ADVERTISEMENT

Cal can’t even win in a fb conference

ukjenning44

Junior
Nov 21, 2022
Pretty sad the man can’t take the only basketball school and win a football conference.

Last edited:
fsEjtjJ.png

We've got 1 "good" loss and 3 inexcusable ones. I have no problem giving a team their due on a day when we gave it our all and got out played.

When we play like crap and lose to teams we have no business losing to, like yesterday, it's absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable. This notion by some of our fans that "losses just happen" is a crock of shit. That's mediocrity. That's rationalizing. And it has absolutely no place in Kentucky basketball.

SEC is the 2nd best conference in Basketball this season. So not sure what troll point you are attempting to make. In the 80s or 90s your argument may have made sense.
Arkansas beat Duke and we beat INC. the SEC lost every other game that mattered.

The SEC was good in the 90’s. Arky NC 1994, runner up 1995, Miss st in the FF with us in 1996.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Welcome to the 1990's with your thinking. The SEC has been one of the better conferences in basketball for a while now.

If you look at talent, I'd imagine it's #1 or #2 most years.
One or two most years? You must be talking about football.
The SEC hasn’t won a NC in basketball in 12 years and has put only one team in the FF since 2015.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
We've got 1 "good" loss and 3 inexcusable ones. I have no problem giving a team their due on a day when we gave it our all and got out played.

When we play like crap and lose to teams we have no business losing to, like yesterday, it's absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable. This notion by some of our fans that "losses just happen" is a crock of shit. That's mediocrity. That's rationalizing. And it has absolutely no place in Kentucky basketball.
The loss to Coastal Colonial Conference powerhouse UNC Wilmington at home is an incurable ingrown ass pimple on the resume...same UNCW squad who lost by 30 to App State... :flush:

Losing at A&M is inexcusable? We were 3.5 point dogs in that game. Look what Alabama is currently doing to Auburn. Conference road games are tough, stop overreacting.

Arkansas beat Duke and we beat INC. the SEC lost every other game that mattered.

The SEC was good in the 90’s. Arky NC 1994, runner up 1995, Miss st in the FF with us in 1996.
SEC overall a conference was 4th or 5th best in the 90s. It's much more competitive now. Always sucks when facts don't back up your claims doesn't it. Seems to happen to you a lot.

The fact is Cal hasn’t done squat since 2015.
He makes too much money for the results we are getting.
Not counting the Covid year, Couch Cal is now averaging 1.43 NCAA wins per season since being neutered by Bo...

SXLgoLn.jpg

NCAA Tourney by the numbers

2016 - 1 Hoosiered
2017 - 3 Tarholed
2018 - 2 KO'd by K State
2019 - 3 Bounced by Auburn
2020 - ***Covid year***
2021 - Missed the tourney entirely
2022 - 0 Bested by a Peacock
2023 - 1 K Stated again
2024 - ?

7 years and 10 NCAA dubs is a MF joke!

Fitting that we play in a football conference......

.......because on defense it looks like 5 guys f*cking a football out there.

• Haha
Reactions: M4CAT
Pretty said the man can’t take the only basketball school and win a football conference.
Not excusing the loss but the SEC is not even your daddy’s conference anymore. This conference can play round ball. Which mean you have to sharpen your sets. Something Cal just doesn’t want or do.

Reactions: ukjenning44
The loss to Coastal Colonial Conference powerhouse UNC Wilmington at home is an incurable ingrown ass pimple on the resume...same UNCW squad who lost by 30 to App State... :flush:
Don't forget losing twice to Candy last season...

The fact is Cal hasn’t done squat since 2015.
I dont know if I'd agree with that. In 2017 and 2019 we were within one shot of the Final Four. Everyone always talks about John Higgins like he's the reason we lost in 2017 and then turn right around and say it's Cal's fault.

Being within two shots of two more Final Fours isn't really doing squat.

• Haha
Reactions: ukjenning44
Yep, it shows with all the FF’s and NC’s the SEC has racked up the past few years 🙄
One of the prettiest blems with the SEC almost anyone can neat anyone else unlike the Big 12 where KU has had a Cake walk and ditto for Gonzaga. I get it you hateCal but you find any reason to put down the players, team, and the conference

The SEC was top heavy in the '90's. Top heavy....not good.

This is consistent behavior with OP....
I’m just brutally honest and don’t waiver.
I knew as soon as a team played tough D against us we would fold like a cheap suit.
And Cal wouldn’t make any adjustments to stop it.
You and a few others thought we could outscore everyone to a FF.
This team won’t make it out of the first weekend of the NCAAT with Cal coaching.
The talent is there but the coaching is not.

You could give Cal the 92 dream team and he couldn’t make the FF. He’s washed! You people that keep saying give him one more year is as crazy as him giving Edwards more and more time to break out.

Say what you want, the SEC over the past 3 to 5 years has been a top 3 conference in basketball. Please note I am not a Cal fan but let’s be honest as well.
I’m being honest. What noise has the SEC made nationally?
When did we last win the ACC/SEC challenge? I know it wasn’t played this season.
The Big East, ACC, and Big 12 have been winning nationally and in the NCAAT. The SEC has NOT!

The SEC had its most success between multiple teams in the 90’s. With the right coach UK would restore itself at the top of the SEC. The rest of the SEC isn’t better. UK is just worse under Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT