ADVERTISEMENT

Cal please step down

May 4, 2015
Charleston, SC
Cal has turned UK into a laughing stock. It’s completely embarrassing what he is doing to this program. He should be embarrassed himself but he is such a freaking narcissist and so tone deaf that he’s unfazed. Bragging about the NBA all-stars, the draft, and attacking fans while he destroys our program. I doubt Cal will read this, but PLEASE step down. If not for the sake of UK’s program but for your own legacy which you are ruining.

You really never know. No one wants what legacy they have completely destroyed. Cal if he isn’t careful could go from being one of the most loved to the most resented. I think he would negotiate a buyout that would be fair. The problem now is his arrogance and stubbornness of wanting to show the bennies who’s right.

You really never know. No one wants what legacy they have completely destroyed. Cal if he isn’t careful could go from being one of the most loved to the most resented. I think he would negotiate a buyout that would be fair. The problem now is his arrogance and stubbornness of wanting to show the bennies who’s right.
Hope you're right about agreeing on a buyout. I have trouble seeing it though as stubborn as Cal is.

He won't leave he likely won't even work with UK on a buyout. Boosters gotta cough up 33 mil to get him gone. Cal will require every penny paid before he leaves. I justchope the boosters an Barney will do what's needed
Didn't I see where the buyout could be paid in
6 million dollar increments? It's still 33 million but that should make it easier to deal with.

These are two things that will bring Cal down - Ego (stubborness) and 1AD. His ego won't allow him to adjust how he does things. He could make significant changes, greatly improving results which he is capable of if he wanted to, but he won't do it. To him, he's right and everyone else is wrong - at a psychopathic level. He's also a slave to his system that pits boys against men with rotations and playing time geared to prop up the 5 stars and their futures. Cal attempts to manage multiple priorities at the same time, many of which have nothing to do with winning games for UK. Shep and Dilly being better than expected and Edwards and Bradshaw well below expectations must have Cal in quite a pickle. One does have to wonder what he has to do these days to continue landing these classes. Based on these things its hard to see him lasting much longer.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine who is a big Cal supporter says he's concerned about Kenny getting fired at U of L and them hiring Calipari. I told him great. He can go be mediocre there.
Cal will never work again after UK. Performance here has killed any interest a major player may've at one time had in him and his ego won't allow him to take a step down the ladder

Cal will never work again after UK. Performance here has killed any interest a major player may've at one time had in him and his ego won't allow him to take a step down the ladder
He'll be cutting grass for Clarion...

BOh5qHm.jpeg

The only real hope is to catch him in breaking some kind of contract clause.

If I was an AD, and I really wanted to get rid of him, I would make him work his ass off on stupid little contractually obligated projects and appearances for the university.

That's exactly what I told him. Plus U of L has hired two ex UK coaches and it hasn't worked out well for them. It would be funny though to see the U of L fan reaction. I think they would probably riot.

No one on this board would quit their job if they got 5 years severance for being fired. No one. The only people saying they would are effing liars.

It's what I think about everytime I see someone say calipari should just resign and give away all that money moron Barney gifted him.

No one on this board would quit their job if they got 5 years severance for being fired. No one. The only people saying they would are effing liars.

It's what I think about everytime I see someone say calipari should just resign and give away all that money moron Barney gifted him.
I'd negotiate a buy-out before seeing my legacy go up in flames for a few million dollars

Cal with his odd lineups, Sat. He had Burks, Edwards and Ugo out there together after we just got the lead built. We shot the 3 well but only took 17. Cal will not embrace letting them run and gun, we should be shooting 30 3s a gane. It's our strength.

But Cal is stubborn and lost in the past. I mean he played Ugo 19 mins and got 3pts and a whopping 2 rebs. He played Edwards 29 mins and left Rob on the bench who was 2 of 3 from deep.

This team could do great things but it's a thin line and Cal is too much for them to overcome. It's pretty much like having them play with 1 arm tied behind their back with his coaching and subbing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT