ADVERTISEMENT

Can Cavs Knock Off Golden State On The Road

Well they did it in game 7 last year on the road, so yeah I would say it's definitely possible. That said, the Warriors didn't have this dude named Kevin Durant.

Reactions: MbergCat
WArriors win the series, easily.

LeBron will win one game on his own but I'd be very surprised if this goes longer than 5 games.

Does Durant make them a better team than what they had with a deep bench last year? There's no question that GSW needed some time to get rolling with Durant. It's a totally different team now than back in December.

I think they will miss the depth they had.

Let me know when there's five min left in game seven... until then I'll be watching the Stanley Cup Finals. Didn't see the NHL waiting a whole week to gets their finals going.

If Lebron goes to war, Cavs can beat GS anywhere. 4 times? Not likely.

Anyone but Cleveland so go warriors.

I hate Cleveland in everything. But I had to root for them against the Cubs becasue I hate the city of Chicago more than aids. I also hate the west coast teams more than almost anything, especially commiefornia.

What to do?

I hope the Cal's win. Just something about Curry and them I don't like

Why would anyone.doubt lebron going to war? Hes been on a mission and the cavs have a big edge in the post. Now if the warriors go bonkers from three yeah, but the Cavs picked up a.few snipers as well. I think if it's close then GSW may not.know who to give a huge shot to. Durant is not known as a killer in crunch time.

The way that Love has been shooting the ball from three...Cavs win this series. You can't collapse on LeBron if Love is sticking it in 4 out of 5 times from three. Not collapsing on LeBron means a long night of foul trouble and posterizing for the bigs or should I say non-bigs of GS.

Cavs in 6.

Reactions: MWes11 and Fox2monk
WArriors win the series, easily.

LeBron will win one game on his own but I'd be very surprised if this goes longer than 5 games.
Not sure I follow this logic. Show me one position that the Warriors are exponentially better at. Steph/Kyrie is a wash... Klay/JR is a wash during the playoffs because Klay doesn't seem to show up. LeBron is better than KD. I would take Love over Draymond with the way Love has been playing this posteason. And Thompson is better than Pachulia. Plus I like the Cavs bench better this year with the additions of Korver and Deron Williams. I will take the side of the best player in the game and his supporting cast over the challengers this year. And yeah I get it, Warriors blew a 3-1 lead and lost a game 7 without the addition of superstar KD. But Lebron owns KD in head to head match ups as well.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Not sure I follow this logic. Show me one position that the Warriors are exponentially better at. Steph/Kyrie is a wash... Klay/JR is a wash during the playoffs because Klay doesn't seem to show up. LeBron is better than KD. I would take Love over Draymond with the way Love has been playing this posteason. And Thompson is better than Pachulia. Plus I like the Cavs bench better this year with the additions of Korver and Deron Williams. I will take the side of the best player in the game and his supporting cast over the challengers this year. And yeah I get it, Warriors blew a 3-1 lead and lost a game 7 without the addition of superstar KD. But Lebron owns KD in head to head match ups as well.

I agree with all of this but steph is playing way better now than last year. Klay is better than J.R. but J.R. is capable of making that a wash. I think the others are perfect observations and in the end the Cavs turn it on defensively and win the series. Plus the addition of Korver and Love shooting well helps allieviate the three point disparity that exists in peoples minds.

I will also add that Lebron has been.one.of my favorite players ever since I seen him play his sophomore year in high school and I always wanted to see him do well. I love how GSW plays basketball expecially the death lineup. Two years ago I really supported and liked them, greens mouth and attitude plus the addition of K.D. makes me want to see them lose as I think they are trying to buy a championship rather than let the deep and talented bunch they bulit and win with succeed again.

Reactions: MWes11
I agree with all of this but steph is playing way better now than last year. Klay is better than J.R. but J.R. is capable of making that a wash. I think the others are perfect observations and in the end the Cavs turn it on defensively and win the series. Plus the addition of Korver and Love shooting well helps allieviate the three point disparity that exists in peoples minds.
I agree with Steph playing better. I just think production wise, Steph and Kyrie would cancel each other out pretty much. And I would agree that regular season Klay blows JR out of the water, but Klay tends to fade away in the playoffs.

Hoping the Cavs can pull it out.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I really doubt that Cleveland will win game 1. I think Golden State wins this series in five. Don't really care much for the Warriors and hope that the Cavs win, but I don't see it happening.

I agree with Steph playing better. I just think production wise, Steph and Kyrie would cancel each other out pretty much. And I would agree that regular season Klay blows JR out of the water, but Klay tends to fade away in the playoffs.

Hoping the Cavs can pull it out.

My maim concern for GSW is they have three very good options to hit a clutch basket. Durant is BMOC but its stephs show hes an MVP as well. Plus klay and draymond has quite a big ego as well. With the cavs lebron will drive everytime if he has too but is willing to setup others at any point if its the right play. Will steph playing this well.defer to Durant? Having great players is not a bad thing its just that this first year will be interesting to see who is the go to guy.

Reactions: MWes11
I really doubt that Cleveland will win game 1. I think Golden State wins this series in five. Don't really care much for the Warriors and hope that the Cavs win, but I don't see it happening.

The will to win is a strong motivator. Playing not to lose versus playing to win may be the determining factor. IF they both go at each other and no one takes control on the court then, who knows. Normally in that situation someone becomes subservient. That is why MJ won so many times. He was a true warrior that took over games.

Major factor in this series will be the fact that LeBron can't hang back and sort of sag off of his man like he was able to against the Raptors and the Celtics. He and Kyrie are going to have to be as defensively engaged as they've ever been in their entire careers. That's a hard thing to just 'switch on.'

The Cavs offensive efficiency numbers for these playoffs have been absurdly high, but that's in part due to the Raptors laying a major turd in the second round and the blowouts against the Celtics. People have had a lot of time to overthink it, in my opinion. This Warriors team is one of the best of all time on both sides of the ball. I think they win this in 6.

[QE="kmann0433, post: 5950452enwer: 582"]Major factor in this series will be the fact that LeBron can't hang back and sort of sag off of his man like he was able to against the Raptors and the Celtics. He and Kyrie are going to have to be as defensively engaged as they've ever been in their entire careers. That's a hard thing to just 'switch on.'

The Cavs offensive efficiency numbers for these playoffs have been absurdly high, but that's in part due to the Raptors laying a major turd in the second round and the blowouts against the Celtics. People have had a lot of time to overthink it, in my opinion. This Warriors team is one of the best of all time on both sides of the ball. I think they win this in 6.[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is entirely possible but we all thought UK was a 38 0 unbeatable team who happend to run into a offensive juggernaut as well. This is seven games but the Cavs defense is vastly umder appreciated and how anyone can question lebron playing defense baffles me. It's clear he coasts to save energy but when he wants to he can guad anyone. I couldn't imagine building a more perfect version of a player to defend anyone. Point guard to big men he can guard them all.

Yes they can. I don't understand why but the fact that the Warrior's have managed to overshadow Lebron is wild. I got no dog in this fight, I just only hope that NBA fans can appreciate this dude for how special of a player he is. When he's gone he's gone. The Love,Irving and James trio is definitely lethal enough (plus supporting cast) to get the job done for a second year. Don't forget that last year game 7 the cavs looked like grown ass men compared to GS. I'm not sure if Durant can provide the extra muscle to overcome that. The Cavs can really switch it on if they need to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT