ADVERTISEMENT

This recruiting class..

Apr 12, 2024
If everything shakes out and we land the potential roster possible.. has me feeling like I did watching Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, and Orton commit.

.. There are some really good players popping up suddenly that I'd prefer over high school talent these days.

Have a feeling this may be an insane class of vets.

Reactions: ukdaven
Trazarien White (He'd be great)
Deivon Smith (He'd be great)
Johnell Davis *prayers lol*
Otega Oweh (Unsure)
Great Osobalor (He'd be great)
Amari Williams (He'll be great)

All I said was I was excited about how it could shake out. I didn't compare the players to those guys, I said I had the same excitement. For the past 5 years I haven't been excited about a recruiting class regardless of player rankings.

This is the first time I've actually been like "what if" and excited about it.

All I said was I was excited about how it could shake out. I didn't compare the players to those guys, I said I had the same excitement. For the past 5 years I haven't been excited about a recruiting class regardless of player rankings.

This is the first time I've actually been like "what if" and excited about it.
Your post was fine.

Reactions: JASUN74
If you just go by great as in college great and what they do at college... yeah Jeff Sheppard, Wayne Turner, Gerald Fitch, Scott Padgett, Marquis Estill , Erik Daniels, etc etc were all great college players ...... but Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe were great in college too............ but were nba great after that. But yeah the guys we are after can put up stats and kill it against other colleges in the NCAA but they arent guys who are going to go on and have great nba careers... well most likely

.idk what that acronym even stands for lol.
I googled it. Wish I hadn't.
The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a pedophilia and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. It works to abolish age-of-consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors and campaigns for the release of men who have been jailed for sexual contacts ...

If you just go by great as in college great and what they do at college... yeah Jeff Sheppard, Wayne Turner, Gerald Fitch, Scott Padgett, Marquis Estill , Erik Daniels, etc etc were all great college players ...... but Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe were great in college too............ but were nba great after that. But yeah the guys we are after can put up stats and kill it against other colleges in the NCAA but they arent guys who are going to go on and have great nba careers... well most likely
Jeff Sheppard, Wayne Turner, Gerald Fitch, Scott Padgett, Marquis Estill , Erik Daniels, etc ...

That list could be very long ^

Exactly what I'd like to see and what we need.

So what was your name that got banned because obviously it didnt stop you
He was JoshAllenFan with a photo of the Bills Josh Allen. Once he got banned he created JoshAllenFan2 with the Jaguars Josh Allen thinking if he pretended to be a fan of a black player we wouldn't think he was racist.

I can’t imagine why you were banned. You’re being treated so unfairly.
@JoshAllenFan2 as he continually gets banned for clearly breaking rules.

giphy.gif

Have to remember before Cal UK was mostly a factory of COLLEGE GREAT players and didnt have as many NBA guys .. and we were the winningest program in history with 7 titles before Cal took over. You dont need a bunch of NBA dudes on your roster in college.
That's what I don't understand. The first poster commented about my statement not translating to the NBA and that isn't even relevant. Give me proven college vets with experience and 20 point scoring 5 assist guards, double double bigs, and we'll see what happens.

I rather have college greats than nba greats. That's why we are on this message board and not a G League or NBA board.

I
Don't see any players near Wall, Cousins, or Bledsoe. You're talking some of the best to ever wear the blue and white. And multiple time NBA all-stars.
Don't think he was saying they will be as talented. But I tend to agree with him on excitement.
I mean wall boogie and Bledsoe got us an elite 8. That's how great they were in college. 3 NCAA tournament wins could be achieved out of this portal group

That's what I don't understand. The first poster commented about my statement not translating to the NBA and that isn't even relevant. Give me proven college vets with experience and 20 point scoring 5 assist guards, double double bigs, and we'll see what happens.

I rather have college greats than nba greats. That's why we are on this message board and not a G League or NBA board.
I agree. Give me a team like 02-03 any year.

We get a few experienced all conference guards, a 45 % 3 point shooter, a defensive player of the year and a double double big or two, we'll see what happens. As long as there isn't chemistry issues etc, it'll bring back memories of the days before we compared uk success to nba success.

If everything shakes out and we land the potential roster possible.. has me feeling like I did watching Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, and Orton commit.

.. There are some really good players popping up suddenly that I'd prefer over high school talent these days.

Have a feeling this may be an insane class of vets.
I wouldn’t trade any kid in the portal for wall, cousins or bledsoe

But I get what you’re saying

Reactions: Fox2monk
I wouldn’t trade any kid in the portal for wall, cousins or bledsoe

But I get what you’re saying
Neither would I. Just have a little buzz I haven't had. I think there is going to be a surprising roster of proven talent put together and it reminds me of watching ballislife highlight videos of some of those players for some reason.

No so sure. I think this ends up being talent for tslent our worst since the Boston team. Whats intriguing is how Pope uses them.
Proven collegiate talent is different than hypothetical high school talent. I just think alot changes in players decision making and execution from 18 years old to 21 years old.

Agreed alot will come down to coaching and planning but that Boston roster I think 20-21 was terrible. I don't think we could duplicate that but who knows maybe we will or maybe we will be worse.

It sure is a coincidence that @BigTyrone first thought for making a joke was pedophilia. Says a lot about "big" Tyrone. It's probably only big to the elementary school kids he's showing it to
And your comment about "No that idiot tried to be funny. Black people are too stupid to be funny" says a lot about you. You should be banned again....permanently

Reactions: ukcatz12
Don't see any players near Wall, Cousins, or Bledsoe. You're talking some of the best to ever wear the blue and white. And multiple time NBA all-stars.
Yeah we aren’t getting anyone of that caliber but we want and need players who can win big in college again. That’s why we wanna snatch. Guys like Wall don’t last 2 years.

Yes, another of JVC'S three Allstars. ZERO FF.
I get the sentiment. But imagine if those guys had a real coach? You think any real HOF coach isn't going to the final four with those guys? I mean they did win 30+ games even with Cal on the sideline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT