ADVERTISEMENT

Cant Coach Cal is starting to stick

Not defending Cal...at all. Was just wondering if the national media murdered K when he lost to Lehigh and Mercer.
If ratface went 9 and whatever one season then lost as a 2 seed to a 15 the next, yeah he woulda been eaten alive. The bottom line is when ratface hits a slide it doesn’t last.. Ratface runs the program for what’s best to duke. Cal has a program deteriorating for many years The last two have put things in a downward hyperdrive. Every year in the ncaa except one cal lost to a team we were favored against

In 41 seasons. Took him 10+ years to win his first one. Put Coach Cal at Kentucky from early 90s until now, and you don’t think he would have close to that many if not more than that?
At his current clip he might have 2 or 3. 1 every 15 years at UK. He only got 1 with historic talent not seen since UCLA in the 70s. We'll see, but it's not a totally invalid point.

Both K and Roy spent their entire careers at elite schools. Cal has only been at one for 13 years. He's underachieved regardless considering the talent he's had. He's like late 80s Dean Smith right now. Hopefully he has a second act coming like he did.

In 41 seasons. Took him 10+ years to win his first one. Put Coach Cal at Kentucky from early 90s until now, and you don’t think he would have close to that many if not more than that?
I used to think maybe so. Now? No way in hell. Any coach that refuses to adapt, adjust and mix it up is never gonna win five titles. Especially when he doesn’t get top notch talent.

I figured at some point he would learn from his past mistakes/failures. That’s what makes people better at their profession, learning from their mistakes. He just continues to do the same stupid shit that’s caused him to fail before. The very definition of insanity.

I used to think maybe so. Now? No way in hell. Any coach that refuses to adapt, adjust and mix it up is never gonna win five titles. Especially when he doesn’t get top notch talent.

I figured at some point he would learn from his past mistakes/failures. That’s what makes people better at their profession, learning from their mistakes. He just continues to do the same stupid shit that’s caused him to fail before. The very definition of insanity.
I agree, but Cal’s style was perfect for early 90s until about 5 years ago so there would have been no need to adapt.

At his current clip he might have 2 or 3. 1 every 15 years at UK. He only got 1 with historic talent not seen since UCLA in the 70s. We'll see, but it's not a totally invalid point.

Both K and Roy spent their entire careers at elite schools. Cal has only been at one for 13 years. He's underachieved regardless considering the talent he's had. He's like late 80s Dean Smith right now. Hopefully he has a second act coming like he did.
Child talent. Haters like to forget that.

I agree, but Cal’s style was perfect for early 90s until about 5 years ago so there would have been no need to adapt.
Still don’t think so. He never mixes up his defense, offense or anything. Never runs OOB plays, make adjustments on defense/offense or uses his TOs. Never have I seen a coach do things the way Cal does. It’s just unbelievable.

Exactly Cal doesn’t adjust so if UK let that dead weight stay for 40 years he’d still only have exactly what he has today 1 title!

I do not understand none of this. How can a man who won a national title and coached in 3 title games, 6 final fours at 3 different schools be said of him that he can't coach? I understand being upset because I have been through similar but You can not deny the success he has had over 1 bad outcome.
Well Mr Gold , I can explain that to you ... but I'll pass . You smell of troll .

I'd be more than pleased if Cal announced he was leaving UK tomorrow, but until that day arrives I have to agree with some other's in that Cal having a nick name like that will only hurt recruiting.

Cal's not getting fired, we all know that, so until he leaves on his own volition I'd be careful about something the media is spouting about our coach.

JMHO.

WW.

Stop downplaying Cal’s failures by deflecting the subject to the fans. You sound like Cal himself. That and an extreme leftist, that resorts to deflecting, when you can’t find a counter argument.
Politics politics politics. You have a one track mind

I'd be more than pleased if Cal announced he was leaving UK tomorrow, but until that day arrives I have to agree with some other's in that Cal having a nick name like that will only hurt recruiting.

Cal's not getting fired, we all know that, so until he leaves on his own volition I'd be careful about something the media is spouting about our coach.

JMHO.

WW.
A nickname on Raftards isn’t really giving him a nickname.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT