Coach Cal. A simple yes or no question.

Do you support and still want Cal here?

• Yes

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • No

Votes: 219 90.5%

• Total voters
You can support the team and players while also thinking cal needs to go
If you want the team to go 40-0 and win a title, you're kind of cheering for all to be successful. I hoped for a new coach,we didn't get one, I hope he makes me eat crow. It is what it is

You can support the team and players while also thinking cal needs to go
If I own a company, and you hate me with a passion, yet you hope the company makes millions of dollars, you buy my products, watch me on television, you are supporting me

Somebody send Ky Bass and Ed (with the 3s & 2s) a ballot and let them vote by mail. Matter of fact send a police out to see if those guys are ok. Do a welfare check. I worry about those guys well-being.

These polls people did on here and online are what our damn AD and administration should have done and have knowledge of before making the decision to keep him. The fact that Barnhart had no clue how upset fans really were, and how bad they really wanted to move on is ridiculous. What does Barnhart even do as AD? It’s his job to know what the fanbase is thinking, and he has no clue what the majority was thinking. And even worse he decided to keep him, and said it was never really a option to fire him.

It really doesn't matter what the "fanbase" thinks and it shouldn't make a difference. If an AD runs the athletic department based on polls and other similar feedback, it will blow up in his face. If he did that, UK would be firing and hiring a coach every few years.

Good leaders don't always do what is popular at the time. A good example is that this board was overwhelmingly positive when the "lifetime contract" was given. We all agree now that it was a bad decision but had there been a poll, it would have had strong support based on this board.

Definitely not a fan of Cal, he did some good things the early but it’s way past time. I also think the fact that he won’t step aside at this point tells me a lot. Not too sure if he cares about the program the way I felt he once did.

It really doesn't matter what the "fanbase" thinks and it shouldn't make a difference. If an AD runs the athletic department based on polls and other similar feedback, it will blow up in his face. If he did that, UK would be firing and hiring a coach every few years.

Good leaders don't always do what is popular at the time. A good example is that this board was overwhelmingly positive when the "lifetime contract" was given. We all agree now that it was a bad decision but had there been a poll, it would have had strong support based on this board.
A good ADs job is to know what the fanbase is thinking, the fact that he didn’t means he is fully doing his job. A fanbase this upset about a coach coming back shouldn’t result in the ad saying “ yeah firing him was never an option” and basically letting him do whatever he wants

Decision has been made. Cal’s the coach. Nothing we can do.

Fruitless in my opinion to keep whining. Put in it the rear view and move forward. You can’t change it now.

I’m a UK fan first and foremost.

The problem with that is if every fanbase took that road no coach would be removed until it was so bad it was forced. Coaching searches are time consuming and a lot of work. There are probably a lot of administrators and AD’s who would rather ride it out but the pressure mounts too great and they’re forced to make a move.

I think what the fans are doing is necessary. I’m not saying it will force anything one way or another right now, but I’d say being apathetic towards it is a bad signal to send. We want the media and the fanbase hard up.

Reactions: chroix
If UK is playing, I’m cheering for them and want them to win regardless of who the coach is.

I’ve been through Eddie Sutton, Pitino, Tubby, BCG & now Cal. The Big Blue means more than all of them combined.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT