ADVERTISEMENT

Cal regrets using the 5 weeks or more timeline for Bradshaw

I will believe he plays when the game clock starts and he is on the floor. The kid seems involved it what is going on with the program but it is a real question if he ever plays a minute here. Cal just keeps on being Cal and it gets older by the season.
If Bradshaw doesn't play this season, Johnny clam chowder should follow him to the NBA. Calipari's time in Lexington would officially be over.

So in other words, out of respect for their handlers, Cal will wait for the players and handlers to say when and where they play. Cal lost this program years ago, and UK gave him that dumb contract.
This. Clutch must not have liked cal saying that. I still say it’s like 10% chance Bradshaw plays.

Why are you settling for two when all three committed to play here?

Are we now okay with taking scraps from the table?
not JW but since I agree with him I'll respond, speaking just for me yes I am because that is where Cal ball has the program now and where it is likely to stay as long as he is here. Let's say we have 10 players that can contribute, currently there are questions on when/if 3 of them will play. Cal makes some confusing comments today on this very issue and raises more questions than he answers

Get guys on regular/right nutrition and they lift seriously, that's very possible. They can feed them what they need to fuel and have them on regular lifting schedule.

Ugo's growth is likely being measured from last year's arrival and we saw the gains in the offseason.
I’m assuming their timeline started when they got to UK in the summer. I don’t care how much and how healthy you eat and lift it is absolutely impossible to put on 20-25 pounds of muscle in a matter of months. You can be a young, athletic, and genetic freak and it is still humanly impossible.

Get guys on regular/right nutrition and they lift seriously, that's very possible. They can feed them what they need to fuel and have them on regular lifting schedule.

Ugo's growth is likely being measured from last year's arrival and we saw the gains in the offseason.

Agree. At 19, 20 years old you can look at food and weights and get bigger. Isn't that hard.

I don't think it is the quality of the medical care at all. It is within the basketball program and the handlers of the players, that is who dictates if and when a player will or won't play
Who is their handlers in high school when they play thru it? Maybe it’s an insurance deal and UK covers the treatment? Who knows, I sure don’t but it’s ridiculous.

I don't have any doubt Bradshaw will play. It isn't the same has Sharpe situation. They've also seemed to build the offense to stretch the floor.

I don't think it is the quality of the medical care at all. It is within the basketball program and the handlers of the players, that is who dictates if and when a player will or won't play
  1. Cut a brown paper grocery bag into 2in. -wide strips.
  2. Soak the paper strips in white vinegar.
  3. Wrap the strips around the injured area.
  4. Wrap again with a hand towel, and wet the towel with more white vinegar.
  5. Wrap the whole area with a dry towel or trash bag.
  6. Heal overnight.
Hey this worked years ago maybe they should try this today. :)

We need better medical care for the players, what UK provides must be garbage. Injuries at UK take 2-3 times longer to heal than in any other university.
Has absolutely nothing to do with the medical and everything to do with John Calipari.

His concern is protecting guys, not getting them back on the floor to win games. Don’t know how many examples people need until that is just universally understood.

I'd like to go with the positive as well but again we have Cal talking out of both sides of his mouth. Maybe it will be sooner or it could be later, are they both on the same track or timeframe(even though their injuries were different and occurred at different times) Z still has to be cleared by the NCAA. Since he is at UK we know what a crap shoot that may turn out to be. Classic Cal the closer we get to the season the more vague he becomes and the muddier the water gets
No, I get your concern but I just choose to be optimistic about this topic as my worrying or doubting about it at this point isn't going to do me any good. If it turns out bad then I'll be disappointed and frustrated later by why put myself through that ahead of time. That's all I meant. I know people don't trust Cal about much of anything any longer and I've done my share of criticizing of him but just wanting to be positive right now.

I broke 8 bones in my right foot in an accident my Junior year of high school, in 4 1/2 months I was starting my senior baseball season, I surely didn’t have the medical attention these players get! Bradshaw was hurt in April, he’s gonna be almost 7 months when the season starts. 🤷‍♂️

I broke 8 bones in my right foot in an accident my Junior year of high school, in 4 1/2 months I was starting my senior baseball season, I surely didn’t have the medical attention these players get! Bradshaw was hurt in April, he’s gonna be almost 7 months when the season starts. 🤷‍♂️
He's walking around and running just fine. We seen that last week.

the handlers have already said that Ugo will start @ center & Bradshaw @ forward. But now they have teh injury card to play. Just continual games that the fans are tired of
It should be Cal saying where guys are going to play, but no.....Cal doesn't want to do a his damn job 🤬🤬🤬

You also didn't see Sharpe going pro without ever playing here after he committed to Kentucky. You're a natural optimist, but that doesn't mean you're right in this case.

In all seriousness though, what would be point for Bradshaw? He has effectively been at UK since June. If it was about money, etc... wouldn't he go to g-league?

With Sharpe he was a mid yr enrolle. If you were Bradshaw why in the world would you come to UK to go to class, practice, etc all so you can never play here. He has other options. Would be very odd...even moreso than Sharpe.

In all seriousness though, what would be point for Bradshaw? He has effectively been at UK since June. If it was about money, etc... wouldn't he go to g-league?

With Sharpe he was a mid yr enrolle. If you were Bradshaw why in the world would you come to UK to go to class, practice, etc all so you can never play here. He has other options. Would be very odd...even moreso than Sharpe.
Medical care ,keep his name/brand in the news(he gets more coverage here not playing than he would in the G league), use of better facilities. Maybe he does play but it is not a sure thing. It is possible at best, which is less than probable

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Trainers and ultimately the doc makes the call on injuries. Totally out of coaching staffs hands. Even the player themselves can’t override a no from the medical staff.

I’m not sure why the coaching staff even gives a report. After all the abuse and baseless yammering in the fanbase and media, they should say some are injured, some are not. Beyond that, we’ll see you at tip off. People manufacture their own stories anyway. Might as well just ignore them and laugh at the nonsense.

Reactions: CatTough
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT