC beat Gonzaga. See how the transitive properties of sports work.

I still believe UK will play tough and come out with a win.

Thanks for proving my point.

Gonzaga was also banged up last night.

Reactions: Hoops244
UNC just beat Gonzaga who beat Duke, who beat us by 34. That said, I look for a close game. I just don't have faith in these guys and Cal at present...with the fall in recruiting and losing to a mediocre Seton Hall team and Duke by 34...we have lost it a bit of late. Winning this game would bring a lot of fans back, including me, to believing this team is improving. The Seton Hall lost is going to hurt at seeding time though...bad loss.

I guess my only point is UNC wasn’t off to a much better start than us before last night.

But if y’all want to call the game now because they beat a slumping/banged up Zags team last night at home, more power to you guys.

Reactions: Hoops244
I don't see UK beating the UNC team that plated yesterday. They were going at a different speed than we do. Hopefully that was just a great effort in front of a good crowd.

They are a better team than us at this time IMO.
If we play North Carolina in March, we would have a good chance to beat them. Beating them next week isn't out of the question, but we have more to prove as a team right now than they do. A lot of problems will have to be corrected in 1 week. I don't think for 1 second that beating Utah in RA means much. It is shocking to see how far Utah has fallen. NC will put pressure on our shaky defense that a team like Utah can't. This will be a good gauge for where this team's present development stands, and how far Hagans and Montgomery have come.

First I am ashamed of our team and program for agreeing to play scum programs like The Filth. I would fully support a forfeit in protest that this abomination is allowed to take the floor. They simply lack the standing to play. It is beneath us.

That said, if we go in with rested legs, we have a shot. If not they will run us into the ground.

Not really. The committee seems to reward teams just for playing big games like this.

The regular season win where Monk torched the nets in Vegas was amazing to watch. Yet UNC lost that game and they still got a #1 seed in the 2017 NCAA tourney.

I think this game is a big deal for fans. But, barring a blowout, I don't think either team will be penalized for a loss by the tournament committee.

UNC also plays in the ACC which is always weighed heavily when it comes to seeding compared to UK playing in the SEC. Usually, I’m on your side but considering the blowout loss to Duke already, that horrendous loss to Seton Hall, UK is running out of chances to get quality wins on their resume. If this team really wants to have a legitimate shot at making a run in the tournament, these next 3 games are very important. Lose 2 out of 3 or all 3 to UNC, UL, and Bama and you’re probably looking at another double digit loss season and a bad seed line in the NCAA tourney

Just play good, hard, sound defense and slow the tempo. UNC doesn’t thrive in a half court game. Gonzaga didn’t bother to show up yesterday and played matador defense making UNC appear like the Lakers from the 80’s. This game is winnable.

Just play good, hard, sound defense and slow the tempo. UNC doesn’t thrive in a half court game. Gonzaga didn’t bother to show up yesterday and played matador defense making UNC appear like the Lakers from the 80’s. This game is winnable.

Damn shame Kentucky is in a place where we have to slow the pace against anybody. But you're probably right.

Honestly, we overrate these December noncon games. Win or lose, this one game is meaningless in the big picture.

Keep getting better, stay healthy, and try to peak in March/April.

no its not meaningless. This would be a quality win against a good team, something our resume desperately needs. Trying to peak in March is much easier as a 1 or 2 seed than a 5 or 6. It would probably be the difference in us playing the second Saturday or Sunday of the tournament.

Why people keep pushing this idea December games are meaningless I don't know. I guess it makes the idea of watching bad basketball in December palatable ,

Based on the fact that Duke beat the hell out of us and then lost 2 Gonzaga . Gonzaga then lost to North Carolina. I don't like our chances Saturday especially knowing that North Carolina can cheat all they want and they have the refs on their side.
At this point, how our defense is I see a loss even though I wish differently.

I found it funny that Gonzaga had a guy foul out at UNC.

I'd love to see the stats on how many opposing players foul out at UNC versus anywhere else

I found it funny that Gonzaga had a guy foul out at UNC.

I'd love to see the stats on how many opposing players foul out at UNC versus anywhere else

Gonzaga only plays 7 guys in their rotation right now. It's a lot easier to foul a guy out of a short rotation.

Looking at the box score, the fouls were about even between the two teams. Both of UNCheat's starting big men ended up with 4 fouls apiece.

UK wins OT thriller, 97-92
KJ, Reid N PJ combine for 57
Herro 15
Quickley 10
Hagans 7
Rest 8

Last edited:
It's a must win. Biggest game for us since Wis Final 4 2015

Cats 86-80

We gotta have we better WIN

The most important element of this game is 3 point shooting. UNC's 3 point defense seems to give up a lot of wide open 3 pointers and their 3 point shooting seems very streaky. The few minutes I saw them play against Michigan, they couldn't hit anything and gave up everything. The opposite was true against Gonzaga. Tyler and Keldon have to be hitting shots.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT