ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari is a HORRIBLE

In game coach.
This is exactly the point I wanted to make. That said, what the hell does he do in practice? He is a joke for a coach and makes the HOF selection committee laughable. With all the talent that's he's ushered through Lexington, his accomplishments at the helm are underwhelming but his mouth ... now that that's HOF stuff right there.

It's been VERY evident for several years that Cal is one of the worst in game coaches in the country.

I don't care how the season goes, I personally want him to hit the road, and have for a while now. His sole concern is his beloved potential draft picks; winning any kind of championship is way down the list for Cal.

I know they’re a veteran team I know the mid majors they’re like ranked eighth in the country. I know we didn’t play very good but there’s no darn excuse for losing a game at home to a mid major like this. I’m sorry.

23 point favorite.

Cal is not a game coach.

Would have lost by 20 had Reed gone to Virginia.

Guys don't freak out...We laid an egg...yea it sucks...Nothing was clicking and they played phenomenal. I know it's hard to give them any credit, but they came in very hungry, and they do have some dudes who can really play. They have been thinking about this game for a year....we've been thinking about it for 5 days...They were hitting some unbelievable clutch shots and sometimes it's just their night...we've seen it before...it will be ok. I think our young guys got a little over confident after miami and this was their humbling moment. You may not like it, but there is a lot to be learned from moments like this. It will all be ok...Don't panic...I know the Cal haters will rise from their tombs and reek havoc for a few days and then they will crawl back into their little caves as we progress into the season and we all observe this team get better and better and better. This team has it..Just give it time.

For those that are going to defend Cal based off what players did or didn't do during the game, please explain how Cal doesn't effect how the team starts a game like this so flat and uninspired. Cal didn't miss a shot, true. But his job is to have his team prepared for a game like this.

Was you sick of him after the Miami game?
No one was but a real coach steps up when things aren’t clicking like they were against Miami. We never looked good in this game. No adjustments from cal at all. Why not put someone different on white the last 6 minutes of the game. Why not starr running double teams at him to force him to give up the ball and let someone else beat you. Nope, same ole same ole. Cal just has no answers in a close game. His in game coaching really is very subpar. Subpar would actually be an improvement.

Reactions: crestcat
Guys don't freak out...We laid an egg...yea it sucks...Nothing was clicking and they played phenomenal. I know it's hard to give them any credit, but they came in very hungry, and they do have some dudes who can really play. They have been thinking about this game for a year....we've been thinking about it for 5 days...They were hitting some unbelievable clutch shots and sometimes it's just their night...we've seen it before...it will be ok. I think our young guys got a little over confident after miami and this was their humbling moment. You may not like it, but there is a lot to be learned from moments like this. It will all be ok...Don't panic...I know the Cal haters will rise from their tombs and reek havoc for a few days and then they will crawl back into their little caves as we progress into the season and we all observe this team get better and better and better. This team has it..Just give it time.
We just lost to UNC Willmington at home, a team that just lost to East Carolina. That is not OKAY,we are not going to be okay. Teams that lose to UNC Wilmingtons dont go to FF. We dont play good defense and will have a bad shooting game in tourney and that will be it.

No one was but a real coach steps up when things aren’t clicking like they were against Miami. We never looked good in this game. No adjustments from cal at all. Why not put someone different on white the last 6 minutes of the game. Why not starr running double teams at him to force him to give up the ball and let someone else beat you. Nope, same ole same ole. Cal just has no answers in a close game. His in game coaching really is very subpar. Subpar would actually be an improvement.
I get it but people are bashing Edwards about his defense but no one wants to say anything about Sheppards defense when he was getting exposed also but it's was just a bad game we will bounce back

Totally agree with you. The players definitely been watching all of the clippings from the media about how great they were. I don't care what anyone on this site says but I think this was a good lost. Hate losing, it sucks, but young teams sometimes need a wake up call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT