ADVERTISEMENT

Cats 2 point underdog at LSU

having a game lead puts the pressure on them at home to win. i actually like uk in this one. even with cheating you hit a couple clutch shots and you can win a game like this. i think our team has known the lead can vanish pretty quickly and you have to play all 40 minutes.

having a game lead puts the pressure on them at home to win. i actually like uk in this one. even with cheating you hit a couple clutch shots and you can win a game like this. i think our team has known the lead can vanish pretty quickly and you have to play all 40 minutes.
Had to say quickley didn't you?
:rolleyes:

Reactions: JASUN74
I seriously couldn't name a LSUplayer , do they have players projected to be drafted ?
LSU is loaded . They aren't a great TEAM but they have plenty of guys with NBA talent like Mays , Days , Williams , Watford and the pg Smart. Top 10 talent in the country BUT they play zero defense and their offense is very hot and cold. Take a lot of bad 3's too. Sometimes they go in but with all that size they have you would think you want Watford , Days and co pounding it inside yet they love chucking 3's .

Really they lack the 2 things that give UK the most trouble - small quick guards and a great defense.

I fully expected Ole miss to give us much more trouble then LSU and I will stick by that. I think UK will be a battle for 25 minutes ( maybe even down 5-6 at half) but then we lock in and pull away and keep it just out of distance for it to be scary and win by 8-10 .

A lot better Kentucky teams have lost to a lot worse LSU teams than this one down there. However I think we can win this game but we will have to hit some threes to do it. Last year Waters and Reid alone carried them a long way and they don't have a player like either one of those two. It's always been a tough place to play and there is a lot on the line for both teams. Kentucky will have to play really well to win this game.

A lot better Kentucky teams have lost to a lot worse LSU teams than this one down there. However I think we can win this game but we will have to hit some threes to do it. Last year Waters and Reid alone carried them a long way and they don't have a player like either one of those two. It's always been a tough place to play and there is a lot on the line for both teams. Kentucky will have to play really well to win this game.
I believe this team can win tomorrow night. However, I think we get out rebounded and let go of the rope in the last 3 mins of the game to lose like we did at Auburn. Would love to be proven wrong!

We can win. We can lose.
That's true if we're playing Evansville or LA Clippers.
So save your $$ and bet on another Line!!

Ain't that the truth. ( losing to LSU ) and I will say you are are incorrect about not having a player carrying them as Mays is the only reason they don't have 10 losses right now . He is everything good about their team . Of the 5 NBA prospects he is the least talented but he is one the smartest , hardest to guard players in the entire country.What we have to do is make the rest of the team beat us as guys like Watford and Williams will make bone head plays and give us chances to score on the break and go to the line.

I didn't say they didn't have any good players Mays is all that, I said they don't have that great point guard that could do it all and the Big man in the middle. They are still a very formidable team and it's going to be hard to beat them down there, but it can be done.

LSU has great offensive talent but their defense is rather leaky they will dare UK (Hagans and Maxey) to shoot threes

Yep 3rd in offensive efficiency ............175th defensive lol
There offense is good but not 3rd in the nation good despite what the stats say . I actually think there D is worse then that too. Really though sports are about match ups and we match up well with them minus the rebounding thing . We can lose the rebounding battle and win we just can't get our rebounded by 10-15 . Then we lose.

Boy do I like our chances. This team plays better on the road, and when they are the underdog. Also, I like it that we only shot 2-22 from three the last game, and still won. You don't shoot lights out two straight games, and you don't shoot 2-22 two straight games. We win this one by 7.

Good. I always enjoy making money on a UK outright win as a rare underdog. Its a win win baby.

LETS GOOO

They’ll be licking their chops tomorrow night. We just gotta make sure they don’t bite a chunk out of our ass! I think we’re ready for this one actually.

I'm not going to lie this game worries this old cat.

It should. The only away game against an SEC team I ever attended was at LSU in 1986. They played us with 2 starters out with injuries and it took a buzzer beater from Roger Hardin to win a game that was a nail bitter from start to finish. Their crowd was crazy loud and Louisiana is probably the most corrupt state in the country. I never feel good when UK has to play them in Baton Rouge, and tomorrow is no exception. If we pull this one out, it makes up for the losses at USC and Auburn, but that's a huge IF.

Reactions: westerncat
thumb_bring-it-on-butddy-laint-skeered-icanhascheezeurger-com-bring-it-on-51478203.png

It's gonna be a tough game. They have lost 3 of 4 and they are in need of a big win. They will be more dialed in defensively in this one than they normally are. And they can score from every position on the floor. We may have to score 80 to win this one. I think we can do it, though. I think the Cats win this one by single digits, around 6-7 points.

Reactions: michaeluk26
It’s all gonna boil down to two things tomorrow night. The officials making it a foul fest for LSU and whether or not they can hit their free throws LSU. Cal might want to have some contingencies in place of what he will do if Richards is in foul trouble early and any of our guards.

LSU is loaded . They aren't a great TEAM but they have plenty of guys with NBA talent like Mays , Days , Williams , Watford and the pg Smart. Top 10 talent in the country BUT they play zero defense and their offense is very hot and cold. Take a lot of bad 3's too. Sometimes they go in but with all that size they have you would think you want Watford , Days and co pounding it inside yet they love chucking 3's .

Really they lack the 2 things that give UK the most trouble - small quick guards and a great defense.

I fully expected Ole miss to give us much more trouble then LSU and I will stick by that. I think UK will be a battle for 25 minutes ( maybe even down 5-6 at half) but then we lock in and pull away and keep it just out of distance for it to be scary and win by 8-10 .
Yep! Lol. Awesome post man, Couldn’t have said it better myself! I really think you’re dead on with the 8-10 point win!! of course our guys will play down or up to LSU no matter how LSU plays. I also agree with their roster, they’ve got some very good players and if Mays is having a special game they can get us. I do believe Ashton will hold him down if he starts off hot and that’ll be a big key. LSU can beat about anyone in the country if they’re hitting a high percentage of their threes, but I love the way we’re coming together as a defensive unit and believe we’ll control the last ten minutes to get another road win and one step closer to another Sec regular season championship! Go Cats.

I know one thing to be true about this game.

LSU will not mass produce popcorn boxes if a T. Watford hits a game winning shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT