ADVERTISEMENT

Cal fumbling with line ups going into February

ukjenning44

Junior
Nov 21, 2022
He has become notorious for this. I don’t know of any other coach who does this. Is it because he concentrates on his 5 stars draft pick status? I believe it is.
Any other coach starts their best 5 then brings the others off the bench in order of how good they are.

He has become notorious for this. I don’t know of any other coach who does this. Is it because he concentrates on his 5 stars draft pick status? I believe it is.
Any other coach starts their best 5 then brings the others off the bench in order of how good they are.
Had we had a full lineup since day 1 it wouldn't be happening. Bradshaw has been back for 12 Games, Big Z for 3, Ugo for 10 and Thiero finally back. Injuries and the NCAA are the reason we don't have a solid rotation yet. Not that hard to figure out. Cal has been here for a decade and a half and he has always had a set rotation by February, this season is an outlier due to circumstances. Anyone with out an agenda can see that.

Clear as day, JE and AB should be the odd men out. They give us nothing. I know AB has looked decent in a few games, but he looks lost. Doesn’t impact the game whatsoever on either side. JE hasn’t done jack shit all season.

This. I don’t care what the rotation is, just as long as these two are firmly planted on the bench unless there’s major foul trouble. Addition by subtraction as far as I’m concerned.

Had we had a full lineup since day 1 it wouldn't be happening. Bradshaw has been back for 12 Games, Big Z for 3, Ugo for 10 and Thiero finally back. Injuries and the NCAA are the reason we don't have a solid rotation yet. Not that hard to figure out. Cal has been here for a decade and a half and he has always had a set rotation by February, this season is an outlier due to circumstances. Anyone with out an agenda can see that.
Yep, this. I give Cal hell, but we haven’t had a full roster one game this season. The NCAA fvcked us on Big Z.

If Edwards had the same amount of stars by his name as Burkes and Hart, he would be parked down on the bench next to them. Yet he’s started every game.

He didn't start yesterday. I get your whole thing is to be as negative as possible but at least get the facts right.

And dude you must have a crappy life as miserable as you are about a game.

If by notorious you mean good then yes, he’s notorious for figuring it out on the fly.

And he always gets it right.

If he were to just stick with one line up cone hell or high water then you would be whining that he won’t adapt.

You are notorious for whining about everything.

I get it you’re unhappy because your Razorbacks lost.

Or more precisely, you’re unhappy because UK won.

Cal is doing exactly what he should be doing and letting the play of the players determine who should play.

You can continue to perpetrate the lie of playing time decided on promises supposedly made. But it’s still a lie.

If by notorious you mean good then yes, he’s notorious for figuring it out on the fly.

If he were to just stick with one line up cone hell or high water then you would be whining that he won’t adapt.

Cal is doing exactly what he should be doing and letting the play of the players determine who should play.

You can continue to perpetrate the lie of playing time decided on promises supposedly made. But it’s still a lie.
Yeah...a combined 10 NCAA tourney wins since we lost to wisconsin is great! Why complain? [laughing]

It’s quite clear Cal is compromised by someone - just like a politician- no way you can keeping trotting Edwards or Bradshaw out there expecting different results
Thiero played 12 minutes and grabbed 6 boards
X played 2 grabbed 2
Those guys should get run before the other 2 do

I’m so glad your hero likes Antonio Reeves more than you do.

Cal battling who he's 'supposed' to play vs who he 'should' play. Has to pick the priority; players first vs Kentucky winning (aka: his job and legacy). Do what you're paid for, coach. The rest will take care of itself.
You look like a complete idiot saying this after last night. Look who actually played the most.

Reactions: Graham51
You look like a complete idiot saying this after last night. Look who actually played the most.
Really? Cause most of us had last night's second half roster management figured out before January 27th. I was pleased with a tough W and better roster management last night. Was refreshing, especially after last games roster management.

Makes me wonder why guys like Reeves, Thiero and Mitchell start.
Thiero is absolutely NBA material. And Cal doesn’t do it with every player. He just picks one or two 5 stars every season and is determined to play them to the detriment of the team.
The 3 and 4 stars absolutely don’t have the long leash like 5 stars do. Burkes may have been a solid contributor by now if he had been given Edward’s leash.

If I’m Cal I go limited one and done to the elite of the elite only. Otherwise I’m looking for kids that have worked themselves to be NBA ready and need to be elevated for a season or two.

I made a thread about this last week when Thiero wasn’t available. Shep has to be the starting and finishing PG. Dillingham does everything (and more) that Wagner can do, but way better. Reeves is Reeves, when he’s doing Reeves’ things!

Mitchell has to be on the floor as much as possible. Yes, he makes dumb mistakes, but his good greatly outweighs his bad. Which brings us to the final starting spot.

For me, Bradshaw is not in the conversation. Personally, if you want to talk about a player UK needs to get going, I’m going with Thiero. If Ugo starts, which I’m cool with, you take the risk of him getting an early dumb foul. Same with Z (for now).

Reactions: ala_kat2
That’s a little misleading, since we had a good team in a year without a tournament.
Seriously? You're still playing the covid card? That's a weak ass hand...who won it that year? [laughing]

What about the other seven years? I'll wait.

7vJpzOX.png

Last edited:
It’s quite clear Cal is compromised by someone - just like a politician- no way you can keeping trotting Edwards or Bradshaw out there expecting different results
Thiero played 12 minutes and grabbed 6 boards
X played 2 grabbed 2
Those guys should get run before the other 2 do
Thiero got 3 or 4 of those rebounds on one play where he kept missing around the basket. I guess context doesn’t matter when you have an agenda.

What he does from here on out will determine how far this team can go.

Shep
Dillingham
Reeves
Mitchell
Ugo

That’s the best 5 right there, with a lot of great weapons to rotate in off the bench
The dilemma is our top three ranked recruits are not as good as advertised. We don’t have the team we thought we were going to have. Some posters warned our early success was fool’s gold. We have a good team but it’s not as good or as deep as we thought

This is an honest question as I know you hate Cal with a passion. If you had to choose between these 2, which would you choose as the ending to this year:

1. Kentucky flounders in the tournament first weekend and Cal is sent packing.

2. Kentucky wins the national championship and Cal stays through his contract.

If you had to pick 1 of those scenarios, which would it be?

How many other schools lineups do you study? Posts like these are so freaking stupid. Every coach messes with things if/when needed.

Cal gets bashed for being “too stubborn” “never adjusting” and now also gets bashed when he decides to adjust and make a change.

It’s so ridiculous. This fanbase loves to act like clowns all the time.

Reactions: Graham51
Yep I want a core 5 of Shep, Dilly, Reeves, Tre and Ugo.

Thiero and BigZ off the bench for 20 minutes or more, and also can be started if they are better suited for our opponent that night.

Bradshaw, DJ and Edwards can be capped at 10mpg until they prove otherwise. DJ might be the controversial one here, but I don't think he makes us better playing the point. Our plus/minus was much better with Shep at the point to end the game.

I'm hoping Cal finally says "look I gave you guys the chances, but for now, we need you coming off the bench"

If I’m Cal I go limited one and done to the elite of the elite only. Otherwise I’m looking for kids that have worked themselves to be NBA ready and need to be elevated for a season or two.
As clear as it can get with the new realities of NIL and portal but I think Cal is too enamored with the NBA star element that he is associated with.

Watching Knecht, Shannon, DJones and others tear it up at SF while JE looks lost is painful.

As clear as it can get with the new realities of NIL and portal but I think Cal is too enamored with the NBA star element that he is associated with.

Watching Knecht, Shannon, DJones and others tear it up at SF while JE looks lost is painful.
EVERY coach in the country would have taken Edwards over all those guys one year ago. Stop playing revisionist history. It’s silly.

This is an honest question as I know you hate Cal with a passion. If you had to choose between these 2, which would you choose as the ending to this year:

1. Kentucky flounders in the tournament first weekend and Cal is sent packing.

2. Kentucky wins the national championship and Cal stays through his contract.

If you had to pick 1 of those scenarios, which would it be?
Kentucky wins the National Championship and Cal stays through his contract. It’s not even close.
I put KY basketball over Cal unlike some
fans.
That’s why I dislike Cal because he has let our once great program slip. If he was still winning I would have no issue with him.
I actually wanted him all the way back when Pitino left and was glad when he was hired in 2009.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT