ADVERTISEMENT

Cal, "Chris Mack nuts, out of his mind"

I honestly don't care if they work or not. I've gotten used to wearing one and it's no longer an inconvenience to me. I'd rather wear one than get stank face looks from other people while out in public. When it comes down to it, there is a whole lot that we don't know. With every scientific study that comes out, a new one will come out the next week refuting it.

I can't tell if people are giving me the stank face or not when they're wearing a mask. All I ask is don't stank face me with your mask on. I need to know who is stank facing me so I can remove my mask and stank face them back.....damnit. 😹

Jeez. Another one that has zero idea what a mask is actually supposed to do. The cloth mask isn’t to protect you LowBrowCat. It’s to protect those around you. Yes they are exceedingly effective at what they are designed to do. There is no longer objective debate on this. You really only hear this sort of comment from idiots that still think the cloth masks are to protect the wearer. Think of it this way. Two China Virus patients, one with, one without a mask. Which one you want coughing in your face?

Look at it this way. The mask probably makes you better looking. Maybe.
There's plenty of debate, your wild assertions notwithstanding.

If you knew how to find your ass with both hands, let alone Google with two fingers, you'd be able to look up the size of a corona virus and then compare it to the size of the aperture in an N95 mask, something the general public doesn't wear. A cloth or paper mask is as effective at stopping the CV as a chain link fence is at stopping mosquitoes. Even the CDC says there's no evidence that masks work. That's because the virus is aerosol, not droplet. YOU are the one who is misinformed.

Your anecdotal hypothetical is absurd, because I don't cough in people's faces. Furthermore, I'm not sick. So if I'm not wearing a mask, and you are, what's your objection - unless you don't believe they work either?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mozzie
There's plenty of debate, your wild assertions notwithstanding.

If you knew how to find your ass with both hands, let alone Google with two fingers, you'd be able to look up the size of a corona virus and then compare it to the size of the aperture in an N95 mask, something the general public doesn't wear. A cloth or paper mask is as effective at stopping the CV as a chain link fence is at stopping mosquitoes.

Your anecdotal hypothetical is absurd, because I don't cough in people's faces. Furthermore, I'm not sick. So if I'm not wearing a mask, and you are, what's your objection - unless you don't believe they work either?

ROFL. You truly are one of the few remaining. Fortunately those little viruses don’t have wings and fly around. They are contained in the aerosol that is ejected during a sneeze or cough. The aerosol particles are more than large enough to be captured by the mask, thus severely curtailing the amount of virus ejected. There is no longer debate on this. You are the first I’ve met in some time that was unable to grasp this elementary concept.

You are not hurting yourself by not wearing a mask. You are a threat to everyone around you. I doubt you give a damn though.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Yes, you are. You're told to wear your seatbelt, how fast you can drive, that you can't go in a restaurant without shoes or a shirt, how much taxes to pay, if you're employed then I'm sure your boss tells you what to do, etc, etc, etc.
I'm self employed.

The mask isn't law, taxes and seatbelts are.

ROFL. You truly are one of the few remaining. Fortunately those little viruses don’t have wings and fly around. They are contained in the aerosol that is ejected during a sneeze or cough. The aerosol particles are more than large enough to be captured by the mask, thus severely curtailing the amount of virus ejected. There is no longer debate on this. You are the first I’ve met in some time that was unable to grasp this elementary concept.

You are not hurting yourself by not wearing a mask. You are a threat to everyone around you. I doubt you give a damn though.
You keep saying there is no longer debate on this. Desperate words. But you have yet to introduce any science into this discussion. I'm actually LOL'ing at how stupid your 'explanation' really is. You know NOTHING about how the virus OR masks work. And no, I don't give a damn about complying with BS pushed by bureaucrats who contradict themselves at every turn and don't even know the science themselves. Try to fall straight backwards on your couch when you faint, though.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
You keep saying there is no longer debate on this. Desperate words. But you have yet to introduce any science into this discussion. I'm actually LOL'ing at how stupid your 'explanation' really is. You know NOTHING about how the virus OR masks work. And no, I don't give a damn about complying with BS pushed by bureaucrats who contradict themselves at every turn and don't even know the science themselves. Try to fall straight backwards on your couch when you faint, though.

Flat earther? Serious question.

In fact there really is no debate. It’s really not even a question. That said, I can see you are all knowing and all seeing. Let’s hope those around get the vaccine before you get the virus. Those poor people.

Flat earther? Serious question.

In fact there really is no debate. It’s really not even a question. That said, I can see you are all knowing and all seeing. Let’s hope those around get the vaccine before you get the virus. Those poor people.
You really trust the Chinese-run WHO? Serious question.

"There really is no debate" - there you go again.

In fact even the CDC acknowledges there is still debate going on. That's why they use language like "MAY protect you from the virus" instead of "SHALL protect you from the virus."

What a linear thinker you are.

You REALLY think you're never going to get the virus? How delusional.

220px-Roflcopter.gif

Last edited:
I'll give you that it MAY prevent somebody from sneezing several feet out. But now it's on the outside of the mask which you are constantly touching, adjusting, or taking off in your car & home and laying down on another surface. Washing hands habitually, avoiding close contact, and disinfecting surfaces seems like a more practical means of controlling transmission among the healthy populace. So do you actually believe people wearing masks will not get Rhinovirus, other Coronaviruses, or Influenza this year by doing so? I don't. Thin cloth masks are simply not designed to stop viruses. I wear mine at work and in stores, because I am required to. But this seems to be far more about control, than actual "science." And the minute someone throws around a cultish term like ,"science denier," it's a safe bet, they know little of the actual science, and are simply parroting as a means of control. It's all rather dystopian imo.

"He wears a mask, and his face grows to fit it." George Orwell
Again. The mask is to keep your saliva from traveling. N95 masks may indeed keep out other germs or viruses. We’ll never know because we can’t make enough of them for the populous. I’d like to see your study or research on the subject and I’ll be open to new information.

If everyone wears a mask it keeps more saliva from traveling through the air. You don’t have to cough or sneeze to expel saliva from your face. This isn’t complicated and I’m not sure how it became complicated for some, but it clearly did.

How is it on the outside of the mask? —We’ll go with your premise—If you’re worried about it on the outside because then you touch it etc. Then how is it better if it goes directly to your lungs rather than the way you described?

Last edited:
I heard yesterday that only 1% of people who get Covid did not wear a mask. 70% had a mask on. They never said what the other 29% were doing.

I wear my mask.Don't have a problem with it.Those that don't wear one that's their choice and for those that do wear one that's their choice as well.Not really sure what the hell all the fuss is over it.People make choices and live with it.

I guess the fuss is if I’m wearing a mask, I’m looking out for people around me. If I’m in a mask at the store, and a lady walks past me without one on, I’m looking out for her but she doesn’t give a flip about me. So I can see where some would be angry. Not me but some.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
I heard yesterday that only 1% of people who get Covid did not wear a mask. 70% had a mask on. They never said what the other 29% were doing.
So when this really started and the infections were going up, here and elsewhere, 70% of those people were wearing a mask?

You heard? From many people? Can you cite a source please ? Thanks

Why can’t people understand that the mask does offer some protection to the wearer, but the real protection is that spit can’t fly out of the wearer’s mouth as easily, as far, and in as great a quantity. This protects other people from your saliva.

How could we be this far along and people not get that? Wonder why we can’t get out of this f ing mess.

Unreal

Last edited:
I wear my mask.Don't have a problem with it.Those that don't wear one that's their choice and for those that do wear one that's their choice as well.Not really sure what the hell all the fuss is over it.People make choices and live with it.
Because the mask is mainly to protect others from your germs.

Can you see that if it was your choice to smoke crack or meth (whatever you like most) around a pregnant woman that your choice could affect her and her baby’s health?

You really trust the Chinese-run WHO? Serious question.

"There really is no debate" - there you go again.

In fact even the CDC acknowledges there is still debate going on. That's why they use language like "MAY protect you from the virus" instead of "SHALL protect you from the virus."

What a linear thinker you are.

You REALLY think you're never going to get the virus? How delusional.

220px-Roflcopter.gif

You really think you can read minds? It’s almost criminal the threat you are to those around you.

Last edited:
So when this really started and the infections were going up, here and elsewhere, 70% of those people were wearing a mask?

You heard? From many people? Can you cite a source please ? Thanks

Why can’t people understand that the mask does offer some protection to the wearer, but the real protection is that spit can’t fly out of the wearer’s mouth as easily, as far, and in as great a quantity. This protects other people from your saliva.

How could we be this far along and people not get that? Wonder why we can’t get out of this f ing mess.

Unreal
I didn't confirm just heard. Also think about it. If most people are wearing masks, wouldn't it make sense that more people would be getting it wearing masks than not? I have only seen toddlers not wearing them in public places. So this myth that people are running around not wearing them is a farce. Are there some? Sure but not all over the place which is where positives are showing up. All over the place.

This isn't ever going away so we will never get out of the F ing mess as you put it. It will just be less media scaring you and others with it.

I didn't confirm just heard. Also think about it. If most people are wearing masks, wouldn't it make sense that more people would be getting it wearing masks than not? I have only seen toddlers not wearing them in public places. So this myth that people are running around not wearing them is a farce. Are there some? Sure but not all over the place which is where positives are showing up. All over the place.

This isn't ever going away so we will never get out of the F ing mess as you put it. It will just be less media scaring you and others with it.
The entire world has resources into ending it. It will end despite America’s third world approach.

There are many countries where it is under control and now have little to no infections simply from smart behavior. (Social distancing and mask wearing)https://www.google.com/search?q=cou...trol&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Because the mask is mainly to protect others from your germs.

Can you see that if it was your choice to smoke crack or meth (whatever you like most) around a pregnant woman that your choice could affect her and her baby’s health?
Oh I agree..I wear my mask for me and my safety.If me wearing my mask is beneficial for others to keep them safe then that's fine.Frankly I don't give a rat's ass if those who are anti maskers dont like the fact I wear a mask or not.Piss off as far as I'm concerned

The entire world has resources into ending it. It will end despite America’s third world approach.

There are many countries where it is under control and now have little to no infections simply from smart behavior. (Social distancing and mask wearing among other common sense methods)

Masks work. They like everything else is not 100% especially if the other person that has COVID doesn't have a mask themselves.

But for me even if it helped some crazy small amount like 5%, I think it makes common sense to wear one.

It's clear that masks work to some degree, as long as everyone wears them. Some people just like to cry "freedom" every time they're required to think about someone else. I bet people had the same reaction to "no shoes no service" or speed limits or texting and driving or seat belt lawsor made up religious "laws". We are inundated with rules, yet we have people proclaiming "you can't tell me what to do". It's just selfish behavior, wearing a mask is easy and if it helps at all it is a minor inconvenience.

There are many countries where it is under control and now have little to no infections simply from smart behavior. (Social distancing and mask wearing among other common sense methods)

It will end like the flu has ended imo

{whiny voice}You really think you can read minds? It’s almost criminal the threat you are to those around you.
Yes. Strike me down in your anger.

85% of Covid-19 cases come from people who wear masks .

Unless they were wearing an N95 mask, they weren’t protecting anyone.

You've got some sort of hyperbolic scenario where everybody is just sneezing and spewing and coughing on everybody. It's absurd.

And frankly I'm amused at your level of fear. Trump just had covid, got over it in less than a week and he's 74 and heavy. I get plenty of vitamin D because I don't sit in my house cowering in fear. Sunshine helps you. Try reading and learning more and less dependence on the fearmongering news.

Last edited:
Oh I agree..I wear my mask for me and my safety.If me wearing my mask is beneficial for others to keep them safe then that's fine.Frankly I don't give a rat's ass if those who are anti maskers dont like the fact I wear a mask or not.Piss off as far as I'm concerned
Frankly I don't care if you wear a mask or not. So I'm not an 'anti masker.' But you gotta love the name calling, it's amazing how much this issue is politicized and people are ostracized for not just bowing to the bureaucrazy.

It's clear that masks work to some degree, as long as everyone wears them. Some people just like to cry "freedom" every time they're required to think about someone else. I bet people had the same reaction to "no shoes no service" or speed limits or texting and driving or seat belt lawsor made up religious "laws". We are inundated with rules, yet we have people proclaiming "you can't tell me what to do". It's just selfish behavior, wearing a mask is easy and if it helps at all it is a minor inconvenience.
YEAH! Freedom is overrated! Just do what you're told and don't question! Right comrade?

I'm glad it's easy for you, because unless people stand up against this nonsense, you'll be wearing a mask for the rest of your life.

I swear this generation wouldn't have had the guts to stand up to the Brits in 1775. Buncha wimps.

Frankly I don't care if you wear a mask or not. So I'm not an 'anti masker.' But you gotta love the name calling, it's amazing how much this issue is politicized and people are ostracized for not just bowing to the bureaucrazy.
Agree. I like how the CDC and WHO change their opinions and people follow like sheep.

Reactions: Mozzie

You've got some sort of hyperbolic scenario where everybody is just sneezing and spewing and coughing on everybody. It's absurd.

And frankly I'm amused at your level of fear. Trump just had covid, got over it in less than a week and he's 74 and heavy. I get plenty of vitamin D because I don't sit in my house cowering in fear. Sunshine helps you. Try reading and learning more and less dependence on the fearmongering news.
If I or anyone that I care for get it can I take a chopper to a private floor of a hospital and get experimental drugs not available to the public?

Reactions: Catfan2226
Agree. I like how the CDC and WHO change their opinions and people follow like sheep.
Yes. It’s so weird when new data becomes available and or experience happens things change.
Why not just stick with initial thoughts?? They’re so dumb that way

Bureaycrazy = science??

What’s your solution? Who should we listen to? Facebook? I have no medical training. Nor the time to conduct my own studies

What should I do?

Last edited:
I’d guess Your 85% stat is patently false. Can you provide any scientific data backing up your claim? If not should you question your information source?

And if it were true that’s because 100% of ass holes won’t wear masks. Then they infect others. If we could get that number down to 50% we’d be better off.

Last edited:
Or they are wrong all the time.... Don't follow them like sheep.
If you ever get sick of anything. Tell the Dr. that you’re no sheep and you’ll get back to him with your treatment plan after you consult the Internet and whoever led you to also follow like sheep in the opposite direction of science.

Reactions: Catfan2226
If you ever get sick of anything. Tell the Dr. that you’re no sheep and you’ll get back to him with your treatment plan after you consult the Internet and whoever led you to also follow like sheep in the opposite direction of science.

You can’t see how keeping your spit from traveling in the air could help with the spread of a disease that is spread through saliva droplet exchange?

Explain to me what’s hard about that to understand, please. I’m not being cute. I’d really like to know. Thanks
I wear a mask when I go out, but let's be honest, a mask doesn't stop vaper and droplets from traveling in the air. Masks are porous, so it may somewhat limit the distance it travels, but it certainly does not prevent it from escaping your nose or mouth and becoming air born. Whether that small benefit actually helps with virus spread, I have no idea. I've seen doctors and scientists argue both sides.

Reactions: kl40504

Yup, flat earther.

Macho macho macho man, he’s a no mask macho man.

Yup, flat earther.

Macho macho macho man, he’s a no mask macho man.

Your entire argument boils down to name calling. Weak sauce. Buh bye, waste.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcatwelder
I’d guess Your 85% stat is patently false. Can you provide any scientific data backing up your claim? If not should you question your information source?

And if it were true that’s because 100% of ass holes won’t wear masks. Then they infect others. If we could get that number down to 50% we’d be better off.
Ah, so if I provide you with the source, you'll admit I'm right and change your tune? No, you instinctively know I'm on to something and you're posturing, and any link I provide will trigger ad hominem attacks.

Pearls before swine. No matter the evidence, your 'feelz' will trump that every time and you'll default to name calling just as you have now.

So hey, let's call your bluff. How about the source being the CEE DEE FREAKING CEE?

Last edited:
The internet is far more reliable than fake news outlets these days. Unfortunately, small minds like yours can't distinguish between fake and real news so you opt for drone status. Just keep watching CNN, champ!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT