ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Update on Bradshaw Tonight

He‘ll play Saturday.
That’s great. I’ll be there to see it. I thought he would eventually play due to his injury (show the nba folks he is fine). I also thought they held him out a little longer due to the risk of a second injury to a big man. Either way, very excited to see him play and for the future of this team.

That'll be the big thing.

You gotta take the mins from Burks (11 mins/game), take maybe 5 away from Thiero, and 5 away from Mitchell, and that's 21 MPG for Bradshaw, seems solid to me.
That’s not quite how it works when some of those guys are on the court at the same time.

I think if he plays Saturday it should be off the bench and see how he responds. Let him get a feel for playing with his teammates. He won’t have had much practice as a unit. I’m ok with Mitchell’s PT going down some and he should be too. We don’t need guys exhausting themselves before the stretch run of the season.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Nope, they will all leave the board for good (at least I hope). Or create diff usernames and fine something else to bitch about.
I remember getting "clowned" for saying Sharpe would never play. For Bradshaw I assume he will play, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The transition should be slow since Bradshaw will not be in game shape to run with the team at this time. The team gets up and down the court quickly so, it should be another month before he is ready for 20 plus minutes imo.

On Thiero over Mitchell: that will be interesting because while Thiero is stronger, quicker, and more athletic, Mitchell shoots better, sees the court better for assist, has more big game time experience, plays under more control and is a leader on the floor.
Thiero also defends and rebounds better. Mitchell is possibly the worst defender on this team. It’s between him and Reeves.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I won’t say I was wrong because I never said he wouldn’t. I said I speculate that he won’t. Just a hunch/gut feeling. If he does, then hell yeah I’ll be happy and I’ll still be posting like I have for nearly 18 years, same handle.
Translation, he trashed the kid without saying he trashed him. Just trashing but not really really trashing. It kinda depends on what you definition of is is.

Reactions: Graham51
I hope the chemistry is still there.

Tre Mitchell played 34 minutes tonight. He’s averaged that many on the season. There’s no way he’ll keep getting that much. Will he be okay with that?

Thiero and Edwards both played 28 minutes. That’s a bit more than both of them average this season. They will both see a decrease. Will they be okay with that?

And Burks has played his last meaningful minutes this year. But he probably didn’t think he’d play any when he first signed.
No player should be playing 34min. Mitchell should be happy with 28. Burks will be the first to lose minutes. After he gets near 0, then Mitchell and Theiro will lose equally, with Reeves losing a few too.

When Bradshaw checks someone will say oh Klutch is only letting him check in for one game to stick it to Kentucky
I flat out question anyone's sanity who thought he wouldn't play . I mean seriously ? Do you listen to the words that come out of his mouth EVERY SINGLE TIME HE HAS EVER SPOKE ON UK ? Kid loves this team and his teammates. He is more UK then most players over the last 10 years. Its just nonsensical Cal hate from "fans" who don't think he will play. But those same guys better not start acting like they love Cal and these guys just because we are about to go on an amazing run. We had a bad stretch from St. peter's 2nd half to end of last season. It happens. But the season leading up to St Peters that year was great and the covid year we would of made the final 4 I am 100% on that as Maxey and crew were ballers and a great team. the following year we sucked like all young teams did that season and then had a great team the next year choked to a good St. peter's and then last year were just decent nothing more. BUt our demise was always GREATLY exaggerated. Cal will be here 7-10 more years and have another season or 2 like last season but will have 3-4 more like what we are about to experience as well.

Thiero also defends and rebounds better. Mitchell is possibly the worst defender on this team. It’s between him and Reeves.
It will come down to what identity Cal decides to make for the team imo. We currently are 3rd or 4th in the nation in scoring averaging 94 points per game and give up 71 points per game. Not even in the top 100 in points allowed. Once we get a big or two back that will probably change so, situation will dictate who plays more between Mitchell and Thiero.

I hope the chemistry is still there.

Tre Mitchell played 34 minutes tonight. He’s averaged that many on the season. There’s no way he’ll keep getting that much. Will he be okay with that?

Thiero and Edwards both played 28 minutes. That’s a bit more than both of them average this season. They will both see a decrease. Will they be okay with that?

And Burks has played his last meaningful minutes this year. But he probably didn’t think he’d play any when he first signed.

🙄

Every one of these guys has stated winning is all they care about. But keep being the negative doodie stirrer that you are.

With a healthy Bradshaw, I believe we win the KU game. We had no height to defend Hunter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT