ADVERTISEMENT

Cal had meeting with Humphries today

While I agree with what your saying Hump stepped up when it counted most under the biggest lights. As the stakes got higher toward the end of the season Gabriel folded. Mulder was a fine role player.

Hump should have been a freshman this year by his age. Although I think Gabriel has more upside I still think Hump can be a very good College player and a nice roll player in the NBA. Frank Kaminsky didn't start to really play until his junior season.
True but I can out jump him. :)

Reactions: awf
He didn't get much of a chance, unless Bam was in foul trouble. He would only play like 2 mins at a time. Since 1/31 his season high of mins was 9 until yesterday. Played 1 min against Alabama and 2 mins against NKU.
correct. Wasn't good enough to get on the floor.

I know some love to hate on Hump.but his stats show he is better than what many of you think. And we all saw on Sunday what he can do. Now he just has to consistently do that (or more).

Humphries per 40min stats
FR yr: 8.2pt, 10.7reb, 3.0blk, 39% shooting, 73% at line
SO yr: 13.3pt, 13.5reb, 2.3blk, 51% shooting, 60% at line
The only better rebounder during the Cal years has been Cousins.

Hump might have an option to go home and play professionally? Just a thought. It could have been that Cal meets all of the players individually after the season, it may have been Humps appointment first.
I actually predict Hump will return home to Australia and play professionally. I'm not sure he feels comfortable taking the chance of being recruited over.
Based on some of Cal's recent comments about players being worried about incoming freshmen taking mins, I think he is referring to Humphries. Sure, he can stay and play a role on next yrs team but he may get limited minutes. This is especially true if we land Bamba.
I hope he stays but I have a gut feeling he heads home to play pro ball and tries to reach the NBA via internationally.

He defended the pick and roll nicely. Hump can be a very good player. Hope he stays..
He defended it nicely against UNC because they have a big slow guy like Kennedy Meeks. Not many of those guys around in game gme anymore, at least not in the NBA and high college level. There are still some of course, just not many.

I'd say he and Cal were honest and clear with each other. Issac knows his goals and dreams, and he also knows where he stands with the program.

I hope he decides that his best preparation is here against elite talent and on the big stage, but I can completely understand if he wants a featured role somewhere else or wants to play professionally somewhere now.

The good news is, both parties are probably okay no matter what, but I think both are also better off with him returning for next season.

Hump might have an option to go home and play professionally? Just a thought. It could have been that Cal meets all of the players individually after the season, it may have been Humps appointment first.
That is what I think as well. He could return to Aussie and play professionally. With foreign players that is always a risk.

I'll tell you one thing.. let's hope he didn't read this board anytime before 36 hours ago...

Wish it didn't take 12 points/5 boards for a lot of posters here to get behind him. I swear, that's gonna bite us in the ass someday.
How do you know that hasn't happened already?Talking positives and negatives about players is one thing but trashing players(as happens here sometimes) is quite another

If you remember Fox's comment in the video of him and Bam,he referenced people saying they didn't care and does this look like a locker room that doesn't care.

It probably has to be honest.. or someone at least informed them.

Hump has been shitted on the last 2 seasons. TBH, I'm not sure we deserve him to come back. Hoping he does.. but more so hoping our fanbase is a little more supportive, especially on nights he may be struggling, if he does come back.

Some players just take more time..

Reactions: Cowtown Cat and awf
I bet he goes to China. I heard a rumor that he loves Chinese food so it just makes sense that he would play his professional ball in China. Just think he might be the tallest Chinese guy in China. Hee Haw. Funny Stuff.

Refs. were terrible in the first half against UK. The game was called even in the 2nd half. Our boys missed so many shots, I'm was surprised that we were ahead at half. The team played the best defense they could against all those giants. Humphries came through and almost won the game for us. Monk finally caught fire. Fox played great. Bamba mishandled the ball numerous times. I would like to know how many times Fox and Bamba got fouled numerous times with the ref’s right in front of them and nothing was called. We had the game won with 5 up. Don't know if the kids had a mental lapse or if they just freaked out. Out of nowhere comes this big guy killing us with 3's and he won the game for UNC. We had it. We lost it. I love our team and Cal. Great Year. Cannot wait until next year rolls around. I had my time to mourn the loss. Let’s move on BBN. I'm pulling for Gonzaga you pull for whoever you like.

Hump may want to go the Wiltjer route to get more playing at a school that doesn't recruit 5 stars every year. Can't blame if that's the case.

Gonzaga would be an idea program for his skill set. Worked out great for Kyle.

No athleticism, can't jump, can't defend. Always be a role player here.

Two more years could make a difference. It won't change his athleticism, but it will change his decision making and the way he uses his body in games. That's significant, even for an expert arm-chair coach such as yourself.

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
Come on back Hump! You showed in the Carolina game how valuable of a player you can be and we'll need ya next year!

most important game of the year, time Cal choose to give Hump his biggest minutes, and Gabriel his least. And a main reason we stayed in the game. SMDH if Cal can't promise Hump > 22 mpg as a junior.

Hump still has great upside ,hope he comes back next yr, gives us a little experience we will be needing..

We need four year players. Sounds like Cal might have figured that out. We aren't even in the regional final game without Willis and Hawk.

We don't make the FF in 2014 and 2015 without a freshmen and sophomore Marcus Lee. What's your point again?

Two more years could make a difference. It won't change his athleticism, but it will change his decision making and the way he uses his body in games. That's significant, even for an expert arm-chair coach such as yourself.
Maybe but no guarantees. If he continues to come along slowly and we are set on bigs, he will ride the pine. Even an arm chair coach like you can understand that right?

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I hope he comes back. Hell...we have the open spots if everyone else is gone as expected. Who else will fill his scholarship

I hope he comes back. Hell...we have the open spots if everyone else is gone as expected. Who else will fill his scholarship
Agree + he is a bright kid and represents the program well.Humphries an asset to our program.Hope he decides to stay.

I hope he stays. He may always be a backup, but I think as a junior/senior he can give this team quality minutes. He has shown he can hit the midrange jumper. He needs to get more adept at scoring in the post. He's pretty good at banging in the post and fighting for rebounds. Not going to block a ton of shots, but he's a guy you can feel comfortable having on the floor.

Here's what Cal needs to do. Find the some of the best in-state players that maybe arn't going to be one or two-and-done players who want to play for UK for four years and be role players and maybe have a chance at the league by the time they are seniors. More guys are going to stick out 4 years if they are kentucky-born kids.

I very much hope Humphries stays. I think he can easily be a 12/8 guy, if not better.
However, I must say that I can see him fitting very nicely into what Gonzaga does.
In my opinion, especially late in the season, Gabriel received minutes that Humphries should've had. Playing Bam and Humph together was an option we didn't use enough.

I very much hope Humphries stays. I think he can easily be a 12/8 guy, if not better.
However, I must say that I can see him fitting very nicely into what Gonzaga does.
In my opinion, especially late in the season, Gabriel received minutes that Humphries should've had. Playing Bam and Humph together was an option we didn't use enough.
He won't go to another school,he will stay or go back home to play professionally there

ADVERTISEMENT