ADVERTISEMENT

Cal- "I told them that I failed them."

No one is saying he's a "quitter", but many are starting to wonder if he's just burned out on the annual routine of starting over. Quit? Not likely. Burned out and in a rut? More likely. Let's just hope he takes a long vacation this summer, regroups and comes back in the fall with a renewed fire.

Hell, he swore he'd never play zone, and look at this year! There is hope!
He isn't playing zone by design. He's playing it out of utter desperation.

I no longer make any negative comments (except effort) about the kids since I was proven wrong by the Twins their first year. It is obviously difficult for them to adapt so quickly and meet expectations.

What do you think this statement means to each of these kids at this point?

1. Whew! I thought it was me! I guess I am doing OK.

2. Man. Cal shouldn't be taking all the blame. I am playing like crap and need to get my butt in gear to salvage our season!

3. Yes you have. This is not what you promised when I signed up. I am busting my ass and we are still losing.
My family and network tell me this was a bad decision for my future as your system has held me back!
I'd say it's a mixture of all three .

This year’s team as well as Cal are broken. Maybe next year will be better but I don’t see it. Things can change quickly but our future looks shaky at this point.

I think Cal needs a change in recruiting strategy, and possibly a shake up in the staff. Would like to see an ex Kentucky player with a lot of heart and pride for the program. Also well known and relates well with today's young kids.

He isn't playing zone by design. He's playing it out of utter desperation.
Ok, so coach, recruit and retain players who aren't ready for the NBA out of utter desperation. Adjust his annual recruiting methods out of utter desperation. At this point, Cal should be looking at the bigger picture and what can be fixed so that he can have success every year.

I don't like Shai lazy passes and his inability to get the ball to other players he seems to do a lot of one-man shows. They need a guard that gets the ball to open shooters. That is mis-nomber because the players don't move.

Love the optimism, but at the end of the day they are still Auburn and we are Kentucky.

One team wanted it WAY more. It was obvious.

I don’t disagree but at the end of the day we’re the youngest team in the America. It’s definitely not a great product on the court. To play devils advocate though, February is not when you want to peak... and we sure don’t have to worry of that.

Win Saturday. Rupp needs to be loud. This is a must win game. Get in the tournament and let’s all start at 0-0

Reactions: BlueRunner11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT