ADVERTISEMENT

Cats -n- Red Raiders ( Saturday )....

One pitch one out. Fly ball to left. Tech doing what they did yesterday and pinch hitting. Single up the middle gets Tech started with one out in the 8th

Maley grooved one and Tech pinch hitter lines it to left.

UK picked off the runner at second. Replay confirmed but the umpire disagreed and we're still with runners at second and first with one out.

Ohh okay. I went to the NCAA website and it said they played Wake Friday but didn't give a score. I knew that they played UNC today.
I finally broke down and bought a subscription to d1baseball.com. It sucks that you can't just go to ESPN.com like you can with basketball and football

I got 1 month full and we'll see how it goes from there. I may break down and pay for an annual (don't tell my wife)

I'd never tell. I am more apt to do a full, but making the scoreboard pay to see makes me mad and doesn't make me want to give them my money.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
We've been pressed by Texas Tech into a lot of errors and misplays, but they have to. Two good teams early in the season. Both have to tighten up the defense. I bet that second baseman covers first in the next game.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
One out walk by Aklinski. Pompey knocks one into the corner for a double that scores Aklinski!!! 11-6!!!

Gilbert coming in again. We faced him yesterday and I think we knocked him around a bit. Has an ERA of 9.00.

Ohh man I thought Cottam tagged one but he got under it and it goes as an out to medium left. No one tags.

END OF 8: Kentucky 11, texas Tech 6. Cats trying to nail down series win over No. 3 Red Raiders.

This is huge. Huge. We, imo, haven't played particularly well, but we've battled and found ways to score and keep pressure on Tech and we are 3 outs from a series win.

Mach now coming in

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Kentucky RPI up to 32 and SOS to 126. Tech no longer RPI one, have dropped to third.

By the way, what's up with their schedule this weekend ? They played Wake yesterday and then UNC today ?

They've played UNC twice, and won both games (unfortunately). First decent team UL has played all year, and I'm not sure that UNC is all that good.

I finally broke down and bought a subscription to d1baseball.com. It sucks that you can't just go to ESPN.com like you can with basketball and football

You can still go to espn.com for college baseball scores ("college sports" is the category), but unfortunately, they're not always updated real-time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT