ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs. UNCheat

I am as big fan of UK as they come but I just don't see us beating UNC cheaters at this time. We just don't look like we belong in the same gym with them. Hope I am wrong and we can win.

Reactions: RedRiverSaga
I don't see how our resume is so awful and UNC's is impressive. They have a better win, for sure, in Gonzaga.. but who else? They still lost to Michigan and Texas. UCLA? Meh, no longer a top40 team.

I think UNC will still have the egde, but not by much. And although it's a small sample size, Kentucky looks to be better off with out Green.

Reactions: ManitouDan
UNC just beat Gonzaga who beat Duke, who beat us by 34. That said, I look for a close game. I just don't have faith in these guys and Cal at present...with the fall in recruiting and losing to a mediocre Seton Hall team and Duke by 34...we have lost it a bit of late. Winning this game would bring a lot of fans back, including me, to believing this team is improving. The Seton Hall lost is going to hurt at seeding time though...bad loss.

I think Seton hall is rated in the 60's? If so, that is not that bad of a loss. Not saying EVER losing to SH is a good thing...

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Honestly, we overrate these December noncon games. Win or lose, this one game is meaningless in the big picture.

Keep getting better, stay healthy, and try to peak in March/April.

Certainly not meaningless.

These non-conf Dec games go a long way towards tournament seeding, and Kentucky needs a resume win.

Making a tournament run gets significantly more difficult when you are a 6-9 seed, which we will very much be in danger of if we don't have enough quality wins on our resume.

I don't see how our resume is so awful and UNC's is impressive. They have a better win, for sure, in Gonzaga.. but who else? They still lost to Michigan and Texas. UCLA? Meh, no longer a top40 team.

I think UNC will still have the egde, but not by much. And although it's a small sample size, Kentucky looks to be better off with out Green.

They have 2 top 50 KenPom wins in Gonzaga and UCLA.

Our best win is against #99 UNC-G.

I wouldn't call their resume impressive, but ours needs a major boost.

We can beat North Carolina. Will take our absolute best effort up to this point, obviously. We desperately need a big win. Definitely need a solid showing. Another solid loss and I don't know if our teams' psyche can overcome it big picture.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I think Kentucky has to win this game to be in the running for a 1-seed. Because we are going to take a few losses in conference play, still have Kansas. So yes, if we want a 1-seed we almost have to win this game.

They have 2 top 50 KenPom wins in Gonzaga and UCLA.

Our best win is against #99 UNC-G.

I wouldn't call their resume impressive, but ours needs a major boost.

We can beat North Carolina. Will take our absolute best effort up to this point, obviously. We desperately need a big win. Definitely need a solid showing. Another solid loss and I don't know if our teams' psyche can overcome it big picture.

It's certainly better for sure. But like always, the media likes to downplay everything we do and prop up UNC.

Remember in the bahamas when we were supposed to literally get punched in the mouth by the physical team in pink (same team that went out and smacked Michigan a week later)? I think we dominate the cheaters just like we did that team. Time to put it together and kick some ass.....

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Remember in the bahamas when we were supposed to literally get punched in the mouth by the physical team in pink (same team that went out and smacked Michigan a week later)? I think we dominate the cheaters just like we did that team. Time to put it together and kick some ass.....

I am a former soccer player, If we need to kick ass, send them over, I can still kick ass at age 81. (I think):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I think both teams will push it up and down the court. I think both coaches understand this game is in December and it will be fun for the fans and a great learning experience for the players...and they'll let the guys have at it!

Just play good, hard, sound defense and slow the tempo. UNC doesn’t thrive in a half court game. Gonzaga didn’t bother to show up yesterday and played matador defense making UNC appear like the Lakers from the 80’s. This game is winnable.
This.

Hagans has to play within himself. If he gets baited into sprinting out of control, up and down the floor in the first 5-10 minutes of the game as he did against Duke, then we could find ourselves down 15 early again.

Break the press when they pressure, Set the offense and make their defense work for an entire possession, get back on D to prevent their transition. That is always the gameplan against a Roy coached team. Very rarely do you have the type of team to out transition them; we did with Wall.

We got this. Roy leaves darn gummit mad.

giphy.gif

We can try and kid ourselves all we want, but it’s an important game Saturday. Not just because it would be a resume building win, but, I for one, am starting to get a little embarrassed by losing to the other Bluebloods of late.
Just curious, but when is the last time we beat another top program? UCLA a couple of years ago?

I hope you guys stomp the everyliving **** out of those arrogant, delusional cheaters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT