ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Wilson Cancels Alabama Visit

Sleepers Media is reporting Wilson has cancelled his visit to Alabama. They are basically predicting a commit to UK. The interesting thing is WHY they believe he cancelled.

I hope they don’t get Dybantsa. But I’ll take our dude, he’s a beast. They seem pretty damn confident he’s coming here with Lewis though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’m a little worried he might be favoring UNC. They are the only program he has used the word “love” when talking about. Or maybe he’s ready to commit to UK and he’s just taking the visit out of courtesy to Hubert. I feel like that’s a distinct possibility because I think Lewis is ready to commit and is urging Wilson on, and Lewis just dropped UNC.

The event that Johnson just went to and was named a top player at Nico Bundalo was also there and named one of the top players in front of tons of NBA scouts. They said that Johnson is one of the very best scorers in the class with how he can score from literally anywhere on the court. And Bundalo was said to be one of the very best bigs there is with his flexibility and skills. Hopefully we can get Bundalo because the way he plays and how good he is would be a good match with Pope's offense.

The event that Johnson just went to and was named a top player at Nico Bundalo was also there and named one of the top players in front of tons of NBA scouts. They said that Johnson is one of the very best scorers in the class with how he can score from literally anywhere on the court. And Bundalo was said to be one of the very best bigs there is with his flexibility and skills. Hopefully we can get Bundalo because the way he plays and how good he is would be a good match with Pope's offense.
Bundalo seems to be the most polished offensively over Cenac & Wilson.
The other 2 are more athletic, but Bundalo is probably the better basketball player

Wasn't this kid in Lexington on an unofficial visit shortly after pope was hired? I think he was walking around with Mark fox if I remember right. His recruitment has been so low profile I don't know what the heck is going on.

Wasn't this kid in Lexington on an unofficial visit shortly after pope was hired? I think he was walking around with Mark fox if I remember right. His recruitment has been so low profile I don't know what the heck is going on.
Can't remember, just know we have been recruiting him for a while. Cenac and Bundalo would be a nice duo to go with Moreno.

Bundalo seems to be the most polished offensively over Cenac & Wilson.
The other 2 are more athletic, but Bundalo is probably the better basketball player
Just throwing this out for takes and discussion: if you could have one of the three high school PFs (Wilson, Cenac or Bundalo) which one would you take if you were Pope? Which one pairs better alongside Garrison and Moreno at Center next season? Which one would you prefer if you knew you could get to keep him and develop him for at least 3 seasons? Which one would you take if you were Calipari?

Many times when a player visits a school for the second time it's a last ditch effort because they know he's going elsewhere. I hope this is the case. But in this day of NIL it makes me nervous.

Many times when a player visits a school for the second time it's a last ditch effort because they know he's going elsewhere. I hope this is the case. But in this day of NIL it makes me nervous.
Well, the Wilson's are visiting on their own dime.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Just throwing this out for takes and discussion: if you could have one of the three high school PFs (Wilson, Cenac or Bundalo) which one would you take if you were Pope? Which one pairs better alongside Garrison and Moreno at Center next season? Which one would you prefer if you knew you could get to keep him and develop him for at least 3 seasons? Which one would you take if you were Calipari?
I would take Wilson for upside and the package with another guard that wants to play together apparently that we also want.

Reactions: will1976 and G-PIP
Take Wilson and Lewis to go along with JJ and Moreno call it a class. Unless another stud like Cenac or Brown wanted in and let em come. Assuming Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry and Noah come back go get the last 4 scholly's from the portal. Gotta be a SR point guard and stretch PF along with another wing and anything else who would love to play at UK for a last year in college.

After reading how Bundalo played the other day I would take him. His fundamentals are very high. And the reporter said his ceiling is sky high.

I would take Wilson for upside and the package with another guard that wants to play together apparently that we also want.
I also think Wilson probably has the most room for growth – although all three have lots of room for development. Watching video, it seems Wilson would benefit the most from continuing physical maturity and strength training (again, not that the other two wouldn’t also).

If all three are OAD, then I might chose Cenac for next season. It’s my guess he could hold his own better physically and also because I hope/expect UK will get a top PF with 3pt. ability from the portal. Of course, it always depends on the other players surrounding a guy. If your team has plenty of shooters but is light on a strong and physical interior presence, then go with the guy who most exemplifies “power” in PF. If you have a hoss at Center, maybe go for the guy who can better stretch the floor, etc.

But the trump card, I think, with these three guys is which one most likely gives you multiple years. If I knew that as a coach, then that’s the one out of these three that I would pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT