ADVERTISEMENT

Cal can’t help himself

Some fans hate him, some love him. Either way, I think both sides would have to admit he has been beaten up pretty badly by some portion of BBN.

Obviously, even he has admitted to some mistakes. And hindsight is always 20/20, so criticism after a loss or season is always sharp and accurate.

Cal's feelings are hurt, its obvious. Its human nature. Lord knows I wouldn't want to take the heat he has taken. And its easy to say "for $9m I'll take that bullet everyday". But that's BS. None have to live with that, have to look ourselves in the mirror when we lose and justify our decisions then go out and convince the team and BBN we know what we're doing.

I'm convinced its nearing an end, like many of you are. Like Joe B, Cal's getting tired and he's had about enough of us .... and we've had about enough of him. It was a great run until it wasn't.

BTW, I'm convinced Rick would have ended up here too. I know i was already tired of all the commercials he did and the hyperbole from him was the worst in CBB history (see what I did there). His act was wearing thin and after 3 straight FF, what would have happened if Fla still had their run and we dropped off a hair?

The next time you don’t see him self-promoting will be the first time. Humility is not his strong suit. Instead of just relaxing and celebrating a big win, he has to come into the press conference being the smartass that he is. Nice win, yay team. But then he has to hit the high notes on what’s really important to him and to be absolutely crystal clear here, let me advise everybody what’s important to him. His wallet, his ego, his mutt, his nba all stars, his kids and his ball and chain. Guy could give a rats ass about the fans, or winning a championship. Just thought I’d make that clear. Peace.

Some fans hate him, some love him. Either way, I think both sides would have to admit he has been beaten up pretty badly by some portion of BBN.

Obviously, even he has admitted to some mistakes. And hindsight is always 20/20, so criticism after a loss or season is always sharp and accurate.

Cal's feelings are hurt, its obvious. Its human nature. Lord knows I wouldn't want to take the heat he has taken. And its easy to say "for $9m I'll take that bullet everyday". But that's BS. None have to live with that, have to look ourselves in the mirror when we lose and justify our decisions then go out and convince the team and BBN we know what we're doing.

I'm convinced its nearing an end, like many of you are. Like Joe B, Cal's getting tired and he's had about enough of us .... and we've had about enough of him. It was a great run until it wasn't.

BTW, I'm convinced Rick would have ended up here too. I know i was already tired of all the commercials he did and the hyperbole from him was the worst in CBB history (see what I did there). His act was wearing thin and after 3 straight FF, what would have happened if Fla still had their run and we dropped off a hair?
You are so wrong. His feelings are not hurt one bit. He doesn’t care what anybody, especially the fans, think of him. Clear that up right now.

Pretty typical either throw his players or fans under the bus why can't this guy just be himself he might be more likable it's like he has to do this show either in his interviews or running up and down the sidelines screaming like he can coach cal could take a lesson from. Mark Stoops on how to handle yourself

We have the most oversensitive fanbase out there. Coach needled the fans/media after the biggest win of the season. Booo hooo.

Keep winning and I don’t care how he talks to fans. I quit paying attention to his pressers and such years ago because he never says anything new. I also don’t think that the program owes me anything. I watch games and buy an occasional hoodie or hat.

I just find it funny the same fans who trash Cal constantly from everything to his coaching, his appearance and even his family, get all sad and cry if he jabs back.

So, we should give Calipari credit for the All-Star Cats?
Without him those guys would never have even made it to the NBA?
Riiiightttt..

Reactions: KFuqua
We have the most oversensitive fanbase out there. Coach needled the fans/media after the biggest win of the season. Booo hooo.

Keep winning and I don’t care how he talks to fans. I quit paying attention to his pressers and such years ago because he never says anything new. I also don’t think that the program owes me anything. I watch games and buy an occasional hoodie or hat.

I just find it funny the same fans who trash Cal constantly from everything to his coaching, his appearance and even his family, get all sad and cry if he jabs back.

You just nailed it - beating Auburn really DID make some UK fans mad. They want us to bottom out and a blowout loss at Auburn would have had them giddy. Instead, we rolled from tip to final horn and they take his comments as directed directly at them.......because they were ! lol

You just nailed it - beating Auburn really DID make some UK fans mad. They want us to bottom out and a blowout loss at Auburn would have had them giddy. Instead, we rolled from tip to final horn and they take his comments as directed directly at them.......because they were ! lol
No it didn’t. Stop with the bullshit. People may not like Cal but I haven’t heard or read a single uk fan wanting us to lose. You and your five or six other accounts need to be banned

I agree. We just beat a top 15 team on the road who was undefeated at home this year. There is nothing to complain about tonight.

This is a good litmus test to see who hates Cal more than they like UK.
True but and it applies to a lot of sports fans so it’s not really unique. Once someone is adamant that they want a coach gone they know they can’t turn back so they do the unthinkable and cheer for losses. I know a lot of NFL fans that do it.

I agree. We just beat a top 15 team on the road who was undefeated at home this year. There is nothing to complain about tonight.

This is a good litmus test to see who hates Cal more than they like UK.
One of the more intelligent posts I've seen on here in a long time.

Kentucky wins, but Cal "haters" will come out in full force to complain about something, most likely, irrelevant and off-point

What the hell is wrong with that ?? We have seven players in the all star game would you not want to mention that as a recruiting tool . Good lord some of you people would rather criticize Cal than enjoy a win like this , just a sad SOB
If Cal wants to keep receipts, fine by me. If you spout off and you're wrong, don't blame the person calling you out for it. Be a man.

This x 100

So, we should give Calipari credit for the All-Star Cats?
Without him those guys would never have even made it to the NBA?
Riiiightttt..
Proof is in the puddin'. The previoius record for most All-Stars from one college was 4. And that was his old record.

All the coaches drink from the same well. Cal just produces more than they do. He's doing something they aren't.

This x 100
We also have the most over sensitive crybaby for a head coach. Why is it so difficult for some of you guys to figure this out? Don’t you realize the game he is playing here and has been the last decade? Does it not bother you to see our storied program used and abused? Tom Heitz spoke up, everybody made fun of him, called him too sensitive. Another guy on here wrote that the hatred for the coach overshadows anything we do on the court. I couldn’t agree more. I don’t like the guy, never have. But I bleed blue. That’s why I can’t stand the program being used by this used car salesman/snake oil salesman to line his pockets with kickbacks and cash at the expense of the program. So don’t try telling me that I’m not a fan. I’m a Kentucky Wildcat fan til the day I die. I will never be a Calipari fan ever!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: shodaman and KFuqua
We also have the most over sensitive crybaby for a head coach. Why is it so difficult for some of you guys to figure this out? Don’t you realize the game he is playing here and has been the last decade? Does it not bother you to see our storied program used and abused? Tom Heitz spoke up, everybody made fun of him, called him too sensitive. Another guy on here wrote that the hatred for the coach overshadows anything we do on the court. I couldn’t agree more. I don’t like the guy, never have. But I bleed blue. That’s why I can’t stand the program being used by this used car salesman/snake oil salesman to line his pockets with kickbacks and cash at the expense of the program. So don’t try telling me that I’m not a fan. I’m a Kentucky Wildcat fan til the day I die. I will never be a Calipari fan ever!!
Lol I could care less. Move on

No it didn’t. Stop with the bullshit. People may not like Cal but I haven’t heard or read a single uk fan wanting us to lose. You and your five or six other accounts need to be banned
Not heard or read of a single Uk fan wanting us to lose?

check this out.......

If missing the tournament equals cal being fired. I’m game!
I’m to that point. A point I’ve never been to in my life.
If it takes us losing every game to get him fired. I’m game!

I’m tired of it!!

He will be home in a few hours tweeting about our 7 NBA all stars:

check this out.......
Cal will never win anything substantial or make another FF.
We’ve lost 7 games with the current loaded roster that we have.

If it takes him losing 6 or 7 more games to finally get rid of him so we can get a coach in here that starts winning again and winning for the University of KY instead of the NBA. Then I’m all for it:

Our program needs saved because Cal is running it into the ground!!

Reactions: KFuqua

So being that you’re coaching, allegedly, a college team. Wouldn’t the F4 be the “greatest stage”? Just asking for a friend.

Like I said, he's still an NBA wannabe that just couldn't cut it there. At least he still gets to go to the games as a fan even if he couldn't make it as a coach. If he stays here long enough he could buy into a franchise

check this out.......

They never said they wanted UK to lose. Read the post you quoted. Accepting the outcome is not "wanting us to lose," no matter how hard you try to convince yourself.

Reactions: MDGonzocatfan
Coaching is a teaching position. He should be there to celebrate the success of his students. I wouldn't expect you poor jealous babies to understand. Bragging rights to future recruits is a good thing.
You would have to pay big money for the type of advertising Cal got UK for free

Cal will never win anything substantial or make another FF.
We’ve lost 7 games with the current loaded roster that we have.

If it takes him losing 6 or 7 more games to finally get rid of him so we can get a coach in here that starts winning again and winning for the University of KY instead of the NBA. Then I’m all for it:

Our program needs saved because Cal is running it into the ground!!

I still think its possible for another team to overcome his poor coaching and how much the officials hate him/us, and win another title while he's here. Will never count out the heart of the Wildcats who've committed to UK.

BUT IT WILL take a very special and dedicated set of players to do it, and I don't think Cal would let it happen.

Reactions: MDGonzocatfan
They never said they wanted UK to lose. Read the post you quoted. Accepting the outcome is not "wanting us to lose," no matter how hard you try to convince yourself.
He absolutely did say it, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself. Read it again he says:

"If it takes us losing every game to get him fired. I’m game!"

Thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
My biggest gripe with Cal right now is his handling of wins and losses. After a big win, he acts like he's invincible. Yet, after a tough loss, he retreats and hides.

I really believe it would do wonders if he showed more empathy towards the fans during these losses and sympathized with them.

My biggest gripe with Cal right now is his handling of wins and losses. After a big win, he acts like he's invincible. Yet, after a tough loss, he retreats and hides.

I really believe it would do wonders if he showed more empathy towards the fans during these losses and sympathized with them.
That's a great point. Some people on this board act exactly like him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT