ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari played two top 10 picks, off the bench. And started future taco bell managers Justin Edwards & DJ Wagner

What's funny @RunninRichie are you one of those guys that thinks that if you don't day everything negative that means you love Cal? "Hes got blacl socks on and you didnt say you thought gray wrre better, YOU love him!!!!!" Giving hi fives under dark lights doesn't mean anything bc you're out there for a jump ball, it was not staying with the trio to start the half.

Here's the minutes, what do they say

What's funny @RunninRichie are you one of those guys that thinks that if you don't day everything negative that means you love Cal? "Hes got blacl socks on and you didnt say you thought gray wrre better, YOU love him!!!!!" Giving hi fives under dark lights doesn't mean anything bc you're out there for a jump ball, it was not staying with the trio to start the half.

Why didn't Phil Jackson run Kobe and Shaq off the bench, Pippen and Jordan? Why didn't Riley take Magic Johnson and Kareem off the bench? If only minutes matter.

It wasn't the not starting them, it was not sticking with them at the start of the 2nd half if we were down.

They both played more minutes a game than Wagner and Edwards

Here's the minutes, Reeves then Reed. Rob 3 less than wagner

Yeah, I wasn't so upset over the not starting most of the time. It gave us energy off the bench, but Cal was gonna Cal and ride Edwards into the ground. And that's exactly what he did.

I can't fuss too much about DJ. Dude works his butt off. And I hope DJ does well next season, just not against us.

Arky fans are gonna have buyer's remorse I'm afraid.

I wonder if OP can provide us an analysis of how exactly we lost because they didn't start. They even came into the game with us leading Oakland.
Not sure what you're trying to prove. Everyone knows Reed shit the bed against Oakland. That doesn't take away from the fact that he and Rob should have been starting ALL season long.

Not starting your 5 best players to start the game is coaching malpractice. You're supposed to be trying to build a lead and then sustain it. You then use the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half to try and build even further on the lead. Then close out the game the last 5. Saying otherwise is stupid af.
Basic fundamentals of coaching but ccc taught no fundamentals because he doesn't know them

I wonder if OP can provide us an analysis of how exactly we lost because they didn't start. They even came into the game with us leading Oakland.
How about starting multiple games down 6 to 10 points at the 5 minute mark of each half. Your skepticism is hard to understand. Then again maybe it isn't, still a few nut huggers around.

Not starting your 5 best players to start the game is coaching malpractice. You're supposed to be trying to build a lead and then sustain it. You then use the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half to try and build even further on the lead. Then close out the game the last 5. Saying otherwise is stupid af.
I love how often the word "malpractice" has been used on this board.

It isn't about minutes, it's about starting multiple games in the whole and playing rotations that kill positive momentum. WHY are people incapable of seeing 5he first 4 minutes of games MATTERS

It isn't about minutes, it's about starting multiple games in the whole and playing rotations that kill positive momentum. WHY are people incapable of seeing 5he first 4 minutes of games MATTERS
What I keep trying to say. The starting half of a game matters a lot. It dictates a lot of things in a game. If you can burst out and go up 15-2 and set the tone. It can change the game. But people are still stuck on ''but he played so and so minutes''. Ignoring the lost flow and momentum, of going down 6-10 points out of the gate.

What a way to cap off the Calipari era. He had two top 10 guards, who never took over the starting spots . And we lost in the 1st round of both the SECT and NCAAT.
He's an idiot, changing families lives.
Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

It’s really unbelievable. What’s even more unbelievable is the amount of so called KY fans that defended the idiot.
When are the Oakland players going to be drafted?

It’s unreal how many of these posters couldn’t see through it and actually argued in favor of benching the best players on the team. The guy can sell idiots on anything he wants.

Last edited:

You don’t BENCH your 2 best players to start OR start after halftime of games. NOBODY does it, and it’s never even thought about because it’s stupid. Most of the time your best players start both halves unless it’s situational and you NEED a 6th man, and you have the ability because of positions and personnel. None of that fit the Kentucky roster. He did to to appease Wagner and Edwards period.

We dug holes over that bs and it was a total momentum killer with those horrid lineups. I’m sorry only a flat out idiot can’t understand this. To make matters worse it stopped the best lineup with all 3 R’s in the game at the same time. And do you know why? Because they ended up pieces of different lineups.

Stop with the stupid because the guy duped you. It’s natural to try and justify insanity when you can’t accept that’s what it is. You don’t need opinions my guy you need to listen. And your posting history does just fine proving how much Calipari duped the crap out of you.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't so upset over the not starting most of the time. It gave us energy off the bench, but Cal was gonna Cal and ride Edwards into the ground. And that's exactly what he did.

I can't fuss too much about DJ. Dude works his butt off. And I hope DJ does well next season, just not against us.

Arky fans are gonna have buyer's remorse I'm afraid.

Well not starting them to begin both halves is stupid. So Kobe and Shaq needed to come off the bench for sparks. The truth is psychological in reasoning. People that don’t understand what was going on looked for some kind of logic in not starting them both halves. It just couldn’t be that John Calipari had motives so his fans began to create a world where he’s some out of the box genius and he knows more than all the greats in history. No, he’s a crap coach in it for them money and doesn’t care about your team at all. That’s why he did it, to play play favorites. It’s got nothing to do with any of the reasoning some came up with last season. Nothing.

He was never going to start Dilly and Reed no matter what and it wasn’t for “sparks” bbncal .

It’s not just who gets the minutes matter that’s why Jordan and Pippen didn’t come from a bench. People come on. He did it to start his boy and didn’t care what it meant for the team. That’s it. This wasn’t a Manu G situation where it made sense to bring him in off the bench. They were by far our 2 BEST players and it threw off the lineups bad because not only did we dig holes but it kept the 3 R’s out of sinc, killed momentum, and took minutes away from those 3 together.

Cal doesn’t know more than Coach K Adolph Rupp or Phil Freakin Jackson. He did it to appease handlers and because he wasn’t about to take the spot away from Edwards and Wagner. Hes a tool of a coach and people can now stop trying to justify his insanity.

Last edited:
Being indebted to outside handlers for coaching decisions was a pretty big problem. That’s crazy that promises were basically made at the expense of the team. That’s stuff you’d see in youth sports where someone’s daddy pays money so his son could play on the All-Star team despite not being that good.

I try not to talk about this guy on here cause it’s tiresome with all of the threads but seeing him in the green room just turned my stomach. Good riddance to this guy and his ego.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT