ADVERTISEMENT

Can’t shoot and can’t guard

Hagans on those layups. Never feel like any of them are going in. It's like he tries to out hang the defender and then shoots on his way down

The issue is when they beat Michigan state the bar got set high by everyone including the fan base which made people (me included) forget that their are always steps with Cal’s young teams. Maxey gave us a false sense because he played above and beyond of how he really plays and Cal said as much because after the game he said he had not seen that Maxey at anytime up to that game. There’s a reason he didn’t start the season as a starter.

Now what I can’t explain is the defensive rotations because if you do that in game one then there’s no excuse to not do that every game after. I have to say my brother was right about Juzang (he trained him a couple times) and I was wrong about him not only being ready but OAD candidate. My bro said he’d be shocked if he wasn’t at UK for at least three years because of his basketball IQ and lack of high level athletic ability.

the good thing is Nick has the confidence Cal was trying to get him to have and the slate of games before playing Utah is perfect for them to take the usual steps they do every year to becoming the team we will see in March

I agree. but i mean damn, get up and yell. say something....scream, holler...something. instead of eating a corndog.
Hell yea scream and jump up and down and yell too. Loud and jump really fast. Get the team playing really good

Other than that I see mostly upside

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT