ADVERTISEMENT

In Case We've Forgotten ...

If you’re gonna make bold comments like that you have to know that it could come back and bite you. But Cal is typical Italian. He runs hot and just says whatever. None of it bothers me, but I can see how it bothers some. He needs a good tournament run in the worst way. The fans need it.

Nothing bold about what I said. Pretty damn basic.

So your opinion is something you get to state with impunity while someone else’s opinion is proof something’s consuming them.
Yep, everyone here is here for a reason and that is the love of UK basketball so...let opinions fly and don't pull on the reins, just let them rain, until the best one reigns.

It really is unbelievable. But the last game was a loss so the world is over until the next win. Crazy stuff.
Used to be for me at least during the rest of the weekend when we lost, but eventually found solace in the fact that fishing and baseball season was at hand so...

However, in recent years, I am over the loss within minutes now because it has become the norm and so it is expected. Sad but true. Also, the fact that I am in my golden years (66) I have learned to not let it bother me as much so as to keep my blood pressure in check. ;)

“My first priority ISN'T the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or the University, or the Legacy of the Program, or the greater glory of Big Blue Nation,” he writes. “I coach for the names on the backs of the jerseys—not just the front. My players.” -John Calipari

and he means it. In his mind, he has his priorities right where he wants them. Many believe the cost of his coaching tenure here at UK is the $9 million/year ... I would say the cost is unfortunately much higher ... so much so, we cannot begin to understand that cost. JMO.
It’s all about RECRUITING. Kids and more importantly, PARENTS want to send their kid off to play for a coach who is going to coach them hard and at the same time, teach them life skills to better prepare them for their next step in life.

Used to be for me at least during the rest of the weekend when we lost, but eventually found solace in the fact that fishing and baseball season was at hand so...

However, in recent years, I am over the loss within minutes now because it has become the norm and so it is expected. Sad but true. Also, the fact that I am in my golden years (66) I have learned to not let it bother me as much so as to keep my blood pressure in check. ;)
Isn't it so sad that now the truth about UK Basketball is the fact that a lost for the basketball team is not unexpected???

Reactions: warrior-cat
It’s all about RECRUITING. Kids and more importantly, PARENTS want to send their kid off to play for a coach who is going to coach them hard and at the same time, teach them life skills to better prepare them for their next step in life.
Every coach has to recruit, every coach has to recruit the parents first and every coach will in their own way help prepare their players for their lives going forward ... they all do these things. Coaches are, first and foremost, PAID TO WIN basketball games. Cal has hijacked this program for his own purposes to which he has admitted and because of having done this, he has divided the fanbase worse than I've ever seen before. Some see it and some don't but then again ... some are just smarter than others or just willfully blind.

The problem is UK fans grew up on and know basketball. Many of us played through high school for great coaches, have coached ourselves and know poor decisions when we see them.
Not starting your two best players has never been done by any college coach . It is stupid and bizarre . Puts us in a hole every game . if we were Vermont or Montana he could sell that garbage but we all know better . And we know he is doing it to play favorites and help the draft stock of his NBA wannabes to the detriment of our team.
I have no problem with it staying as is. I think if he were going to start Shep and Dillingham it should have happened weeks ago. I do not want him to change it now. Reed plays as much as anyone on the team. If it weren't for continual foul problems Dillingham would be averaging several more minutes per game as well.

Really rattled the jock swingers cage with this thread . I like it . Bunch of people that think they can pick up the clean end of a turd .
The fact that you are too unwilling to acknowledge that people that don't want Cal fired are "jock swingers" really shows your ignorance. I can say Cal needs to win without saying he is the worst coach (which he isn't). I continue to stay positive and point out the good things that have been accomplished this year, with a chance to make a deep run, without wasting my time as an older fan spending all day bitching about the negative things that have happened in the past. The fact that you claim to have been a college coach astonishes me that you would take this stance on a coach that has had the success of Cal. Did you have that success? Did people get online and call you names like you have Cal?

“My first priority ISN'T the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or the University, or the Legacy of the Program, or the greater glory of Big Blue Nation,” he writes. “I coach for the names on the backs of the jerseys—not just the front. My players.” -John Calipari

and he means it. In his mind, he has his priorities right where he wants them. Many believe the cost of his coaching tenure here at UK is the $9 million/year ... I would say the cost is unfortunately much higher ... so much so, we cannot begin to understand that cost. JMO.
No shit? I have never seen that before. Shocking my good man. Absolutely shocking!

The fact that you are too unwilling to acknowledge that people that don't want Cal fired are "jock swingers" really shows your ignorance. I can say Cal needs to win without saying he is the worst coach (which he isn't). I continue to stay positive and point out the good things that have been accomplished this year, with a chance to make a deep run, without wasting my time as an older fan spending all day bitching about the negative things that have happened in the past. The fact that you claim to have been a college coach astonishes me that you would take this stance on a coach that has had the success of Cal. Did you have that success? Did people get online and call you names like you have Cal?

I’m tired of jock swingers like you enabling a coach whose best days are far far behind him. If you want a quick fact check of that their pops , just look at your statement. “ Look at the good he has done this year.” we finished fourth in the SEC. We were a first round flame out in the.SECT . We lost twice to a 16-13 Texas AM team . We made history with losing three in a row at home in Rupp Arena. And the guy still refuses to start his best players.
As far as your insult goes about questioning my past coaching, I would be smart to ignore it, but I refuse to let you get away with it because you are not going to call me a liar and not be answered. Not only did I coach three years of college softball, but I also coached high school softball at two different high schools and went to two elite eights and a final four just three years ago and coached three games at John C Cropp stadium where one of my players will take the field tonight versus the University of Kentucky. She’s a freshman at Marshall University.. Lewis County Kentucky native , you can look it up and confirm it if you wish but honestly, I wish you would just put me on ignore and quit stalking me.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
It needs repeating often because it’s soooo outlandish that people might not believe it , unless it’s placed before the slow learners very very often .. I’d rather see the truth than a polished lie anytime .. but that’s just me
I’ve always respected you as a poster and you don’t have to prove anything to anybody. I will say, though I am tired, especially the week of the Tourneyof the same old crappy and regurgitated all over the site. We don’t have Alzheimer’s. We remember all the crap Cal has done but it’s tourney time.

I’ve always respected you as a poster and you don’t have to prove anything to anybody. I will say, though I am tired, especially the week of the Tourneyof the same old crappy and regurgitated all over the site. We don’t have Alzheimer’s. We remember all the crap Cal has done but it’s tourney time.
It’s ok to disagree . I respect you too . The loss in the SECT still burns hot with me . So many thousands of fans screwed out of what they value so highly . I know upsets happens , but I’ve grown weary of the repeated disappointments . Hope we at least get to a FF to ease the pain

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
So everyone was A-OK with this line of thinking when we were having so much success the first 8-9 years, but now that weve strung together a few sub par seasons we have an issue with it?

How about if you recruit well, take care of your players first and do what's right by them then the winning will take care of it's self? Some of you lead miserable miserable lives to be so up in arms constantly about 18-22 year old kids playing a game that has no real bearing on your lives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT