ADVERTISEMENT

Cal had meeting with Humphries today

I hope IH stays the full four years. We saw yesterday he does have the ability and has progressed since last season. Getting him stronger will be key for his junior and senior years. But he has a chance to be an NBA player.
It would be in his favor to stay in school and bulk up. Showed yesterday that he can contribute and he just may be the key to next season, especially if we don't get Bamba.

Hopefully Hump stays, because he can be a solid contributor the next 2 years and provide some much needed upperclassmen leadership.

I know hump has said he is frustrated with the way he has played this yr but if he continues to grind he could be a very good player

I hope IH stays the full four years. We saw yesterday he does have the ability and has progressed since last season. Getting him stronger will be key for his junior and senior years. But he has a chance to be an NBA player.
We need four year players. Sounds like Cal might have figured that out. We aren't even in the regional final game without Willis and Hawk.

if he didnt elaborate my guess is Issac either told him he is weighing his options or leaving

Humphries situation seems to me like a win-win if he stays. He fills a niche that compliments our program and he has the upside to develop into a second round draft choice. I hope he and Calipari have the patience to let it play out.

Hump might have an option to go home and play professionally? Just a thought. It could have been that Cal meets all of the players individually after the season, it may have been Humps appointment first.

Reactions: AzubuikeandFitch
only turned 19 in january--ten months younger than gabriel. excellent rebounder on a per-minute basis both years here

i've always thought he was a good player

17553453_965908943539669_932433600831362201_n.jpg

NBA Scouts have always raved about the skill set he possesses coming away from the open practices Cal conducts before season tipoff. If he builds on that performance yesterday, stretching the floor with his shot then he could have a lot of suitors one day at the professional level. The game has evolved where big men need to be able to knock down a long range shot. Being 7 foot will give him opportunities professionally without a doubt. He has a lot of raw potential. Isaac needs an extended shot and I believe he reaches his potential.

Last edited:
It would be in his favor to stay in school and bulk up. Showed yesterday that he can contribute and he just may be the key to next season, especially if we don't get Bamba.
I think Hump lost weight from last year..?? Maybe lean muscle but not more bulky weight probably

No athleticism, can't jump, can't defend. Always be a role player here.

The pic covered my post.. Anyway, I was at the game and during shoot around Hump was draining jumpers at quite a clip. I told my Girl he was gonna be big against UNC.. So close to a W!!!

The kid's a gamer. Showed that last year at A&M and again yesterday. Can't believe he isn't ahead of Nick Richards at this point. Hope Cal wants to use him and told him as much.

Is his family in Australia? He may be ready for Australian pro ball but not the NBA. I think we will develop into 1st round draft pick if he stays with us. He needs consistent minutes and Kenny Payne tutelage.

One decent game all year. Gabriel had more than that. Mulder had more than that.

He didn't get much of a chance, unless Bam was in foul trouble. He would only play like 2 mins at a time. Since 1/31 his season high of mins was 9 until yesterday. Played 1 min against Alabama and 2 mins against NKU.

And we had posters dog cussing Hump before the tournament. Shameful.

Hump works hard. Never quits. Always improving. We'll be lucky to have him if he returns.

I thought he needed more minutes all year, but he got yanked after one mistake. The Hump I saw last night was the Hump I thought we would see all year.

Reactions: chevyman 50
One decent game all year. Gabriel had more than that. Mulder had more than that.
While I agree with what your saying Hump stepped up when it counted most under the biggest lights. As the stakes got higher toward the end of the season Gabriel folded. Mulder was a fine role player.

Hump should have been a freshman this year by his age. Although I think Gabriel has more upside I still think Hump can be a very good College player and a nice roll player in the NBA. Frank Kaminsky didn't start to really play until his junior season.

What we have always thought might be there we saw yesterday. A confident 7'0 260 lb with a mid range game/skill set that we have been lacking. Somebody who could easily take the pressure off of any big guy down on the low post by forcing the D to respect his mid range ability. We saw a kid who could be deadly in the Hi Lo game.

I hope Cal told him how important he was to next year's success.

Hump might have an option to go home and play professionally? Just a thought. It could have been that Cal meets all of the players individually after the season, it may have been Humps appointment first.

Cal did say today that he will be meeting with every player individually to discuss their future so you may be very correct about it being Hump's turn to meet. Have to begin with one of them so maybe Hump was up first and that's all it was.

I think we all can say that besides the 3 seniors we will lose Fox, Monk, and Bam. Then there is Briscoe, Gabriel, and Hump that are probably 50/50. We have heard with Hump that he might go home and play professional ball. Gabriel you would think would come back with how he was playing at end of season. Briscoe is not in 1st and 2nd round of the draft so you would think he would come back for his junior season. I hope these 3 return along with SKJ to blend along with the talented freshman class. I really wish that Willis and Hawkins were juniors and had 1 more season left at UK. Hawkins had improved so much and was getting around 25 minutes a game during the last month of the season.

i would like to see his role expanded frankly. last couple jumpshots he made came off the kind of stuff they ran for monk and murray. another summer and more minutes and he should be an excellent pick and pop shooter as a junior. if he stayed until he was a senior he would probably be making college 3s

also hit briscoe for a backdoor layup yesterday. always been pretty capable handling and passing

he sometimes looks like a chump in league play but look at south carolina punking everybody. not for the faint of heart in there

a lot of size coming in. team should be better defensively and worse offensively than last two years. he could help

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT