ADVERTISEMENT

Cal has taken a lot from fans

Dontworryboutit23

All-American
Jan 4, 2022
No pre season tournaments, treats the regular season like it doesn’t matter, doesn’t give a crap about the SEC tourney, and let’s shit teams with a fraction of the talent beat him constantly in March. So anybody who defends him still, please tell me why Kentucky can’t live without him

No pre season tournaments, treats the regular season like it doesn’t matter, doesn’t give a crap about the SEC tourney, and let’s shit teams with a fraction of the talent beat him constantly in March. So anybody who defends him still, please tell me why Kentucky can’t live without him
At this point, there is no downside of losing Cal. I didn't buy into the dislike of Cal. I still don't dislike him. The most obvious and pure blatant move by him is not starting his best lineup. Never in any type of organized basketball where winning matters do you not start your best guards. He wouldn't last a week in the NBA with that mentality. Why is it accepted at the University! OF! Kentucky!?

Last edited:
At this point, there is no downside of losing Cal. I didn't buy into the dislike of Cal. I still don't dislike him. The most obvious and pure blatant move buy him is not starting his best lineup. Never in any type of organized basketball where winning matters do you not start your best guards. He wouldn't last a week in the NBA with that mentality. Why is it accepted at the University! OF! Kentucky!?
I don't understand why the UK media doesn't do their job and make him answer that question every single press conference. Come with stats to back it up so he looks like the moron he is for defending it.

I completely agree with OP; however you left one out. Cal has made it commonplace for teams of clearly lesser talent come into Rupp Arena and win. He has removed anything similar to an intimidating home court. Doing things like not starting your best players can accomplish things like that.

ST. Peters.

This team(led by their coach) has laid an egg every single time the hype for this team built.

Blowout Miami win- immediately lost at home to UNCW
Big Z debut and unstoppable offense against UGA- immediately got thumped by South Carolina
Shocking impressive performance at Auburn- immediately lost at LSU
Crowned a team that can win it all after winning at UT- immediately followed by tonight.

All year I’ve harped on the dumb decisions our guys make, both on offense and defense. In my opinion they haven’t played with the same level of focus after these big wins and that exacerbated their flaws especially on defense.

In my heart of hearts being completely honest, I wanted a loss this weekend to regroup the guys for the next tournament. But in no world did I want or think this loss was coming tonight. I did not think this team was good enough to win 14 straight.

These games will often come down to variance in officiating and three point shooting. They shot much better than normal and (without complaining) the officiating also skewed their way. We’ll need those levers to be much less in favor of our opposition to advance next tournament.

This team(led by their coach) has laid an egg every single time the hype for this team built.

Big Z debut and unstoppable offense against UGA- immediately got thumped by South Carolina
Crowned a team that can win it all after winning at UT- immediately followed by tonight.

All year I’ve harped on the dumb decisions our guys make, both on offense and defense. In my opinion they haven’t played with the same level of focus after these big wins and that exacerbated their flaws especially on defense.

In my heart of hearts being completely honest, I wanted a loss this weekend to regroup the guys for the next tournament. But in no world did I want or think this loss was coming tonight. I did not think this team was good enough to win 14 straight.

These games will often come down to variance in officiating and three point shooting. They shot much better than normal and (without complaining) the officiating also skewed their way. We’ll need those levers to be much less in favor of our opposition to advance next tournament.
Great post and actually gives me a bit of hope. Number nine back on the table

At this point, there is no downside of losing Cal. I didn't buy into the dislike of Cal. I still don't dislike him. The most obvious and pure blatant move buy him is not starting his best lineup. Never in any type of organized basketball where winning matters do you not start your best guards. He wouldn't last a week in the NBA with that mentality. Why is it accepted at the University! OF! Kentucky!?
Because we have an AD with a vagina.

This team can’t win 6 in a row. If they get four seed they’d be lucky to win 2 games. That’s my expectation. Max. We have zero post game on defense or offense. We basically have 3 players and their all guards

Cal deserves a ton of blame and heat for this. But the players should not be exempt. They were pathetic tonight and got beat down and embarassed by a crap team again.
Yes they do carry some of the blame but at this point in the season I believe they are doing exactly what they are coached to do. How could they still be making the same mistakes now that they were making in September if they were being coached. It is very apparent that they spend a minimal amount of time on defense in practice. They haven’t even fixed the defensive rotation. They don’t get in a defensive stance. That is why they get blown by so easily. You get in a defensive stance so you can react and change direction easier and quicker versus when you are standing flat footed and straight up. Most players are taught this in pee wee basketball so I have to think Cal is coaching them not to do this.

Especially their minds and mental stability.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I don't understand why the UK media doesn't do their job and make him answer that question every single press conference. Come with stats to back it up so he looks like the moron he is for defending it.
You don’t understand Cal’s ego. If the media starts pressing him, he’ll keep doing the same out of spite because guys like him can’t take criticism. He thinks anyone who questions him is stupid hence the “basketball Bennies” phrase. Been watching this team for fifty years and can’t think of any coach who comes close to how much I loathe this man. I hate arrogant people.

Because it is a big club and they have a good thing going on with the revenue that is being made. Yes Cal sucks as a coach but it is ok in many peoples eyes because the brand that comes with and the one and done and that appeals to casual fans.

You don’t understand Cal’s ego. If the media starts pressing him, he’ll keep doing the same out of spite because guys like him can’t take criticism. He thinks anyone who questions him is stupid hence the “basketball Bennies” phrase. Been watching this team for fifty years and can’t think of any coach who comes close to how much I loathe this man. I hate arrogant people.
Light is the best disinfectant. Gotta make him own his stupidity

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
I think Cal should have to run a gauntlet of UK fans in order to get to the plane/bus out of Nashville. And I think the fans should have bourbon bottles to beat his ass with.

Because we have an AD with a vagina.
2UXQwxO.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: cathead64 and Ugoff
C
cal has been given a free pass. He should have been canned after the COVID season no one has losing seasons at UK and survive except cal who must have dirt on Eli and Barney

This team can’t win 6 in a row. If they get four seed they’d be lucky to win 2 games. That’s my expectation. Max. We have zero post game on defense or offense. We basically have 3 players and their all guards
I would agree with a large portion of that. While we don’t have a post presence we do have an incredibly efficient bucket getter we can usually count on. He just got abused by foul calls tonight.

I always felt like Cal had his flaws as a coach (they all do) but It’s unbelievable how far we’ve fallen considering the recruiting classes and talent we have had. By now Cal should have realized that he’s the problem and needs to change. Coach K is one of the best all time, and he couldn’t win at the same level recruiting one and done players as he had in the past when he recruited with a more traditional approach. Idc how talented they are, it’s hard to take 18-19 year old kids and beat 23-24 year old men.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Don't forget he only schedules no-name cupcakes at home so the fans don't even really get to see many decent games in person outside of the SEC tournament.

Apparently only one week of the year matters to him and he can’t win that anymore so I agree. What’s there to cheer about? Apparently he don’t give a squat about winning anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT