ADVERTISEMENT

Cal coached this team to a win today

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
He deserves big props today for his second half adjustments. It took a long time to break through to get the lead but this was a game we needed to grind out. I know people don’t like that style but you have to be able to play multiple styles to win in March. Cal put the team in a position to show another dimension and they seemed to get it. Read the game and adjust. Cal gets an A+ today

Great coaching today. Our shots weren’t falling and we still went on the road and beat a quality opponent. No player had a monster game. At some point ya’ll have to give Cal some credit.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I'm happy to get a grity win. Absolutely! And he did do some second half things well. But Cal doesn't get an A+ today. In the first half, he did revert back to slow down feed the post. And he stayed with Rob instead of Reed when Florida went on an extended run. Cal wasn't terrible, and his second half was much better. Happy for the win!.

He deserves big props today for his second half adjustments. It took a long time to break through to get the lead but this was a game we needed to grind out. I know people don’t like that style but you have to be able to play multiple styles to win in March. Cal put the team in a position to show another dimension and they seemed to get it. Read the game and adjust. Cal gets an A+ today
What were the adjustments you saw specifically?

• Haha
Did you get hacked?

Running effective plays to get Reed the ball when Florida had to foul was quality coaching.

What were the adjustments you saw specifically?
First half was wide open. Our perimeter defense was terrible defensive rebounding awful and or perimeter defense weak. Second half we locked down the perimeter defense and forced UF to beat us inside. Idk the difference in stats but my eye test and the score reflect florida being locked down defensively. On the offensive end we didn’t force shots. When the fast break was there we took it but didn’t try to force shots. We missed alot of gimmes in the second too. Then there’s rebounding. Florida was jacking 3s and getting long rebounds in the first half. Our defensive rebounding tightened up and I don’t recall an offensive rebound by UF in the second then shredding us to the basket it may have happened early in the half but not down the stretch. It happened too many times on the first

I don’t know where to find a box score by half but florida score 38 in the second half. 6 or 8 of those were in desperation time when we were up 4 and just needed fts to ice it so the last min or so. Garbage foul and that clown driving to the bucket 3x once being fouled by Reeves. Seriously our defense was in lock down mode in the second half. We gave up 30 legit points in the second half?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT