ADVERTISEMENT

Cal at Final 4 Fan Interaction

Jan 26, 2021
Ok, so not living in Lexington, I have no frame of reference here.

But regarding the guy at the Final Four, does Cal usually do these types of fan interactions with the public? Just randos on the street?

My sense is that he absolutely did it when he first came in 2009, but it wore him down quickly and now it’s a burden.

Somewhere in my mind, I see Barnhart sitting next to Cal in the car in Final Four traffic…

Barnhart: (sternly) ohh, look a UK fan, ok skippy, you better get your ass outta this SUV and go over there and sign that man’s jersey. NOW!

Everything Calipari does is for optics. He’s a marketing major, did he ever do a charity he forgot to make sure you hear about? Has he ever forgotten to remind you he’s responsible for making AD and Wall wealthy? Has he ever attended a mass that wasn’t notified to the media?

It’s just what he does.

The young man’s father reported this in a Facebook group: Son was driving and saw Cal in the car behind him in his rear view. He waved his UK hat and at the next light Cal got out of his car and said hello. Son was thrilled. Wasn’t staged or instigated by Cal at all.

The young man’s father reported this in a Facebook group: Son was driving and saw Cal in the car behind him in his rear view. He waved his UK hat and at the next light Cal got out of his car and said hello. Son was thrilled. Wasn’t staged or instigated by Cal at all.
You shouldn’t post that. The small minority that thinks they are the majority wants you to believe that all of BBN wants Calipari arrested for trespassing the next time he sets foot on campus. [laughing]

Last edited:
Maybe he is looking for a job
Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

Everything Calipari does is for optics. He’s a marketing major, did he ever do a charity he forgot to make sure you hear about? Has he ever forgotten to remind you he’s responsible for making AD and Wall wealthy? Has he ever attended a mass that wasn’t notified to the media?

It’s just what he does.
how would you know if he did charity work that he didn't bother telling you about

It’s just what he does.

So you've done more and are qualiied to diss him??

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
If Calipari went undefeated, he'd have pristine character and he'd be eligible for sainthood.

But since we lost in the 1st round, he's basically Hitler.

so they say

That's not the story I heard. I heard Cal saw the hat, got out of his car and yelled at the son for putting UK first over the players, slashed all four of the guy's tires, and then yelled at him to buy some jerseys of UK players in the NBA to help them earn more money.

I’ve met Cal a few times. He was usually always nice for a photo. He was annoyed one time I had him sign my Cal Makers Mark bottle but he still did it.

Edit: for the record these were like 8-10 years ago. It would probably be different last few years

Last edited:
It's the Final Four and he's John Calipari. Of course he's gonna be there and he's gonna make sure to find a few cameras to mug for. He's a narcissist and a egomaniac. Neither of which is a deal-breaker for me but, he's also a terrible coach now and combine all that together and you get a terribly toxic stew.

it just highlights the toxic relationship Calipari currently has with the fan base

yes, there are still many fans out there who support Calipari

but the AD had to announce that Calipari will be returning as coach with zero enthusiasm about the message.

a significant , if not overwhelming, percentage of the fans want him gone, are angry about the financial situation and his lack of passion about being the face of the program.

Any interaction like this is going to be marginalized as a publicity stunt in some lame ass attempt to get back into the fans good graces, regardless of whether that's how it happened or not.

Everything Calipari does is calculated otherwise he doesn't do it.

Has he ever forgotten to remind you he’s responsible for making AD and Wall wealthy?
This is the biggest lie that he likes to tell. AD and Wall were already projected as locks to be the No. 1 overall pick before their UK season even began. Cal didn’t have a damn thing to do with making them wealthy. It was gonna happen regardless of where they spent their one and done season.

They were actually the ones who made Cal filthy rich, not the other way around.

But regarding the guy at the Final Four, does Cal usually do these types of fan interactions with the public? Just randos on the street?

My sense is that he absolutely did it when he first came in 2009, but it wore him down quickly and now it’s a burden.

Somewhere in my mind, I see Barnhart sitting next to Cal in the car in Final Four traffic…

Barnhart: (sternly) ohh, look a UK fan, ok skippy, you better get your ass outta this SUV and go over there and sign that man’s jersey. NOW!
Only way that clown will ever see anything past round of 32.

It’s just what he does.
Correct

A Pharisee of Pharisees

Reactions: kywildcat41086

It’s just what he does.
Yes to all of your questions. Cal is not supported here like he was but, Cal has been a great representative of UK. The program (fallen off) and the university.

Yes to all of your questions. Cal is not supported here like he was but, Cal has been a great representative of UK. The program (fallen off) and the university.
You've been here a while. Does the person you just reponded to look familiar to you ? He starts a new alias every week and gets very personal with Calipari like he has an axe to grind. It's psychotic.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Isn’t cal at the final four to support Reeves in the skills competition? Also of be honored for something or another. It seems I read something to that affect

What Kentucky fans are at the final 4? Seems like a waste of time. I guess it’s the only way he can get to the final 4 these days though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT