ADVERTISEMENT

My last-ditch hope from today’s Cal / Barnhart meeting

Imafan4evr_

Junior
Jul 31, 2004
It feels like a 99.99% chance that Cal is back at this point. Matt Jones did allude to the idea that Cal may not exactly love some of the directives coming his way when the meeting with Barnhart does go down.

My last grasp at hope: Cal, in all his snake-oil ways, was simply using last night’s show to set himself up as a victim of some perceived overreach by Barnhart. “See, folks… I’ve done my best and was prepared to make changes, but they just didn’t line up with those in charge.” Cal outfoxes Barnhart to look like the good guy nationally, the scapegoat that wasn’t given his fair chance to change.

A long shot, of course. But to quote the mastermind that is Lloyd Christmas when told his chances were one in a million, “…so you’re telling me there’s a chance?”

A long shot, of course. But to quote the mastermind that is Lloyd Christmas when told his chances were one in a million, “…so you’re telling me there’s a chance?”
Ha! I'm curious to see what happens. Maybe it's me, but I can't see the boosters and VIPs being thrilled with what they heard last night. Hope Barnhart got an earful from the ones he listens to.

Ha! I'm curious to see what happens. Maybe it's me, but I can't see the boosters and VIPs being thrilled with what they heard last night. Hope Barnhart got an earful from the ones he listens to.
The most interesting point to me regarding the radio show appearance: per Jones on his Twitter Spaces stream last night, the athletic department DIDN’T want Calipari to do it before their meeting with him. If that’s the case, I have to think (or maybe pray) that Barnhart was sitting somewhere absolutely boiling as he listened in.

Last edited:
The most interesting point to me regarding the radio show appearance: per Jones on his Twitter Space stream last night, the athletic department DIDN’T want Calipari to do it before their meeting with him. If that’s the case, I have to think (or maybe pray) that Barnhart was sitting somewhere absolutely boiling as he listened in.
👍 👍

It feels like a 99.99% chance that Cal is back at this point. Matt Jones did allude to the idea that Cal may not exactly love some of the directives coming his way when the meeting with Barnhart does go down.

My last grasp at hope: Cal, in all his snake-oil ways, was simply using last night’s show to set himself up as a victim of some perceived overreach by Barnhart. “See, folks… I’ve done my best and was prepared to make changes, but they just didn’t line up with those in charge.” Cal outfoxes Barnhart to look like the good guy nationally, the scapegoat that wasn’t given his fair chance to change.

I could see this on Cals part for sure OR he was being sugary sweet just to try to get some fans back on board which seems to have worked with some already.

I could see this on Cals part for sure OR he was being sugary sweet just to try to get some fans back on board which seems to have worked with some already.
Some fans are just so gullible I swear they let him just be so smooth talking to them. I haven’t fell for that $hit ever he’s such a bull$hitter everything that comes out of his mouth is all lies! He needs to go now so we can move on and get back to being UK basketball!

Reactions: BlueRunner11
The most interesting point to me regarding the radio show appearance: per Jones on his Twitter Spaces stream last night, the athletic department DIDN’T want Calipari to do it before their meeting with him. If that’s the case, I have to think (or maybe pray) that Barnhart was sitting somewhere absolutely boiling as he listened in.
They didnt want him to do the show until after their meeting? This doesn't make alot of sense to me. They knew the last radio show of the year was scheduled for last night. It's not like they would have postponed the radio show until they had their talks...
However, if they didn't want him to do it, and he did it anyways, that bodes well for ppl who want him gone, because yeah I'm sure that pissed ole Mitch off. But think about it, it would've looked worse on Cal if he didn't do the show. Would've only increased speculation that he gone, and would've put more pressure on Mitch to finally comment on the situation.

Reactions: Imafan4evr_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT