ADVERTISEMENT

Cats -n- Red Raiders ( Saturday )....

Apr 9, 2016
UK can take the series with a win today over # 3 Texas Tech, I believe Zack Thompson will be on the bump for the Cats, hope he has his A game going.
T Tech will be out to tie the series up after suffering their 1st loss of the season # GoCats

Once again I will keep 1 eye on Basketball game and 1 eye on Baseball game. On a serious note, it would be a big feather in the Cats hat to win this series over TT.
It would really help our SOS as well as our RPI, and really pad our NCAA tournament resume.

I watched both games yesterday on two tvs. Not sure my 18 month old will let me get away with that two days in a row. That long without Moana is apparently unacceptable.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Someone asked this yesterday, and it's happening now: UK folks are inviting fans to move down into better seats.

It's a real solid crowd today, just not as many directly behind the plate as off to the sides.

Glad to hear it. Will look better on TV and should be better for the players.

Thompson is so freaking nasty!!! Two strikeouts after giving up a full count walk.

I'm here. If anyone wants more detailed updates then let me know. Otherwise I might just make random comments.

UK hitters being real patient and it's paying off with some walks. Got to string some hits together and make them pay though.

UK leads!!! Johnson grounder up the middle scores Collett from second!!! 1-0 with 1 out.

McMillan had to dance around that one. Dawson looks a bit lost in this at bat. He let two go right down the middle and strikes out.

Ohh man... Got thrown out at the plate on a single into left. That hurts.

That wasn't even close. Pretty tough running for a half second with the catcher holding the ball.

Little in left is my defensive player of the weekend so far. Made a sports center top 10 type play on a diving catch last night and then got the great assist today. Both saved some runs.

Scary spot here as UK walks the 9 hole hitter and then Holt comes up. He's been a tough out this weekend with all that speed.

Thompson now at 50 pitches. He walks Holt. Both these walks were on full counts. 0 outs. UK expecting a bunt.

Ugh runners advance on a pick off move. Thompson throws it on the left side of the runner and Dawson cannot handle it. It goes to center and everyone moves up. UK again giving away free bases.

I get to watch about 2 seconds of video, frozen for 5 seconds and 2 seconds of video again. Almost worthless...

3-1 on a hit to third. Heyer doesn't handle it cleanly or he might get the out at home. Instead he gets the out at first.

Thompson goes up 0-2 and then hits the batter. Unbelievable.
I believe Minge's request to review the out call at home backfired big time, Thompson had to delay his warm up throws several minutes, throwing his routine off. Besides the call was obviously correct ... bad move !

I believe Minge's request to review the out call at home backfired big time, Thompson had to delay his warm up throws several minutes, throwing his routine off. Besides the call was obviously correct ... bad move !

Yea. Didn't help..just made it seem ridiculous asking for that knowing that he was out and it was never even close.

Strikeout for Thompson. Two outs now with bases loaded. Tech done this damage with just one hit. This is kind of similar to what UK was able to do yesterday. Work full counts and get walks and get hit by pitches and make things happen to score runs.

Oh yeah, Heyer was out from home plate to Berea, do not understand that move !

Only thing I could think of was if he dropped the ball, but that definitely didn't seem obvious.

Fly out to end the Tech inning. Thompson keeps the damage rather minimal but still not good with UK down 1-3.

Here is where Haake is key. He can come in as a second starter who can eat up an easy 4 or 5 innings.

Aklinski has no idea where the strike zone is. Still, he lines one down the line to right for a double!!!!

Pompey strikes out swinging at ball 3 at his eyes. I mean way way up there.

Aklinski advances 90 feet on a wild pitch. UK has to score him. At least chip away.

Becker sac fly to right center to score Aklinski!! 3-2 now with 2 outs. Good job to cut into the lead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT