ADVERTISEMENT

Cats -n- Red Raiders ( Saturday )....

What a weekend for UK. It's a shame that the baseball games are head-on with the SEC basketball tourney games every day of the series, has to be hurting attendance (along with the cold). This is just a big-time series win, and a sweep would be even better. Really impressed that Heyer and Collett stepped up with Pompey out, and now that those two are cooling off a bit, we have Cottam and Squires and company playing lights-out. Love this team.

Think I might try to get to that series for a game or two.

How far away do you live? I live in Indianapolis. We are coming to the USC weekend, and will also go to the UK game in Bloomington. All the years I have lived in Indy, the only time I have set foot on the IU campus is to watch UK baseball games.

How far away do you live? I live in Indianapolis. We are coming to the USC weekend, and will also go to the UK game in Bloomington. All the years I have lived in Indy, the only time I have set foot on the IU campus is to watch UK baseball games.

I live just south of Knoxville. Haven't been to a game at the Cliff before, but I've got to get there before we move next year.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Cb3...hush your mouth. The best for us is for U6 to lose every game and we just take care of business!

Agreed. They're tanking across the board, so the last domino that needs to fall is their baseball program. I still say that much of their success in football and baseball has been a myth built on poor schedules, but will be good to send them back where they came from in baseball sooner rather than later.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I believe that the BatCats are the best athletic team of all the sports at UK. Sorry, I don't consider shooting a rifle a sport.It is also the biggest secret in Lexington. This team will make it to Omaha and compete for the National Title. Their only achilles heel is their depth of their bullpen.

I believe that the BatCats are the best athletic team of all the sports at UK. Sorry, I don't consider shooting a rifle a sport.It is also the biggest secret in Lexington. This team will make it to Omaha and compete for the National Title. Their only achilles heel is their depth of their bullpen.
Gabe...hopefully lots to time to fix that and a couple will strep up.

I think it will get better as the year goes.

No love for cheerleading?
Haha. I agree the baseball has been a fun watch since Coach Ming was hired.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
I live just south of Knoxville. Haven't been to a game at the Cliff before, but I've got to get there before we move next year.
You have got to get up to the Cliff at least 1 time before the season ends. It is an intimate setting where you are near the action anywhere in the stadium.
This is unlike Rupp or Kroger field, you can hear a lot of game sounds !

Reactions: sluggercatfan
CB3... what kind of schedule(retired here) do you keep? If you can set something up to come up I'll treat to the game and lunch/ dinner. I'll be coming from Louisville.

CB3... what kind of schedule(retired here) do you keep? If you can set something up to come up I'll treat to the game and lunch/ dinner. I'll be coming from Louisville.

I am basically self-employed at the moment. The wife's family lives in middle of nowhere Indiana and we haven't been up there in a long time, so I am considering using the trip as a long trip for her to see her family. I am not sure yet if I am going to go to Indiana early in the week and head back on Friday to watch the Friday and Saturday games, or if I am going to head up on Friday and watch Friday and Saturday. Either way, I am going to try to also get to Keeneland. I think the wife and daughter will love it. So, my plans are still a bit tentative, but that is what I am kind of working with at the moment.

You have got to get up to the Cliff at least 1 time before the season ends. It is an intimate setting where you are near the action anywhere in the stadium.
This is unlike Rupp or Kroger field, you can hear a lot of game sounds !

Yea, I am pretty excited to go. I am considering trying to go to at least Friday and Saturday and maybe spend one of those days out on the deck, depending on how packed it is and such. I think it would be fun to experience both, but we'll have to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT