ADVERTISEMENT

Cant Coach Cal is starting to stick

Stop downplaying Cal’s failures by deflecting the subject to the fans. You sound like Cal himself. That and an extreme leftist, that resorts to deflecting, when you can’t find a counter argument.
Yes. Forget facts that aren’t negative . The UBBs are going large.

I still can’t believe that Triple C has defenders after the $hit show we just witnessed Thursday night and what we witnessed last year. If any of you guys take up for that fraud of a coach you need your head checked! You guys are an embarrassment to UK and our history of being the best college basketball team in America!

I still can’t believe that Triple C has defenders after the $hit show we just witnessed Thursday night and what we witnessed last year. If any of you guys take up for that fraud of a coach you need your head checked! You guys are an embarrassment to UK and our history of being the best college basketball team in America!
I’m starting to wonder if they are really rival fans.

A
Wonder if they labeled Duke's coach "Can'tCoachK" after his losses to Lehigh and Mercer?
I could care less what K did or didn't do at Duke, what pray tell does that have to do with what Cal is or isn't doing at UK. So sick of hearing about Who K lost to as a fig leaf to cover Cals shortcomings, bottom line is that K has won 5 titles , when Cal wins even 2 I might give him the same consideration, until then please give the Cal ,K comparisons a rest.

In 41 seasons. Took him 10+ years to win his first one. Put Coach Cal at Kentucky from early 90s until now, and you don’t think he would have close to that many if not more than that?
I don't think Cal would win another title in the next 40 if he stayed here, his offense blows, he isn't dominating recruiting anymore and he just can't coach.

I didn’t say the next 40 years. I mentioned if he was the coach at UK from the early 90s until now he would be close to K’s number of titles. I agree he won’t win another here now because the game is different and he won’t adapt

I do not understand none of this. How can a man who won a national title and coached in 3 title games, 6 final fours at 3 different schools be said of him that he can't coach? I understand being upset because I have been through similar but You can not deny the success he has had over 1 bad outcome.
Maybe we call him CCC because he has been to 6 FF at 3 different schools and only has 1 title.

Other coaches who have lost to a #15 seed, Coach K, (also lost to #14 seed) Lute Olson, Tom Izzo, & Jim Boeheim. I guess they’re all clowns too?

I think you’re the clown, since you obviously didn’t know this before you opened you big trap.

They backdoor us, they beat us off the dribble, they came off screens and hit 3s,” Calipari told the media after the game. “You have to give St. Peter’s credit.”

Coach Cal - Then why not switch defense moron sheesh.

MV5BYjM5ZWE3Y2YtMTdiYy00NDE5LWExNzYtYmRlZTAwNTMyZjM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc5Nzc0NzE@._V1_.jpg

Is that like the UBB? Under Belly Bitchers?
Hey Bass ... you have to admit, CCC fits perfectly. This is now not only coming from those of us closest to this Can't-Coach Cal Clown, but now it's coming from all over the country. The guy cannot be defended. Oops ... oh, wait, there is that one guy out there still singing his praise. He's a Cal fan pretending to be a UK fan ... sneaky wabbit he is. Invested in Calipari ... you are indeed. That's an investment that is expiring worthless. It happens, mostly in the markets wherein, those like you, are referred to as "red meat". You are the grease for that greaseless CCC wheel. In Calipari's case, you are indeed a rare breed...strangely weird, in fact. Considering how deep you're in this thing now ... I would just bow your neck and "Own It Brother" ... you have no choice now. The rest of the UK fanbase ... we can't save you. You could be "that" last fool standing ... it's damned embarrassing, if you want to know the truth. Every program has one. You may just go down in the annals of UK Foolish Fandom without peer. You should be proud ... I think? No.

In 41 seasons. Took him 10+ years to win his first one. Put Coach Cal at Kentucky from early 90s until now, and you don’t think he would have close to that many if not more than that?
K’s 5 titles are factual, your hoping Cal would in that amount of time but his trajectory isn’t on your side of this argument nor are the last 6 years. Just think about how much talent he has had at his disposal and still has one. At this point one could almost argue the AD team won the championship despite Cal’s coaching.

Last edited:
I mean I’m just as pissed at Cal as anyone, but should we really be celebrating that a goober on dead spin does a click bait hit piece on our coach? I’m not judging anyone, but hoping a can’t coach nickname develops about Cal is not in any way good for UK or recruiting. Just sayin.
It won’t take an article for rival recruiters to say these kinds of things.

Cal said recently guys in the portal want to come to UK. Guess we will see

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
What about the year before that when he refused to bench Trashton resulting in a defeat to Bruce Pearl? That’s when I knew it was time!! Triple C is the biggest fraud in all of sport.

Thanks for posting. I like his points. Here's one: ".... In 2014-2015 alone, Can’t-Coach Cal lost with eight NBA players: Devin Booker, Karl-Anthony Towns, Tre Lyles, Tyler Ulis, Willie Cauley-Stein, Dakari Johnson and the Harrison Twins, Aaron and Andrew."

• Wow
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
K’s 5 titles are factual, your hoping Cal would in that amount of time but his trajectory isn’t on your side of this argument nor are the last 6 years. Just think about how much talent he has had at his disposal and still has one. At this point one could almost argue the AD team won the championship despite Cal’s coaching.
I’m one of Cal’s biggest critics, but everyone is talking about K’s 5 titles like he can’t be critiqued, but 3 of those titles were over 20 years ago and it’s not like K has light up the last 12 years with title after title while Cal has been here. He has 2 to Cal’s 1 and some could argue K has had more talent than us especially since 2016 and he has zero final 4s or titles.

It’s a different era now with a lot more parity across college basketball and I do wonder with Cal’s style if it will ever translate to final 4 success again, but have zero doubt, you put Cal at UK since early 90s, he would have multiple championships here.

One last thing, I know we could always play the what if game, but had UK not got screwed against Wisconsin with the bogus shot clock violation not called in 2015 or not been roofereed in 2017 against UNC, we very well could have 3 titles to K’s 1, would we still be having this conversation? I know I know it didn’t happen that way, but those few things were out of our control and had those breaks gone differently, it’d be a whole different song and dance about Cal.

Again, I agree Cal needs to make drastic changes moving forward across the board with his coaching, recruiting, retaining players, etc, which I have my doubts he will ever fully do, but if he does or is willing to do, then I want Cal here. Otherwise, I think it’s time to part ways, but let’s not let our anger blind the fact Cal could have dominated at UK for those 20 years when he took teams like UMASS and Memphis to final 4s.

I didn’t say the next 40 years. I mentioned if he was the coach at UK from the early 90s until now he would be close to K’s number of titles. I agree he won’t win another here now because the game is different and he won’t adapt
A better comparison would have been Rick, if he had stayed till now he would have at least 3, maybe 5.

It won’t take an article for rival recruiters to say these kinds of things.

Cal said recently guys in the portal want to come to UK. Guess we will see
Oh I realize that. My entire point was just saying is it wise for us as UK fans to fall over ourselves trying to take credit for & push this nickname that, if it does stick, may ultimately hurt us in the long run. Whatever anyone's feelings about Cal--and I have my own--just seems counter intuitive. He is not going anywhere anytime soon. Why help--even if its in a small way--negative recruiting.

But, like I said not judging anyone. We are all feeling the pain right now. Far as I am concerned, Cal brought this all on himself and now is reaping the whirlwind.

I’m one of Cal’s biggest critics, but everyone is talking about K’s 5 titles like he can’t be critiqued, but 3 of those titles were over 20 years ago and it’s not like K has light up the last 12 years with title after title while Cal has been here. He has 2 to Cal’s 1 and some could argue K has had more talent than us especially since 2016 and he has zero final 4s or titles.

It’s a different era now with a lot more parity across college basketball and I do wonder with Cal’s style if it will ever translate to final 4 success again, but have zero doubt, you put Cal at UK since early 90s, he would have multiple championships here.

One last thing, I know we could always play the what if game, but had UK not got screwed against Wisconsin with the bogus shot clock violation not called in 2015 or not been roofereed in 2017 against UNC, we very well could have 3 titles to K’s 1, would we still be having this conversation? I know I know it didn’t happen that way, but those few things were out of our control and had those breaks gone differently, it’d be a whole different song and dance about Cal.

Again, I agree Cal needs to make drastic changes moving forward across the board with his coaching, recruiting, retaining players, etc, which I have my doubts he will ever fully do, but if he does or is willing to do, then I want Cal here. Otherwise, I think it’s time to part ways, but let’s not let our anger blind the fact Cal could have dominated at UK for those 20 years when he took teams like UMASS and Memphis to final 4s.
I agree with all of this and I do believe he was the right coach, I don’t believe he is now. I’m not going to speculate what changed or if nature ran its course but IMO if he was going to change we would have seen it over the last 6 years, considering he was cutting edge before that.

I lost a lot of respect for him bringing politics into something I have loved for years, no matter which side of the fence your from. It should have never happened, that includes the huge sign in the practice gymn. I however could overlook that on a 1 time pass, if his best interest was still representing the university (the way way it should be). I don’t believe he is, no matter how many times he apologizes for an early flame out publicly.

Who doesn’t have a shoot around before a game when you team (cough cough Grady) couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn? WTF. It’s not just one thing it’s multiple things he does now or doesn’t do.

Reactions: Wildcats4ever2007
not a chance.........
can't stand K but he is a good coach
CCC is not a good coach, not even close
look at the record against each other.....not close there either

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT