ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's Handling of Shaedon Sharpe

IF he were to come back it would make a lot of people look silly including myself even though I haven’t commented to much about this whole fiasco. I like my crow medium well.
Who said it was going to be cooked, I think it should be served raw.

• Wow
Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Please. Cal was the recipient of ALL the adulation fans and state media heaped on him in his early years. All that love created Swaggy Cal. Now, he has to man up and take the heat for the mess he's created. You can't accept one and run away from the other. Well, actually, I guess you can, because that's what he does.
Not a bad post------

IF (big if) you could say he was entirely responsible for the mess. Until recently very few thought he would even be eligible for the NBA, and I still think there will be objections raised.

Cal knew he wasn’t coming back next year. Name ONE single player he’s brought in during his entire time at UK where a top 10 pick has come back. Just one. In fact, he generally tells them they have to go if they’re a lottery pick or even a first round pick. There’s way too much past evidence of how this was going to unfold.
How many of those players would have got NIL? Aren't there several players that were highly ranked that do have a year of college ball that will probably be drafted before him? Doesn't this whole fiasco raise moral questions, especially about his "handlers"? Isn't your draft position very important for several years of your salary, and doesn't not playing a year raise questions about your love of the game? If he had played here wouldn't he have made lifetime fans instead of the opposite?

I think laying out another year hurts him more than it helps him, especially with Cal as his coach.

You should recruit every player but you better have a damn back up plan, obviously, Cal did not. Right?
Not necessarily. You have no idea what the exact situation was, and what was discussed between Sharpe, Sharpe’s parents, and Cal. Cal does. You don’t.

Reactions: jauk11
Low country get banned So you are using this account?
Who got banned?

1de0a546ff981c385f3f22b20fef8acf299eeaa2.gifv

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT