ADVERTISEMENT

Cal regrets using the 5 weeks or more timeline for Bradshaw

I'll go with the positive side and hope they will be ready sooner than the 5 weeks. Doesn't do any good to just always doubt if and when they might play. With Z, Mitchell, Burks, etc. at least we have options til they are ready to go.

They won’t be “cleared” till mid-season. Then Cal will say “they just don’t know the plays. This is a hard deal”. Then finally they will be injected into the lineup just in time to f*ck up team chemistry and momentum heading into the postseason. Then it’s on to the draft!

Really the only issue I've got eye on is Bradshaw due to what was reported/we know of what is going on. He's got all the eyes on him for what has been leaked from behind the scenes.

Ugo participated in Toronto-got injured and it was worse then expected, had surgery. He's on a legit timeline that makes sense and he suited up for the Cats last year too. Nothing funny around his situation at all IMO. Need his rim protection and believe he'll do whatever it takes to get on court ASAP.

TWENTY TO TWENTY-FIVE POUNDS?

Each?

That seems...impossible.
Get guys on regular/right nutrition and they lift seriously, that's very possible. They can feed them what they need to fuel and have them on regular lifting schedule.

Ugo's growth is likely being measured from last year's arrival and we saw the gains in the offseason.

We need better medical care for the players, what UK provides must be garbage. Injuries at UK take 2-3 times longer to heal than in any other university.
I don't think it is the quality of the medical care at all. It is within the basketball program and the handlers of the players, that is who dictates if and when a player will or won't play

I'll go with the positive side and hope they will be ready sooner than the 5 weeks. Doesn't do any good to just always doubt if and when they might play. With Z, Mitchell, Burks, etc. at least we have options til they are ready to go.
I'd like to go with the positive as well but again we have Cal talking out of both sides of his mouth. Maybe it will be sooner or it could be later, are they both on the same track or timeframe(even though their injuries were different and occurred at different times) Z still has to be cleared by the NCAA. Since he is at UK we know what a crap shoot that may turn out to be. Classic Cal the closer we get to the season the more vague he becomes and the muddier the water gets

Get guys on regular/right nutrition and they lift seriously, that's very possible. They can feed them what they need to fuel and have them on regular lifting schedule.

Ugo's growth is likely being measured from last year's arrival and we saw the gains in the offseason.
So that puts them at 225/230 and 265/270 respectively?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Cal learned several years ago that if he keeps players out he always has a built-in excuse for his piss poor results. Been doing it since Poythress. Not that some of the injuries haven’t been legit. But enough with the excuses.

So that puts them at 225/230 and 265/270 respectively?
No--I think it puts Bradshaw at 210/215 as I'd guess he was 190-ish in HS.

Ugo growth is being tracked from his initial time on campus. I'm doing a dangerous thing and trying to interpret "Calipari-ese" and he makes odd statements because his mind is running faster than his comprehensive communication. LOL So from where he came into Kentucky, think he's added 20-25 lbs from last August.

No--I think it puts Bradshaw at 210/215 as I'd guess he was 190-ish in HS.

Ugo growth is being tracked from his initial time on campus. I'm doing a dangerous thing and trying to interpret "Calipari-ese" and he makes odd statements because his mind is running faster than his comprehensive communication. LOL So from where he came into Kentucky, think he's added 20-25 lbs from last August.
We have all been forced into dangerous territory(trying to make sense of Cal-speak) you are probably doing a better job than most. I just try to accept what he says at facepalm value

So in other words, out of respect for their handlers, Cal will wait for the players and handlers to say when and where they play. Cal lost this program years ago, and UK gave him that dumb contract.
the handlers have already said that Ugo will start @ center & Bradshaw @ forward. But now they have teh injury card to play. Just continual games that the fans are tired of

Reminds me of something I remember from a while ago...I just can't place it though.

Oh wait....

27168be3-2445-4053-a6e7-1e2d36721888-UKvsGa_22.jpg

Really the only issue I've got eye on is Bradshaw due to what was reported/we know of what is going on. He's got all the eyes on him for what has been leaked from behind the scenes.

Ugo participated in Toronto-got injured and it was worse then expected, had surgery. He's on a legit timeline that makes sense and he suited up for the Cats last year too. Nothing funny around his situation at all IMO. Need his rim protection and believe he'll do whatever it takes to get on court ASAP.
I guess I missed what was leaked and what is going on are you able to share that?

I don’t think Sharpe ever had any intention of playing for UK. It was a necessary stop to get to the NBA.

I do think Bradshaw wants to play at UK, but I don’t trust his camp at all. Hopefully he gets to make his own decision.
No kid with a camp makes their own decision. If he was at USC he would be ready to go from day one. We began hearing this crap in August or earlier.

Reactions: NociHTTP
No kid with a camp makes their own decision. If he was at USC he would be ready to go from day one. We began hearing this crap in August or earlier.
I won’t debate those points. I’ll keep a sliver of hope he plays since it’s still Oct.

Reactions: NociHTTP
When Cal begins to talk things begin to go sideways for the UK basketball program

"they are 5 to 6 weeks away"

"I regret putting a timeframe on things"

"what if it is less, what if it's more"

If only we didn't have to listen to Cal speak anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT