ADVERTISEMENT

Cam McCormick TE Miami - 9th year of eligibility

Agreed...at this point...why not let former players come back that dont' stick in NFL.

Like bring back CRod as his NFL days might be done.

This whole notion of what NCAA is doing with transfers and now eligibility is dumb....so many are not a fan of this...so why is NCAA keeping this rule in place?

For those who aren’t familiar with McCormick’s history, here’s what he’s been battling through.
  • 2016 - Redshirted coming off of ACL tear Senior year of HS
  • 2017 - hospitalized with Rhabdomyolysis in offseason but able to play full season
  • 2018 - broken leg and torn ankle ligaments in season opener
  • 2019 - fractured ankle due to failure of one of the screws from 2018 surgery
  • 2020 - ruptured ankle tendons due to screw failure requiring ankle reconstruction
  • 2021 - torn Achilles tendon in second game of season
  • 2022 - able to play 2nd full season
  • 2023 - able to play 3rd full season
So while this is his 9th season in college, it’s really only his 4th full season of competition.

If Miami’s willing to burn a roster spot on him, and he loves the game enough to be willing to keep battling through these setbacks, then good for him. I just don’t see his situation as a big deal.

For those who aren’t familiar with McCormick’s history, here’s what he’s been battling through.
  • 2017 - hospitalized with Rhabdomyolysis in offseason but able to play full season
  • 2020 - ruptured ankle tendons due to screw failure requiring ankle reconstruction
So while this is his 9th season in college, it’s really only his 4th full season of competition.

If Miami’s willing to burn a roster spot on him, and he loves the game enough to be willing to keep battling through these setbacks, then good for him. I just don’t see his situation as a big deal.
Thanks for the info. I did read that earlier but it doesn't change my opinion. He has been snake bit but lots of guys have over the decades.

Wtf is that in your second bullet point?

Wtf is that in your second bullet point?
It’s condition where your body starts breaking down your muscles due to extreme training. I’m not a medical expert, but I think it can lead to heart and kidney damage if I’m remembering correctly.

The strength and conditioning coach was pushing the team way too hard in the offseason and few players ended up hospitalized for a few days because of it. Lawsuit over it ended up getting settled just a couple of years ago.

It’s condition where your body starts breaking down your muscles due to extreme training. I’m not a medical expert, but I think it can lead to heart and kidney damage if I’m remembering correctly.

The strength and conditioning coach was pushing the team way too hard in the offseason and few players ended up hospitalized for a few days because of it. Lawsuit over it ended up getting settled just a couple of years ago.
Rhabdo can cause kidney damage, electrolyte imbalance leading to cardiac arrhythmia or arrest, bleeding and clotting disorders. My wife’s nephew was hospitalized for it multiple times as a complication of muscular dystrophy before he passed away. Yes, it’s often seen in athletes as a result of muscle damage from overwork

Sounds like the guy should have hung up his cleats. I feel for the guy, but a devastating injury every year is the universe telling you that football is something you should not be playing.

Pretending Season 5 GIF by The Simpsons

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT