ADVERTISEMENT

Cal leaves presser after 3 questions

Not defending Cal at all but that’s 2 more questions any coach could’ve took after blowing that game against a total crap team. So embarrassing. You have to win games like that, Period! Not defending Cal at all but you have to Sit Chin Choleman’s Ass down while the game is going on!
He's paid $9 million per year to coach the team, answer a few questions and take the heat.
He's in 0 for 3 territory right now.

We may not get as many 5 star players and it may take a couple of years to put together a contending team but I don't think we are a contending team at this point.

You do know those segments are like 3 minutes combined usually when they are on the road, broken up to a minute each and he can BS any of them regardless whether the hell it is before the writers or the radio with Leach.
I know Calipari isn't as worried about a tough question from a UK employee as he is about one from a SI writer with no interest in protecting him. It's pretty obvious Calipari deplores the media. How dare they question his ability!!!

I know Calipari isn't as worried about a tough question from a UK employee as he is about one from a SI writer with no interest in protecting him. It's pretty obvious Calipari deplores the media. How dare they question his ability!!!
I agree, he gets softball questions lobbed to him from Leach and the same for the call-in radio show. When he ducks and dodges the regular press conferences and people afraid to ask the tough questions in the real press conferences, it makes him untouchable and no one to hold him accountable.

One day, if we're blessed to see Cal fired soon, I want @ralphdaltonfan to spill every ounce of Crapipari's BS behind the scenes so we can confirm he's the clown we knew he was.
That would be my friend, not me. I just think he's an old coach who lost his fastball and thinks talking tough, hanging around the old "crew" who once helped him build his resume, would change things. I hoped it would. Recruiting has improved. The results aren't changing enough. At some point you run out of excuses.

So is it the money that allows him to keep his job? There’s at least 10 of these losses over the past 2 years that just can’t happen at Uk right?
Not just the money. Barnhart is lazy. If Cal leaves or gets fired, then he actually has to go on a coaching search. And it's not like football where he might be able to find an OC/DC from a bigger school to come for their first HC job, he would actually have to find a worthy replacement.
This is the same guy who hired the first guy he knew was going to say "yes", after Donovan had turned us down.

Not just the money. Barnhart is lazy. If Cal leaves or gets fired, then he actually has to go on a coaching search. And it's not like football where he might be able to find an OC/DC from a bigger school to come for their first HC job, he would actually have to find a worthy replacement.
This is the same guy who hired the first guy he knew was going to say "yes", after Donovan had turned us down.
If Mitch is still here when Cal is gone, we better have a committee involved in the next hiring and his boss better be involved with the contract details.

The entire presser was less than 5 minutes.

Of course, he mentioned our youth.

Well, Cal, you're doing it your way, with young elite players, and those players are not that good. You had a chance to load up in the portal, and you chose instead to wait it out and give guys like Livingston and Oscar time to make a decision while guys like Knecht went elsewhere.

Now, we're staring at deja vu for the third straight year.

Huh. I just got this weird feeling. That's a very weak excuse and it's quite obvious and I think he knows it and doesn't care.

If we flame out early Cal may just bail out.
I think so too. Leaving the interview was cowardly but I do think he cares about losing. His ego can’t handle it or the public scrutiny he’s getting.

I don't listen to him speak, and have chosen not to for the last 3-4 years. I change the channel/station when the mic is in front of him.

Didn't watch a second of the game last night, either. Textbook example of a trap game and Johnny Clam Chowdah is the absolute WORST coach in those situations. I'm done until March Madness when I expect to not see UK beyond round 2, possibly even round 1, as I spend hours watching well-coached, experienced teams (meaning, multiple years together) look like competent basketball teams.

This motherf*cker stole my joy.

Everytime Cal puffs out his chest we lose the very next game. Dude is so full of himself after we beat Auburn he went on to chastise the fans after he's just lost 3 of last 6 games all 3 at home.......... We then lose a game in which we led by like 15 sec half. What a buffoon. He's more concerned with beating "bennies" than besting opponents

He was furious with the refs throughout the game, and rightfully so. The second half they called a foul on us almost every time down the court for quite some time. They went after Reeves hard. Givens said that the first half they was not calling fouls on Reeves just getting through screens. But the second half they went after him hard for that. Got him out of the game and put them on the foul line numerous times. The foul on Sheppard, he did not even touch the guy. The foul on Dillingham was very nothing. The refs was the deciding factor in this one. Just flat out cheating refs and it was so obvious.

I didn’t listen. Did he say that the facilities, assistant coaches and players all sucked and that it was the least enjoyable season of his life?

As bad as it is to say that, only an emotional coach who deeply wants to win would say that nonsense. Cal would never care that much…

Neither is good, but I’d rather have that nonsense from Pitino (not pitino himself) than the BS from Cal. Indifference is FAR worse…

The sooner folks come around to the fact that he doesn’t care about winning or losing these games, the better they will be. We do this 10-12 times a season. He’s the ultimate double dipper. Gets paid $9 million to “coach” rakes in another $10 million or better in kickbacks for being a handler. That’s all he is, he’s not a coach, he’s a paid handler. On the way to 12 losses minimum for this team. Totally unacceptable and grounds to be fired for cause. If the AD doesn’t have the testicles to do it, then fire him first.

Then you really have your priorities all messed up. Good grief.
You’re supporting Cal’s undeniable destruction of our program and you think my priorities are messed up?

Let me guess, you hate Trump and all the great things he did because of his mean tweets right?

Cal’s indifference is FAR worse for a program than a coach going on an emotional rant because he can’t stand losing. One wants to right the ship and the other doesn’t give a crap.

I’d bet a TON of money Pitino has his program in better shape than UK under Cal within 3 to 5 years tops. Only problem is Cal won’t stay long enough to see that come to fruition.

I knew it would be some shady shit in his presser this clown is so damn predictable. Why does the school continue to let this shit go on…. I mean it’s about time for that $ to be found he’s making a total joke of the UK program while still getting his 9 million a year…

I don't really buy into the theory that he doesn't want to win. You notice he didn't have his pets on the floor for the last 20 seconds of last night's debacle because he knows they don't give him his best chance to win the game. The truth is, the game has passed him by and he's no longer capable of winning at a high level so his response to that is to move the goalposts....tell you that winning isn't his priority here. This of course just puts the rift between himself and the fanbase on blast, and should be grounds for termination if our AD had any balls. Trust me, he'd love nothing more than to have the East coast media blowhards fawning over his brilliant coaching.

L3tJEpN.jpeg

The entire presser was less than 5 minutes.

Of course, he mentioned our youth.

Well, Cal, you're doing it your way, with young elite players, and those players are not that good. You had a chance to load up in the portal, and you chose instead to wait it out and give guys like Livingston and Oscar time to make a decision while guys like Knecht went elsewhere.

Now, we're staring at deja vu for the third straight year.
He is definitely lining up the youth excuse for March.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT