ADVERTISEMENT

Cal leaves presser after 3 questions

So is it the money that allows him to keep his job? There’s at least 10 of these losses over the past 2 years that just can’t happen at Uk right?

Reactions: KFuqua
It's funny that when they lose, he doesn't show up or makes up some bs excuse, but when they win, he has all the time in the world to gloat about himself/the All-Stars/their "improvements." Clown.
Calipari is a piss ant. Just a freaking piss ant. He's got a holier than thou attitude with the courage of a potato chip facing a fat man.

He sure as hell wanted to run his mouth Saturday. Not rubbing in the All star game tonight huh?
He does realize doesn't he that he had zero to do with any player on those team's success? They were here for one year and none of them were close to the players that they have become.

The older he gets the better he was. I guess it's all that he has left.

• Love
Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
What, no SMART_SS comments about his trip to the NBA All-Star game???!!!!!!

Cal is such a JOKE!!!!

He NEVER lives up to all of his BS sayings!!!!

So, I guess Cal:
-Can "Hide" HIMSELF, but NOT his players at UK!!!
-His players have to "Hold each other accountable" but not HIMSELF!!!
-Wants his players to "Tune out the noise" but can't do it HIMSELF!!!
-He may "Love his team", but loves HIMSELF more!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOO SICK of Cal!!!!
-

His whole charade about going to the NBA game, and mouthing off about how important it was, was nothing less than a GIANT MIDDLE FINGER to the University of Kentucky and its fans. He is obsessed with the NBA, and has never gotten over being fired. When he came here to UK the ONLY THING that was on his mind was that he would finally have a way (recruiting resources) to get back at the NBA and show how important he is to that league. That's all he has ever looked at his position here as. I believe that he's going to make that much clearer upon his exit as coach here.

Only way he can win me back is if he punches a ref. Preferably Pat Adams or Joe Lindsay. Other than that…he can kick rocks.

• Haha
Reactions: blubo
Coaching aside….He really is a shit leader. And that’s something he actually use to be good at but now he has zero accountability and is the primary creator of the toxic command climate around the program at all levels. Thats bad leadership. When all the primary booster and the AD don’t want to interact with you and you have isolated yourself…it’s bad leadership.

That type of toxic leadership filters down to your subordinates (the team in this case) and rots institutions from the inside. Underperformance results.

This is all walks of life that require command structure. Not just sports
Well the entire University has bad leadership when it comes to dealing with Cal. Mitch needs to dictate more what Cal does with press conference, assistant coaches etc. The President is failing to hold Mitch accountable for Cal and the shit hire in women’s basketball and the Board is failing to hold any of them accountable.

His whole charade about going to the NBA game, and mouthing off about how important it was, was nothing less than a GIANT MIDDLE FINGER to the University of Kentucky and its fans. He is obsessed with the NBA, and has never gotten over being fired. When he came here to UK the ONLY THING that was on his mind was that he would finally have a way (recruiting resources) to get back at the NBA and show how important he is to that league. That's all he has ever looked at his position here as. I believe that he's going to make that much clearer upon his exit as coach here.
He doesn't realize that we don't care about the NBA All-Star guys as much as he thinks we do, and they probably don't care about UK as much as he thinks they do lmao.

He said we lost due to not winning 50/50 balls. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Uh, no, your substitution patterns in the second half put us in a spot not to succeed.
Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Reactions: colonelcat78
Just so you know, Leach is a UK employee. He isn't going to ask any tough questions or rock the boat either. He didn't do that with BCG and he certainly won't with Calipari. I like Tom but, he's a company man.
No shit Captain Obvious. Re-read the post, has nothing to do with your interpretation of it but simply said how long will he go in it.

Coaching aside….He really is a shit leader. And that’s something he actually use to be good at but now he has zero accountability and is the primary creator of the toxic command climate around the program at all levels. Thats bad leadership. When all the primary booster and the AD don’t want to interact with you and you have isolated yourself…it’s bad leadership.

That type of toxic leadership filters down to your subordinates (the team in this case) and rots institutions from the inside. Underperformance results.

This is all walks of life that require command structure. Not just sports
Nailed it.

This is my #1 issue and only reason I'm detached from everything. Winning/losing games happens. We've all watched the '21 season which was the worst thing I've ever seen regarding Kentucky Basketball. But we all were there each game and loss.

The problem is the chaos and shakiness around the program. He's behaving like a guy who is Bipolar far too often. I dread any "Swaggy Cal" appearance because nothing positive happens for the program be it recruiting or on the court. Ever. He's like the line in Blue Chips the dirty booster says about Nolte "Are you pissed off? Good. You coach better when you are pissed off". Pissed off and angry is the only version of Calipari that seems to produce. "Swaggy Cal" needs to be retired. You can't be swaggy when every slapdick team in the country wants to not just beat your ass-but calls their shot.

Name a recent season where Kentucky didn't have chaos/oddities? Injuries take place in sports-but at Kentucky it's "He's out with something--not sure when he's back" or "someone is out and haven't seen them". As a leader you simply state--"Tre is banged up-will miss some games". Rotations make 0 sense. Strategy changes--split 2 games against UF because he decided to NOT coach in the game at Rupp but did coach in Gainesville. His constant "focus on me, not the kids" is such a cornball dickhead line it's pathetic. That's where the shots are being taken Cal.

It's just not fun. Not fun to follow/watch/listen. I'm out on 1 of the 3 as I don't watch live games anymore when given time to do so. This was prove/move year. Kentucky fans can be labeled whatever the media wants to label them. Main thing is they deserve a HC who gives a **** about the program and understanding the unreal expectations and embracing it.

Not defending Cal at all but that’s 2 more questions any coach could’ve took after blowing that game against a total crap team. So embarrassing. You have to win games like that, Period! Not defending Cal at all but you have to Sit Chin Choleman’s Ass down while the game is going on!

Reactions: NociHTTP
No shit Captain Obvious. Re-read the post, has nothing to do with your interpretation of it but simply said how long will he go in it.
Uh, Mr. Critical Thinker...do you think Calipari is more likely to stay on longer with a guy who won't ask him any tough questions or a room full of sports writers who might?

Reactions: catben
Uh, Mr. Critical Thinker...do you think Calipari is more likely to stay on longer with a guy who won't ask him any tough questions or a room full of sports writers who might?
You do know those segments are like 3 minutes combined usually when they are on the road, broken up to a minute each and he can BS any of them regardless whether the hell it is before the writers or the radio with Leach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT