ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff drummond told larry glover that uk

Mitch be like...
money-gif-17.gif

We're going to end up with Bruce effing Pearl aren't we?
I would think he would be way down the list. I would rather take a gamble on a young coach than hire him. I feel like Barnhart would think the same, but you never know if things get desperate.

Last edited:
Reactions: JonathanW
CBS is quoting a source that they trust. It may very well be true. But I’ll wait until Hurley or his agent release a statement.

Reports last night were that Drew would be announced as HC this morning
I promise Matt Norlander did not post drew would be announced as HC this morning, last night. He knows.

it would not surprise me. Going to the pecking list- Oats is next. than Donovan,
watch to see if the plane goes to Tuscaloosa.

I promise Matt Norlander did not post drew would be announced as HC this morning, last night. He knows.
Didn’t say Norlander did. Just that there were multiple reputable reports. Hurley was always unlikely but until it’s from an official outlet and not “sources” then it’s not official. Yes, it’s likely that it’s accurate but not official.

CBS is quoting a source that they trust. It may very well be true. But I’ll wait until Hurley or his agent release a statement.

Reports last night were that Drew would be announced as HC this morning
I don’t think he is. Goodman has been adamant that he wouldn’t come 0% chance. Like he’s always talking about dudes wife and m she won’t let it happen.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I don’t think he is. Goodman has been adamant that he wouldn’t come 0% chance. Like he’s always talking about dudes wife and m she won’t let it happen.
It was never likely. I’m assuming it won’t happen. But until it comes from the horses mouth officially you never know. We’ve seen the “I’m not leaving, I’m committed to this university” only to be coaching somewhere else 2 weeks later a million times.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Jet is still on the ground where it flew to this morning
Yep. If the meeting happened hours ago and was a hard no and we were just getting delayed “negotiation” news then it wouldn’t still be there.

It will be back in the hour within an hour of business being completed either way.

Weather being the exception

Reactions: RunninRichie
It was never likely. I’m assuming it won’t happen. But until it comes from the horses mouth officially you never know. We’ve seen the “I’m not leaving, I’m committed to this university” only to be coaching somewhere else 2 weeks later a million times.
I feel you

Reactions: EliteBlue
We're going to end up with Bruce effing Pearl aren't we?
There are many worse hires out there. At least with Pearl he'd want the job and would have tons of energy thrown into it. Compliance issues would be a worry but with our really good compliance office I wouldn't be THAT bothered by it.

However, I think Pearl wants to make his son coach in waiting somewhere and that's not happening here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT