ADVERTISEMENT

I’m so tired

This is also why I hope we play Friday/Sunday games vs Thurs/Saturday games in the tournament lol.
If we play Friday night, then i'll have seen like half the games before checking out LOL.

Reactions: WeWant9
Of having a team good enough to compete and Cal blowing it every single year. We can’t win the SEC, we can’t even win a tournament game anymore. It’s a freaking joke. Best time of the year and I can’t even enjoy it. I don’t even wanna watch some great games today thinking about it. Every year I fill out a bracket and think we can get an elite 8, especially with recent draws. Not this year. First year I’ll have us out in the first weekend. I have 0 faith in Cal now.
Dude you just convinced me to quit crapping on Cal just before the SEC flop. Is it open season on Saggy Cal again? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
This wk and the next 2-3 should be the best time as a basketball fan, but when we lose out I just lose interest in the game. The hs sweet 16 happening as well, but us continuing to flame out with a talented roster just drags me down. I wish I didn’t care like cal but I can’t, I’d be willing to spend to travel and watch the team but I’m not dropping that $$$ for us to lose early in Nashville or the ncaa. It’s a sad state where most uk fans are nowadays, definitely feel the best days are behind us with Cal.
Cal has took the fun and excitement out of the game. He hates Big Blue Madness, He hates preseason tournament's. He hates the SEC tournament. It’s just pathetic that our fan base is stuck with him as the coach.

Sad. It’s got to suck for kids right now. I’m lucky I grew up with the 96 and 98 titles. These kids can’t even see a SECT title.
Yep and Im grateful my dad didn't force me to be a Minnesota Gopher fan during that period. 90's UK basketball is a drug that has never left my system.

Dude you just convinced me to quit crapping on Cal just before the SEC flop. Is it open season on Saggy Cal again? 🤣
I really wanted to be positive man but damn. I’m just being honest. I am pissed off. I’m still gonna watch and root for them but ugh. I figured we would win one game at least. Then it turns again into the same story.

Of having a team good enough to compete and Cal blowing it every single year. We can’t win the SEC, we can’t even win a tournament game anymore. It’s a freaking joke. Best time of the year and I can’t even enjoy it. I don’t even wanna watch some great games today thinking about it. Every year I fill out a bracket and think we can get an elite 8, especially with recent draws. Not this year. First year I’ll have us out in the first weekend. I have 0 faith in Cal now.
I stopped filling out brackets years ago. Too stressful and I couldn't enjoy any games because they each had a "weight" on them. Now I can' even enjoy the damn tourney because of how we've been. Sucks. I'm right there with you brother.

Haven’t made it past the first weekend since 2019. 🤬 No reason to think we’re going any deeper this time with the defense we have and a coach unable or unwilling to make adjustments.
That’s my thinking, I’m still gonna support them but it feels like it’s inevitable. Jokes one me if I think any different. That’s what it feels like. Why would it change after 2018.

I stopped filling out brackets years ago. Too stressful and I couldn't enjoy any games because they each had a "weight" on them. Now I can' even enjoy the damn tourney because of how we've been. Sucks. I'm right there with you brother.
I just like trying to get as many teams right as I can. My homerism and Cal has made it to where they always ruin my bracket. So I’ll take the risk adverse route this year.

I just like trying to get as many teams right as I can. My homerism and Cal has made it to where they always ruin my bracket. So I’ll take the risk adverse route this year.
I get it. I liked doing that too. It just got the point though I was sweating out every game to be perfect. I wasn't enjoying it anymore. so I stopped. I still fill out a bracket as it goes though, as it keeps me interested in the tourney I haven't finished filling one out in several years do to our crapfest of a postseason the past half-decade.

I'm not looking forward to this summer for real now. Gonna be hot in more ways than one.

Incredibly disappointing. I was livid last night...probably moreso than I've been since EE in '17. Team was awful, Cal's decisions were awful, officials were awful.

It is a bit of whining on our part as this is just basketball...but it did totally sour my weekend too. I was ready for games all weekend, selection Sunday, opening weekend for all 3 of my boy's soccer leagues...pissed now. Wife is sick, daughter is sick and there is no basketball.

Now realizing we have potentially no more than 1-2 games with this group it is just depressing. This team has been fun but fun just isn't enough.

It will be an abject failure if Calipari has this group home and out by next weekend. Anything short of a serious run and someone needs to step up and push him out.
That’s exactly how I feel man. I really enjoy this team overall. Just sucks to feel like they are handicapped but too much. Part their own fault because they don’t defend. Part coaching, and add the refs on top. It feels impossible.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
I take my boys to a game or 2 at rupp for the last couple years but that’s it, they’re wanting to go to Nashville for the SEC but I just can’t bring myself to spend that kind of money when we can’t win 1 game is what I tell them. It’s just painful to see where we are as Uk fans, we finally got 10 loss tubby out of here cause he pretty much quit and wouldn’t make staff changes but now 10 losses are the norm with Cal. Not sure who the answer is, but I do know that I have no faith in Mitch making the next hire whenever that is.
I feel you man, I’ve heard fans on here saying it cost them over 5K to fly and get tickets and stuff. I’d be livid. Cal saying he doesn’t care shows and it’s insulting to those who travel so well and want to support our team.

I get it. I liked doing that too. It just got the point though I was sweating out every game to be perfect. I wasn't enjoying it anymore. so I stopped. I still fill out a bracket as it goes though, as it keeps me interested in the tourney I haven't finished filling one out in several years do to our crapfest of a postseason the past half-decade.

I'm not looking forward to this summer for real now. Gonna be hot in more ways than one.
Yeah I understand, I do a bracket with my wife for bragging rights and one with my friend for who’s buying lunch so it’s not bad even if I lose.

I'm always shocked that people can even watch other games. When we lose in the conference tournament, I'm out. Same for the NCAA.
I'm the exact opposite. Doesn't matter if UK loses, I'm still watching every single game of the tournament. It's the best sporting event in the country to me and there's nothing that can ruin it. Even after we lost to St. Peter's (and I live 20 minutes from their campus so I saw that Peacock logo a lot for the next week) I didn't stop watching. Once we're out I'll always just be rooting for chaos and hoping a new team can win it all.

I'm with you. It's depressing to not be able to enjoy the sport we all love all because of Calipari. Can't watch the other games because it just stings wishing it could be UK. Literally nothing to get excited for. In a way, kind of glad to be getting this feeling out of the way now so when they inevitably fall early in the NCAA Tournament, won't be any shock to us. No matter how talented an individual player is anymore, they cannot hide CCC's shortcomings as a head coach.

I'm the exact opposite. Doesn't matter if UK loses, I'm still watching every single game of the tournament. It's the best sporting event in the country to me and there's nothing that can ruin it. Even after we lost to St. Peter's (and I live 20 minutes from their campus so I saw that Peacock logo a lot for the next week) I didn't stop watching. Once we're out I'll always just be rooting for chaos and hoping a new team can win it all.
I can the next weekend a little more but for a good week I’m just done.

Reactions: bbncal02
This will be the year we get to that elite eight and a lot of people will be happy. Cal has shown in recent years to win when unexpected. I wouldn’t be surprised if we made an elite eight run and lost to a lower seed for the final four tbh. It’s how cal does. His teams play to their competition.

Cal is a walking gut punch.
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

That’s exactly how I feel man. I really enjoy this team overall. Just sucks to feel like they are handicapped but too much. Part their own fault because they don’t defend. Part coaching, and add the refs on top. It feels impossible.

Agree.

Our soccer went well today which really improved my mood.

Oldest son (11) is a center back and played awesome today. Team won 9-1 and he had two assists. He was in full shut down mode.

Middle kid had two goals in a 2-2 tie. Despite having to be carried off the field once and taking a soccer ball to the face another time.

Our 5 year old scored 3 goals in his game.

Last edited:
Agree.

Out soccer went well today which really improved my mood.

Oldest son (11) is a center back and played awesome today. Team won 9-1 and he had two assists. He was in full shit down mode.

Middle kid had two goals in a 2-2 tie. Despite having to be carried off the field once and taking a soccer ball to the face another time.

That’s awesome! My girl is 16, she is totally a different little Sh@thead than she used to be lol. I guess all teens can get that way sometimes though. I’m glad they did well and made the weekend better.

Agree.

Out soccer went well today which really improved my mood.

Oldest son (11) is a center back and played awesome today. Team won 9-1 and he had two assists. He was in full shit down mode.

Loved when my daughter played soccer she was freaking awesome. She was 2nd in goal scoring in the state of Kentucky as freshman quite a few years ago until she broke her foot at Disney World Wide of Sports. Then her career kind of went down from there. On top of that I loved coaching soccer I freaking miss it!!! Glad to hear your kids had awesome games congratulations hope they stick with it and play it for years to come!

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Loved when my daughter played soccer she was freaking awesome. She was 2nd in goal scoring in the state of Kentucky as freshman quite a few years ago until she broke her foot at Disney World Wide of Sports. Then her career kind of went down from there. On top of that I loved coaching soccer I freaking miss it!!! Glad to hear your kids had awesome games congratulations hope they stick with it and play it for years to come!

Sorry to hear that about your daughter. Injuries are tough at a young age. I broke my left wrist- growth plate during freshman year of high school and still bothers me to this day.

Bro the week of the SEC Tournament and selection Sunday are my favorite time of year and once again I feel absolutely gutted. 1 win in 5 years. Had at least a two day setup to watch the games and I knew better. This one literally checked me out of the season. We've got 1, maybe 2 games if we're extremely lucky. Should never feel this as a Kentucky fan. I thought my 82 year old father was gonna stroke out during the game and he's bed ridden for a couple years now. He has aphasia but I could clearly tell the cuss words coming out. I'm not even going to watch the tournament. It's taken me way to long but I want Cal gone yesterday. I'd been that way but I loved this team and cut him a little slack. WTF was I thinking? Good post @Fox2monk.

You have summed up my feelings perfectly. This is a really accurate post.

Same here, I absolutely dread it now. This month used to be my favorite of the year by far!!!!!! After being burned so many times and watching so much talent come thru, only to be mismanaged, I don't look forward to March anymore. 2015 broke me, and I lost most of my faith in Cal. If you can't win a title with that roster, then you're not winning another. That's when I knew he was a sham for a coach and simply a recruiter.

2017 came along, and I had hope that the talent would outweighCal's ineptness. Then the rooferie happened........ that's literally the last time I felt we had a chance at winning it all.

Then this year happened. And once again I felt we had more than enough talent and depth to win despite Cal. Early in the year he stayed out of the way and let them play, it was absolutely electric. Although not strong defensively there wasn't a team in the country that could keep up with them, hell even then they were more aggressive on defense by playing the passing lanes for steals. Once the 7 footers came back it all fell apart, we stopped playing the passing lane except Reed. It's like Cal told them to stay in front and rely on the bigs to block shots don't gamble now look at our defense it's just that. The offense bogged down a bit the bigs clogged the lane and the ball movement we once had stopped. We went to floppy action, throwing to the post and iso plays. We stopped sharing the ball and running the offense at a higher pace like earlier in the year. Go back and watch it's night and day despite still putting up good numbers. This team had an identity earlier this year and embraced it, not so much now.
With Cals totally f*cked up line ups, starting line ups that dig us holes nearly every game, and continuing to give minutes to guys struggling he's put his agenda over the betterment of the team. He's gonna play his guys no matter how it hurts the team, he's gonna run his style of play to detriment of the team. He's going to refuse to switch defenses despite watching teams get layup after layup, open 3 after open 3. His stubbornness and coaching killed 2015 and it'll kill 2024. I could go on but I won't......not that much more anyways.

I said in December if he stays out of the way we win it all, if we don't we'll struggle in conference then in the tournament. We've seen it happen too many times whether the pumpers want to admit it or not he's derailed some great rosters. Yet here we are again.... I've lost my short lived excitement, I've lost the rare moment of hope for the season we hardly get anymore. This team was fun, the season was fun. The man I despise, John Vincent Calipari decided to foul it all up. He burnt us again, he stole our joy, he stole our excitement, he stole our hope.....he stole our March.

Bro the week of the SEC Tournament and selection Sunday are my favorite time of year and once again I feel absolutely gutted. 1 win in 5 years. Had at least a two day setup to watch the games and I knew better. This one literally checked me out of the season. We've got 1, maybe 2 games if we're extremely lucky. Should never feel this as a Kentucky fan. I thought my 82 year old father was gonna stroke out during the game and he's bed ridden for a couple years now. He has aphasia but I could clearly tell the cuss words coming out. I'm not even going to watch the tournament. It's taken me way to long but I want Cal gone yesterday. I'd been that way but I loved this team and cut him a little slack. WTF was I thinking? Good post @Fox2monk.
It hurts man, hearing about your dad, he may not have that time to wait again. It’s year after year. That’s what Cal doesn’t understand. We as a state love this team. We don’t have pro teams. This is the commonwealths team. This is our pride. I was so excited hoping to watch the championship game and then selection Sunday. Now it’s gonna be a 4/5 seed in a really rough bracket. I already know it. I hated making this post, I wanted everyone to enjoy this ride. We love this team. Then it ends up the same exact way. It sucks.

Sports is heartbreaking most of the time.

Sadly at the end of the day only one team wins the ultimate last game.

But I do think in the end thars also what makes it special when it does happen

I have officially reached the proverbial end of my rope, straw that broke.. moment. I am not sure I can do this another year. I will watch the games this tuesday through sunday. I will enjoy the tourney for all it is worth. I am not 100% sure I will watch our game (first game) but will keep tabs on it.

I think if Cal is here next year, which we know he will be, I will just not watch at all, preseason, ooc schedule, conf schedule or postseason. I do not have another team I would want to follow, so I think I might just take college basketball off all year. I cannot stand NBA and do not watch 1 minute of an NBA game. I typically watch about 1/4 or a womens college game, just not a fan. I will end up going from football season to another football season next year.

Heck I would watch every game if we had a new coach even if we had a group of guys that could not win a game. Well maybe not that team. but you all know what i am talking about.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Sad. It’s got to suck for kids right now. I’m lucky I grew up with the 96 and 98 titles. These kids can’t even see a SECT title.
At least older teenagers got to see 2009-2019. Good years. But it's over now.

This wk and the next 2-3 should be the best time as a basketball fan, but when we lose out I just lose interest in the game. The hs sweet 16 happening as well, but us continuing to flame out with a talented roster just drags me down. I wish I didn’t care like cal but I can’t, I’d be willing to spend to travel and watch the team but I’m not dropping that $$$ for us to lose early in Nashville or the ncaa. It’s a sad state where most uk fans are nowadays, definitely feel the best days are behind us with Cal.
I hear you but the roster isn’t really that talented imo. It’s overrated at their current stage of development. Other than Dilly I don’t see any NBA talent. Maybe way in the future.

Team has shooters but no defenders. It is what it is.

Reactions: RunninRichie
UK Basketball (insert any Greek Tragedy novel). I go back to how many teams after the last game of the season gave their guys 3 days off before getting ready for postseason!
How many coaches make public statements that the next game they play means nothing!!! What?!
How many times will I fall for this CRAP!!! Insert stupid number here. lol

I work in Cincinnati, I drive from Winchester KY to Cincinnati to my job. I have friends in Cincy that only follow Reds and Bengals. They put up with college basketball. I get calls from the guys all the time asking me the same ole question, "What is wrong with your kitty kats?" Now I ask for some of the prodding. I have STEELERS gear at my desk.

BCG to CAL was a step up and to the left (far left). lol He is a guy that thinks 1 step forward is worth 2 steps back. If he were in a field in Alabama after a rain storm he would die in his car trying to get it out of the mud. He would not know how to change things up to walk to the house 50 feet away to call for a tow truck. Let alone use his cell phone. I think we should go to the zoo in cincinnati and ask for one of the Gibbons or Gorilla's to be our coach. Heck i bet they could by the end of the year with luck, trial and error or karma get a team to learn some defense, get a team to run an out of bounds play.

If this were in biblical times, Cal would have been on the road to DUMBASSKISS, got blinded by the light, heard the voice of GOD and told GOD, leave me alone I got this. Man is dumber than a bag of hammers and he needs to get lost in the gorge never to be found or heard from again.

My family has land in Payne Gap KY, Letcher County with the Payne Gap Cave system in it. I would love to take Cal for a visit. I know i could get him lost in there and he would not be able to find his way out. He would have plenty of drinking water and if he can kill white rats he will have food to eat (strike that) he would not understand how to provide for himself. He needs Mitch to be with him to help him out.

Heck back to the Bible, I am ready to Gird my loins and run for the hills. Just to get away from the upcoming failure next week. GET ME OUT OF HERE PERCY!

This team will go on a run in the NCAA tournament. Some will laugh because they can’t see past whatever the most recent game is and we happened to lose to an A&M team that now doesn’t care as much. Just watch, we have a Kentucky leader on this team that will get them focused, we have shooting and we have star power, the run is coming.
We didn't "happen" to lose to aTm. They beat us twice.

A couple of years ago I said I'll give it (Cal) 2 more years. One more loss will be the end of those 2 years. I've remained pretty neutral and in the middle as long as possible.

If we lose early (no Final Four) I really think this team's nickname should be

"WE CAN'T HIDE YOU"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT