ADVERTISEMENT

Cats -n- Red Raiders ( Saturday )....

Cottam flies out to right. Still, a good inning manufacturing a run.

McGeorge coming in. He's got to be sharp. I'd actually kind of like to see Coleman here.

This game just feels like it's kind of the opposite of last night. Hopefully our pen has a better showing than both pens did last night.

Letting the 9 hole hitter on is the bane of my existence. Drives me crazy. He only hits .200!

Ugh... McGeorge leaving it up and Holt drives one to right to put them on the corners.

McGeorge gets a fly out to shallow left for out one. No one advances. Good out.

Jung had a 3-0 green light and makes McGeorge pay and scores a run with a double.

McGeorge is done. Didn't like that call to the pen as it was. Now going to Hazelwood.

Really nice job by Hazelwood getting Cats out of another potential ugly inning, strands runners at 2nd and 3rd. Texas Tech 4, UK 2 - Middle of 4th

Pretty good to get out of that with only one run surrendered. Gonna be an adventure today, and a lot of patchwork by the bullpen...

Whew... only gave up one run. Hazelwood gave up a high fly to Akilinski to end the threat. UK needs to battle some more.

Ugh two fly outs follow that leadoff single. McMillan settling in. Dawson now with a single over the short stop!

5-4 going to the 5th!!! UK leading after Squires sails one over the wall in right!!

Hazelwood settling in real nice. Gets a grounder to Dawson and then a nasty off speed pitch gets him a strikeout. He's working ahead and doing a good job with throwing strikes. Strikeout!!!! The first 1-2-3 inning for UK pitching!!!

Becker gets a hold of a lot of pitches but just has some bad luck as he always seems to hit it to the deepest parts.

Quick inning for McMillan. Going to the 6th with UK leading by one 5-4.

9-1-2 is the spot of the lineup UK struggled with and we give up a home run to the 9th batter

9 hole hitter is eating our cookies and has 3 of their 5 freaking runs. Makes me rage. :chairshot:

Huge change of events here as UK gets a grounder to the pitcher to start a double play. UK gets one but umpires call runners interference on Holt and they call the batter out as well!!

Maley now coming in to pitch

Huge change of events here as UK gets a grounder to the pitcher to start a double play. UK gets one but umpires call runners interference on Holt and they call the batter out as well!!

Maley now coming in to pitch
That looked to be the correct call, if the TT runner peels off toward the outfield side, no interference.

Dawson gets a scoop and they call Jung out at first. That thing was close as Dawson bobbled it.

That looked to be the correct call, if the TT runner peels off toward the outfield side, no interference.

I dunno. He peeled inside and Dawson was going towards the outfield. Hard to say there was interference, but I'll take it.

Jung was safe at first. Tech has reason to be upset. He beat that. Still, we've had a rough go of the strike zone so I'm ok and we didn't get that call last night.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
New pitcher for Tech. We're in the pen and we face another pitcher with a 0.00 ERA with 7.2 innings pitched.

Collett goes down swinging. He's fine okay today but not the power we've been used to
Heyer also struggling a bit. He walks to give UK a base runner. I really don't like him hitting so far down the lineup.

Johnson put a charge into that one. Beautiful swing and double there. We have a chance to ruin another 0.00 in the Tech bullpen. Dawson just needs to put this in play with one out.

Tech coach comes out to talk about it after a ball to Dawson. He's looking to bunt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT