ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari is a HORRIBLE

No one was but a real coach steps up when things aren’t clicking like they were against Miami. We never looked good in this game. No adjustments from cal at all. Why not put someone different on white the last 6 minutes of the game. Why not starr running double teams at him to force him to give up the ball and let someone else beat you. Nope, same ole same ole. Cal just has no answers in a close game. His in game coaching really is very subpar. Subpar would actually be an improvement.
Actually someone other than White did step up.
I get the frustration of not being able to get a stop but DJ seems like the logical choice to slow down White but without him idk who you would have turned to.
Reeves has never been able to guard anyone of substance.
Too big for Rob.
Too quick for Justin or Adu.

No one was but a real coach steps up when things aren’t clicking like they were against Miami. We never looked good in this game. No adjustments from cal at all. Why not put someone different on white the last 6 minutes of the game. Why not starr running double teams at him to force him to give up the ball and let someone else beat you. Nope, same ole same ole. Cal just has no answers in a close game. His in game coaching really is very subpar. Subpar would actually be an improvement.
He did double him the other guard started making plays. Uncw had guys make some incredible shots, they got confident the more the game went on. These players didn't respect their opponent just thought they would show up and win easy.

For those that are going to defend Cal based off what players did or didn't do during the game, please explain how Cal doesn't effect how the team starts a game like this so flat and uninspired. Cal didn't miss a shot, true. But his job is to have his team prepared for a game like this.
What coach always has his team prepared?
There would never be an upset if this were true.

He didn’t get beat to the bucket repeatedly. Oh and get beat to rebounds repeatedly either. Lulz Edwards SUCKS!
Lol I guess we watched 2 totally different games I get it Reed is a fan favorite and does everything perfect but it is what it is

For those that are going to defend Cal based off what players did or didn't do during the game, please explain how Cal doesn't effect how the team starts a game like this so flat and uninspired. Cal didn't miss a shot, true. But his job is to have his team prepared for a game like this.
When teams start out like that, why not call a time out and run a play, if there are any. This same thing has happened numerous times. How many times does he have to be hit in the head to learn to duck

That what I can't understand. Every single got beat off the dribble time and time again, yet he only trapped a few times, no zone
Were you in the huddle? You're usually taught by most coaches to funnel the man your guarding to the help defense. With all the new rules in basketball, college and pro, it's almost impossible to stop a drive. That's why they call it team defense, you got to have help.

It’s not him, our team is just less experienced right now. We’ll figure it out by tourney time. We go thru this every year; we’ll be fine... Trust the process man, give it a break!
Tourney time? You mean when we have to struggle to overcome another shitty tournament seed because of early November and December losses? Yeah, I know all about tourney time

What coach always has his team prepared?
There would never be an upset if this were true.
So, Cal is never at fault? If he doesn't prepare well or coach in-game well, is that different than not shooting well or falling asleep on Def. Coaching is HIS job. Part of that is preparation. Sometimes it's players, but sometimes it is on the great HOFer John Calipari.

You just can't lose games like this at HOME. Lost more tonight than we gained by beating a to 10 at home. Seeding destroyed. And yes, it does matter.

Cal gets the credit for wins, therefore he takes the blame for losses. That said, I thought the cats played sloppy and selfish today.

Yeah, Cal didn’t defend the three, couldn’t hit a three and made goofy turnovers.
But, when those things happen, repeatedly, over the course of several years, with entirely different players & teams, it is a direct reflection on the guy in charge & what he teaches & prioritizes. Players & assistants come & go, but, there is one common denominator on the sideline, who has been a constant, throughout.

The same, exact bs that cost us today has happened far too frequently over the last few years to keep blaming the players. Especially, against inferior competition. How many more embarrassing losses will it take for some ppl to see it?

Cal is terrible. He lacks the ability to recognize his best players. Thiero & Reeves should not be in the starting line up. Wagner, Sheppard, Dilly, Edwards & Mitchell. Next game replace Edwards with Bradshaw. Why not Reeves? He tries to force too much instead of playing within the offense. Cal refuses to play any defense but man. UNCW are our lunch yesterday because of Cals stubborn ass! I’m sick of him. His arrogance towards the fans, his stubbornness that he knows everything. He tries to put square pegs in round holes and refuses to admit he’s wrong. This team is a poor rebounding team. It’s a simple fix. You have to make it a priority in practice and a focus. Drill after drill and emphasis on it. But it’s not a focus. You can see it’s not. When the shot goes up, we are nowhere near the basket and don’t get in rebounding position. I’m not getting my hopes up this year. Not as long as Cal is coach.

Agreed

Garbage team and garbage season
This Is Fine Meagan Good GIF by Harlem

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT