ADVERTISEMENT

Cal can’t help himself

So no answer then?

That's exactly what I thought. At least you are predictable.
First time I’d seen that post actually. I still stand by what I said. I don’t personally know any fans that feel that way. You find one post recently out of thousands and try to act like everyone is awful because you have some weird obsession. You worry more about what people say than Cal does. Chill out.

Reactions: MDGonzocatfan
First time I’d seen that post actually. I still stand by what I said. I don’t personally know any fans that feel that way. You find one post recently out of thousands and try to act like everyone is awful because you have some weird obsession. You worry more about what people say than Cal does. Chill out.
Bro. Read the whole exchange. Dude said "not one fan" said they wanted UK to lose.

I literally showed a direct quote of one of our loudest members on this board saying it.

Never did I say all negative fans are this way, it was a simple showing that yes at least one is recruiting against us

It was said. There is no debate about that

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Bro. Read the whole exchange. Dude said "not one fan" said they wanted UK to lose.

I literally showed a direct quote of one of our loudest members on this board saying it.

Never did I say all negative fans are this way, it was a simple showing that yes at least one is recruiting against us

Recruiting against us? How old are you grandpa? Recruits don't read message boards. They don't even know what those are. They use twitter and instagram. Not Rupp rafters.

Reactions: MDGonzocatfan

I understand your point and I was wrong that no one had said that. I honestly hadn’t seen it. Wish it hadn’t been said. Coaches can use fans words against any team in sports as far as recruiting goes. I’m just glad college fans aren’t as mean as fans in the NFL. I believe some NFL teams have the meanest fans in sports

Reactions: thedahc
I understand your point and I was wrong that no one had said that. I honestly hadn’t seen it. Wish it hadn’t been said. Coaches can use fans words against any team in sports as far as recruiting goes. I’m just glad college fans aren’t as mean as fans in the NFL. I believe some NFL teams have the meanest fans in sports
Appreciate it.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
You sound just like someone else I know on here. If you’re not him I apologize.
I like Cal and I think he's the guy for the job and I have never hidden that.

I'm fine with being called a sunshine pumper. This board isnt lacking in negativity.

Honestly I have a ton of gripes with him and the things he does as a coach (like last year giving CJ minutes over Reeves) but the vitriol is so over the top for Cal here that just not hating Cal somehow makes you a troll??

It feels backwards

He absolutely did say it, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself. Read it again he says:

"If it takes us losing every game to get him fired. I’m game!"

Thoughts?

Yeah. You need to apply yourself in English class to get past the 2nd grade.

Proof is in the puddin'. The previoius record for most All-Stars from one college was 4. And that was his old record.

All the coaches drink from the same well. Cal just produces more than they do. He's doing something they aren't.
Yeah 'cause Bam, Booker, AD, SGA, Maxey and KAT were all complete unknowns coming out of high school, right? LoL!
You don't think any of those guys would have ever played in the NBA without Calipari's magical touch? There were a bunch of other All-Stars on the floor. How on earth did they ever get to the NBA without playing for Calipari???
OMG!!!

Is this Brad?

Yeah 'cause Bam, Booker, AD, SGA, Maxey and KAT were all complete unknowns coming out of high school, right? LoL!
You don't think any of those guys would have ever played in the NBA without Calipari's magical touch? There were a bunch of other All-Stars on the floor. How on earth did they ever get to the NBA without playing for Calipari???
OMG!!!

Is this Brad?
There are lots and lots of 5 star recruits.

There are lots and lots of 5 star recruits.
They were more than just 5 star recruits. Every single one of those guys was a McDonald's All-American coming out of high school with the exception of SGA, who just barely missed making the team.

OMG!!!

Is this Brad?
Randle 2013 #2 player ahead of him not all star

Bam 2016 was ranked #7 only 1 player ahead of him was an all star

KAT 2014 #5 no players ahead of him all star

Booker 2014 #29 no non UK players ahead of him were all stars.

AD 2011 #2 no player ahead of him all star

SGA 2017 #34 one player ahead of him all star

Maxey 2019 #10 only one player ahead of him all star

So in their collective classes, 79 players that were ranked ahead of our all stars did not make the all star game.

Please don't pretend that they were automatic all stars from the start. Otherwise those other 79 ranked above them should be all stars too right

They were more than just 5 star recruits. Every single one of those guys was a McDonald's All-American coming out of high school with the exception of SGA, who just barely missed making the team.
Right. And neck and neck with Calipari in the recruiting wars was K. Lots of 5s. Lots of Burger Boys.

Throughout my protests has been the acknowledgement that if you don't want a Player's First program, I've got no complaint about it. But to maintain that Calipari is inept doesn't stand up to even the most cursory of exams. His method helps players become better pros. The products of what he's doing are there to be seen. Coach K had the same number of 5s or Burger Boys, but fewer excellent professionals. The GOAT. At the standard kind of program. Calipari has other fish to fry.

It's as if you fear that to acknowledge Calipari's expertise would nullify your other concern.

Reactions: thedahc
My biggest gripe with Cal right now is his handling of wins and losses. After a big win, he acts like he's invincible. Yet, after a tough loss, he retreats and hides.

I really believe it would do wonders if he showed more empathy towards the fans during these losses and sympathized with them.
That’s the definition of a coward. That’s exactly what he is. He’s a con artist and a coward. That’s who we have destroying the program while half the fanbase buries their head in the sand and sit around giggling like little school girls when he says something “clever”

Randle 2013 #2 player ahead of him not all star

Bam 2016 was ranked #7 only 1 player ahead of him was an all star

KAT 2014 #5 no players ahead of him all star

Booker 2014 #29 no non UK players ahead of him were all stars.

AD 2011 #2 no player ahead of him all star

SGA 2017 #34 one player ahead of him all star

Maxey 2019 #10 only one player ahead of him all star

So in their collective classes, 79 players that were ranked ahead of our all stars did not make the all star game.

Please don't pretend that they were automatic all stars from the start. Otherwise those other 79 ranked above them should be all stars too right
And you think Calipari made our guys All-Stars?
Every OAD player that comes to UK is in Lexington for around 6 months. UK is just a waystop along the road to the NBA. ALL of those guys would have been NBA players no matter where they went. Calipari didn't do anything special to get them there and he certainly didn't make them All-Stars.
He's a fraud.

Right. And neck and neck with Calipari in the recruiting wars was K. Lots of 5s. Lots of Burger Boys.

Throughout my protests has been the acknowledgement that if you don't want a Player's First program, I've got no complaint about it. But to maintain that Calipari is inept doesn't stand up to even the most cursory of exams. His method helps players become better pros. The products of what he's doing are there to be seen. Coach K had the same number of 5s or Burger Boys, but fewer excellent professionals. The GOAT. At the standard kind of program. Calipari has other fish to fry.

It's as if you fear that to acknowledge Calipari's expertise would nullify your other concern.
OAD players are in Lexington for around 6 months. Calipari isn't doing anything for them in that short period of time that any other coach wouldn't do. In the case of a guy like Booker, I would argue he bloomed AFTER getting away from Calipari's influence. The truth you Calipari leg-humpers won't face is that he is in fact a fraud. He's done more with less than any college coach in history. He couldn't win a Title with the 2015 team that included TWO eventual All-Stars. Is there a better indictment of a coach being a great recruiter but a terrible X's and O's coach???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT