ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari is frustrated with the fan base .

I got you. I respect your opinion. But You’re on a uk basketball board even still.
I’m on this board to read everybody’s opinions about something I have enjoyed my whole life. I sincerely wish I didn’t feel the way I do about wanting Cal gone. You said you didn’t care that he insults the fans. I’m been fortunate to live my whole life in Kentucky and when somebody insults the fans I take it personally. The great people of this state deserve respect.

I’m on this board to read everybody’s opinions about something I have enjoyed my whole life. I sincerely wish I didn’t feel the way I do about wanting Cal gone. You said you didn’t care that he insults the fans. I’m been fortunate to live my whole life in Kentucky and when somebody insults the fans I take it personally. The great people of this state deserve respect.
Oh I agree that Kentuckians deserve respect. But it’s not like Cal called everybody a jive turkey. There’s a lot of thin skin involved
tenor.png

Here’s the thing. His culture has never changed. His culture has been the same since day 1. But we were winning and you had no problem with it. How can you not see that? He’s been pro-nba since John wall. His problem is that his monster took on a life of its own and that monster started eating the confidence of the players that needed to be juniors here. It got too big until it finally got scary. So yes he needs to adjust his approach and find away to keep the EJ’s and Juzangs around for a few years. You keep acting like he has all of a sudden adopted this NBA first mentality. He’s done it for 11 years my dude. It’s the kids that are changing how they react to it. So he better adjust something to ease their minds. Even the superstar studs are afraid to come here for fear of failing to meet expectations.

I’ve said over and over I’ll take my chances with Cal fixing this over starting anew from a crop of coaching candidates that I don’t personally like.

Winning is everything. To me anyway. Win games and all these disgruntled fans come back like nothing ever happened. They’ll overlook their wounded feelings and all will be fine.
How can I not see what? No, it's you that is not seeing that this culture stopped working in 2015. This culture only works if you continue to get transcendent players. That's not happening anymore, yet Cal is still full steam ahead with this culture and it is blowing up in his face, but he doesn't care as long as he’s satisfying his draft day boner.

This system used to work, but the game has changed.

How can I not see what? No, it's you that is not seeing that this culture stopped working in 2015. This culture only works if you continue to get transcendent players. That's not happening anymore, yet Cal is still full steam ahead with this culture and it is blowing up in his face, but he doesn't care as long as he’s satisfying his draft day boner.

So we agree then? You’ve said over and over that Cal’s NBA first attitude since 2015 has been a downfall. Sort of makes it sound like he just suddenly adopted that attitude in 2015, which isn’t true. But if you think that his inability to reign it in since 2015 then we actually agree. Cheers

So we agree then? You’ve said over and over that Cal’s NBA first attitude since 2015 has been a downfall. Sort of makes it sound like he just suddenly adopted that attitude in 2015, which isn’t true. But if you think that his inability to reign it in since 2015 then we actually agree. Cheers
I've never said "NBA first attitude since 2015". I've said repeatedly that Cal has failed to bring in the big fish since the 2014 class, sans 2017.

How do you know that? Other coaches get 5 stars as well, except they coach them up better. You seriously think Cal is the only coach that can recruit? Answer this, which had you rather have a roster of 5 stars every year with OAD, in which case you may get a year like this one, or good 3 and 4 stars that have good BB IQ, and stay 3-4 years?
Must have missed this from earlier Shadow. To answer your question, don’t care. Just want to win. Doesn’t matter to me who’s on the roster.

Another piece of shit
What’s happening right now? I called you dude and you said you ain’t a dude. I said pardon me miss and you didn’t like that either. So, you’re not a dude and you’re not a lady, so.........I’m confused. I mean it is 2021 and things are weird. I’ve apparently jumped to two wrong conclusions already. Are you a moose? A rabbit?

Here’s the thing. His culture has never changed. His culture has been the same since day 1. But we were winning and you had no problem with it. How can you not see that? He’s been pro-nba since John wall. His problem is that his monster took on a life of its own and that monster started eating the confidence of the players that needed to be juniors here. It got too big until it finally got scary. So yes he needs to adjust his approach and find away to keep the EJ’s and Juzangs around for a few years. You keep acting like he has all of a sudden adopted this NBA first mentality. He’s done it for 11 years my dude. It’s the kids that are changing how they react to it. So he better adjust something to ease their minds. Even the superstar studs are afraid to come here for fear of failing to meet expectations.

I’ve said over and over I’ll take my chances with Cal fixing this over starting anew from a crop of coaching candidates that I don’t personally like.

Winning is everything. To me anyway. Win games and all these disgruntled fans come back like nothing ever happened. They’ll overlook their wounded feelings and all will be fine.
I agree but I think one major thing that killed Cals momentum is cheating.
This fan base is quick to judge a coach who gives us a damn chance every year but yet they never mention cheating.
They don’t talk about how all these programs not name Ky pay the top talent. We should’ve had Cade this year and he would have made a huge difference but they gave his bro a job.

Ha! Nah dude. I’m not baller. I don’t know who baller is but he must have a baller sense of humor. I welcome an investigation though
You may not be baller. But you got to be related. Your posting style is too similar

This fan base is quick to judge a coach who gives us a damn chance every year but yet they never mention cheating.
They don’t talk about how all these programs not name Ky pay the top talent. We should’ve had Cade this year and he would have made a huge difference but they gave his bro a job.
If you have proof I am sure the NCAA and the feds would like to see it.

My God, another excuse.

Brother your spot on but it doesn't fit this guys narrative, hence, he will continue to spew the same shit. The Last 5 years are a joke and most people see it, some choose not to.

The feeling is completely mutual! Cal has hi-jacked our basketball program and turned it into a 6 month NBA Training camp from year to year, and he needs to know that most of us fans are sick of it, had enough, and want Our Basketball Program Back. I don't care if we run the table from here and win the title. Myself and many more are sick of this same crap every year. You're right Cal. Kentucky's not for everyone, and right now it's no longer for you!!

Reactions: chroix
What’s happening right now? I called you dude and you said you ain’t a dude. I said pardon me miss and you didn’t like that either. So, you’re not a dude and you’re not a lady, so.........I’m confused. I mean it is 2021 and things are weird. I’ve apparently jumped to two wrong conclusions already. Are you a moose? A rabbit?
You can keep guessing, but I noticed you haven’t refuted what you were called.

Crap is there a third option?
This old farm boy pulled up to the country store in his raggedy old truck that was rattling and knocking like an old John Deere tractor.

One of the local smarta$$es asked the old boy where he was going to thrash with that old junker.

The old farm boy replied, right here.

There is always a third option.

Well, I can tell you this. All of my friends are diehard UK fans. They hate this season but they have never talked about getting rid of Cal. So, there you go. The only place I hear ,Fire Cal, is on this board.
How old are you? Do you live in the state of KY? I’m not picking on you I’m just honestly trying to understand this.
I’m 50 years old and live in KY. For the last 2-3 years the people that I’m around that are UK fans are sick of Cal. Most have quit watching or say they only watch when it’s convenient. They all say they are sick of the one and done, new roster every year. And most say they don’t like Cal’s attitude.
These people aren’t all my friends, sometimes they are just business acquaintances. Farm Bureau insurance guy, CPA tax guy, Bank teller. All people I might interact with occasionally where the topic of KY basketball will come up.
All of these people including my friends that I’m around more often are sick of Cal and his version of KY basketball. For the ones who were riding the fence this year finished them off. And most say they quit watching early in the season or before.
These are people with UK license plates on the front of their vehicles, KY flags in their yards, UK shirts and hats on every time you would see them. They’re done, quit watching, fed up! And it’s been that way before this year with a lot. Yet when mentioned on this board (and I have before this season) I’m told it’s isolated to “my friends” and “not that way everywhere.”
These people vary from blue collar to white collar workers, men and women.
It’s happening whether some want to believe it or not and the attendance at Rupp will show it if and when they’re ever allowed to open up completely.
With that in mind Covid has helped Cal this season. Because if it were a normal year with fans in attendance, it would’ve been far worse for him for sure.

How old are you? Do you live in the state of KY? I’m not picking on you I’m just honestly trying to understand this.
I’m 50 years old and live in KY. For the last 2-3 years the people that I’m around that are UK fans are sick of Cal. Most have quit watching or say they only watch when it’s convenient. They all say they are sick of the one and done, new roster every year. And most say they don’t like Cal’s attitude.
These people aren’t all my friends, sometimes they are just business acquaintances. Farm Bureau insurance guy, CPA tax guy, Bank teller. All people I might interact with occasionally where the topic of KY basketball will come up.
All of these people including my friends that I’m around more often are sick of Cal and his version of KY basketball. For the ones who were riding the fence this year finished them off. And most say they quit watching early in the season or before.
These are people with UK license plates on the front of their vehicles, KY flags in their yards, UK shirts and hats on every time you would see them. They’re done, quit watching, fed up! And it’s been that way before this year with a lot. Yet when mentioned on this board (and I have before this season) I’m told it’s isolated to “my friends” and “not that way everywhere.”
It’s happening whether some want to believe it or not and the attendance at Rupp will show it if and when they’re ever allowed to open up completely.
With that in mind Covid has helped Cal this season. Because if it were a normal year with fans in attendance, it would’ve been far worse for him for sure.
Excellent post and spot on.

Long post.

This old farm boy pulled up to the country store in his raggedy old truck that was rattling and knocking like an old John Deere tractor.

One of the local smarta$$es asked the old boy where he was going to thrash with that old junker.

The old farm boy replied, right here.

There is always a third option.
I think you boys are confused. @Backer cutter said he/she wasn’t a dude. He/she also didn’t like when I assumed he/she was a “miss”. Last I checked there were only two genders so I asked about a third. Now I’m pretty certain he/she is one of the two. Which one is still a mystery.

I’ve cut a lot of baccer in my day. You don’t see a lot of women cuttin baccer. So I assume he’s a dude but maybe he just hates being called a dude

I think you boys are confused. @Backer cutter said he/she wasn’t a dude. He/she also didn’t like when I assumed he/she was a “miss”. Last I checked there were only two genders so I asked about a third. Now I’m pretty certain he/she is one of the two. Which one is still a mystery.

I’ve cut a lot of baccer in my day. You don’t see a lot of women cuttin baccer. So I assume he’s a dude but maybe he just hates being called a dude
You seem to be a fast learner. Don’t fall off them “rails” in the barn

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse

Where I was raised in KY, lots if women cut backer, the men speared it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT