ADVERTISEMENT

Cal, "Chris Mack nuts, out of his mind"

Again. Read his link. He did not.

This is from the 2nd paragraph of his link:
“As for masks, we all know that prevents you from spreading the virus to other people. However, it does not prevent non-mask wearers from spreading the virus to you”
And the link he posted was just some news aggregator. The actual study linked in the “article” in no way, shape, or form supported his “thesis”. It looked at two groups of people randomly sampled from 11 different health care facilities. One group that tested positive for COVID and one that didn’t. It broke down different activities they reported within 14 days of their test (positive and negative). Both groups wore masks most or all of the time, but the people who tested positive also went out to eat, went shopping, had close contact with COVID positive people, etc.

At this point it’s not even about trusting actual science. It’s about not being able to objectively read a published study and draw a valid conclusion from it. Objective reality is under attack.

One of my favorite authors is Philip K. Dick, and most of his novels and short stories dealt with the concept of not being able to discern reality from delusion (he was most likely schizophrenic and definitely a heavy drug user). 2020 is like a PKD novel that we’re all trapped in.

Again. Read his link. He did not.

This is from the 2nd paragraph of his link:
“As for masks, we all know that prevents you from spreading the virus to other people. However, it does not prevent non-mask wearers from spreading the virus to you”
Im a little skeptical about the second part. I’ve never heard of a “one-way mask”. If particles are stopped by a three-ply mask going out—why can’t the same three layers stop the particles from coming in? Btw, I use three ply as an example as they’re now mandated where I work.

Im 100 percent pro mask, believe the major studies how they prevent the spreading of Covid et al, back Governor Beshear on his mask mandates—but some mask dynamics escape me

Last edited:
Reactions: Greatestalltime
Im a little skeptical about the second part. I’ve never heard of a “one-way mask”. If particles are stopped by a three-ply mask going out—why can’t the same three layers stop the particles from coming in? Btw, I use three ply as an example as they’re now mandated where I work.
You make a decent point. Maybe it has something to do with the seal around your face.
And when exhaling most particles hit what’s right in front of them or where they’re propelled. ???

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
And the link he posted was just some news aggregator. The actual study linked in the “article” in no way, shape, or form supported his “thesis”. It looked at two groups of people randomly sampled from 11 different health care facilities. One group that tested positive for COVID and one that didn’t. It broke down different activities they reported within 14 days of their test (positive and negative). Both groups wore masks most or all of the time, but the people who tested positive also went out to eat, went shopping, had close contact with COVID positive people, etc.

At this point it’s not even about trusting actual science. It’s about not being able to objectively read a published study and draw a valid conclusion from it. Objective reality is under attack.

One of my favorite authors is Philip K. Dick, and most of his novels and short stories dealt with the concept of not being able to discern reality from delusion (he was most likely schizophrenic and definitely a heavy drug user). 2020 is like a PKD novel that we’re all trapped in.
Very well said. It’s a strange time for sure when a public health recommendation becomes political.

Im 100 percent pro mask, believe the major studies how they prevent the spreading of Covid et al, back Governor Beshear on his mask mandates—but some mask dynamics escape me

It’s pretty much the lateral seals that are not tight enough to prevent drawing in contaminated droplet and mist. However, the mask is extremely effective at limiting wide dispersal of the ejecta associated with a sneeze or cough. Hence the good preventive is less than good protection.

Just compare the spray of a garden hose unrestrained versus through a mask. The spray distance is greatly diminished but your feet get wet.

I really believe that the non mask wearers it just has to do with people not wanting to be told what to do. So they find all this crap to try and justify their position so they can say masks don't work.

The thing is.......you can't convince these people otherwise.

If their whole thing is "Well i'm not wearing a mask because I'm not going to do anything people are trying to make me do" then telling people these people to wear masks is counterproductive lol. It's not going to work.

Reactions: Catfan2226
I really believe that the non mask wearers it just has to do with people not wanting to be told what to do. So they find all this crap to try and justify their position so they can say masks don't work.

The thing is.......you can't convince these people otherwise.

If their whole thing is "Well i'm not wearing a mask because I'm not going to do anything people are trying to make me do" then telling people these people to wear masks is counterproductive lol. It's not going to work.

That explains the impulse I have to change their diaper. Just like a 2 yr old.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
Just stop being a dick and put on a mask for now. It’s no more complicated than that.
Actually it is. There is science saying that breathing all that CO2 is bad for you. Even had some people collapsing from low oxygen, and some dental issues. Wearing a mask all day is NOT healthy.

Mask Tyrants: "OBEY AND STAY AFRAID"
Mask compliers think they're saying: "I'm a good person because I care"
What they're really saying: "BAAAA! Yes Master! Protect us!"

Actually it is. There is science saying that breathing all that CO2 is bad for you. Even had some people collapsing from low oxygen, and some dental issues. Wearing a mask all day is NOT healthy.

If the virus goes right through a mask then CO2 should also.

Remember when you posted a link to an article that you thought made your point, (yesterday) but it was pointed out that you didn’t read the second paragraph that directly contradicted your point?

Another person pointed out that you also clearly didn’t read the link to the study that the article was about that in no way proved your point.
That was fun.

Then you acted as if neither happened and started with a different point that also has no validity.

Last edited:
I heard yesterday that only 1% of people who get Covid did not wear a mask. 70% had a mask on. They never said what the other 29% were doing.

What isn’t known is how many of those people touched a surface and got the virus on their hands and then took their mask off and ate something, touched something else, touched their face, their phone, whatever. That number isn’t surprising. It does not say, and there is no way to figure this out more than likely, is how many contracted it airborne while wearing a mask. Most people wear masks so it makes sense that the majority of people who get it we’re wearing one. Nobody can tell exactly when they contracted the virus.

What isn’t known is how many of those people touched a surface and got the virus on their hands and then took their mask off and ate something, touched something else, touched their face, their phone, whatever. That number isn’t surprising. It does not say, and there is no way to figure this out more than likely, is how many contracted it airborne while wearing a mask. Most people wear masks so it makes sense that the majority of people who get it we’re wearing one. Nobody can tell exactly when they contracted the virus.
Yup

You really think you can read minds? It’s almost criminal the threat you are to those around you.
THIS guy wanted to put me in JAIL.

LOL

CDC now backtracking...

Reactions: Fox2monk
THIS guy wanted to put me in JAIL.

LOL

CDC now backtracking...

WTF are you talking about? Do you regarding get checked for brain eating infections?

Cal told me to put my mask on, and I haven't taken it off since then.

I even wear it while in the shower and eat with it on. I drop the food pellets into the mask and then let my tongue catch them and pull them into my mouth.

I want to be safe safe safe. Safe safe safe, just like Cal told me. Uh huh.

Cal told me to put my mask on, and I haven't taken it off since then.

I even wear it while in the shower and eat with it on. I drop the food pellets into the mask and then let my tongue catch them and pull them into my mouth.

I want to be safe safe safe. Safe safe safe, just like Cal told me. Uh huh.
Be careful, kybassface will toss your ass in jail. LOL

tenor.gif

Reactions: BigTyrone
T
They do work, and you're told what to do everyday
They do work lmmfao! Comical people are so simple minded ,so they work right ? The first 2wks we were supposed to be shutdown 2wks keep up now people wore them at a 99% rate everyone wore them so if those masks worked how come it did not slow it down one bit? Masks don't work if you trust the science you should not be wearing a mask ! Peeiod

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT