ADVERTISEMENT

Cal and Mitch meeting tomorrow

If Cal is back he's got the shortest leash imaginable. Not only does he need to beat Duke to start the season he needs to beat them soundly.
He won’t beat that Duke team next year. No way. Their best recruits in years. It will be they have a young team but they will be miles ahead of UK to start the year just like the Zion year.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
The Lord has given us a direct commandment in these days that we too should honor Sunday, the Lord's day, as our Sabbath (see D&C 59:12).
Well considering there was no Sunday 2000 or even 1500 years ago. Considering the commandment is to honor the sabbath and keep it holy. The followed up by for “6 days you will labor and rest on the 7th”. Whatever you’re quoting is erroneous and a direct violation of G_ds commandment. There is a reason that in the Romance languages sabado (Sabbath)is Saturday. I’ll take his word over some D&C that chooses not to follow the commandments. Sunday on every calendar is the first day of the week. Follow the commandments

• Love
Reactions: rob_47 and tug1543
The Lord has given us a direct commandment in these days that we too should honor Sunday, the Lord's day, as our Sabbath (see D&C 59:12).
Wait a minute? This is some Mormon stuff? Some 150 year old religious 😂 😂 no my man follow the word the commandments not what men tell you.

Listen clearly. The money for the buyout is there. Not just money but specifically to end Cals tenure the money is there.

Why would cal take 50% buyout without an offset? First he won’t be fired from UK and join Bcg. Second he can believe it or not make more $$$$$ taking a negotiated settlement. Let’s say we give him 18 million to leave, clean break and all. Monday he can go take the job at Michigan vandy wherever and make 6 mil a year. So what’s left on his contract? 5 years right? So taking that job he makes 30 million plus the negotiated buyout of 18. That’s 48 million. He stays at UK through his contract he makes 45. He gets fired and takes the 33 million that will be the max he can get and actually it will be less when he takes another job. So taking a 50% buyout with no offset just to end it will make him MORE money than staying through his contract. If it’s about money to him it’s a no brainer to negotiate a buyout and move in to the next job. He already has his players he’s not going to go jobless.

Me? I would take the 50% buyout and move on. Less hassle. Fans may love you again here maybe get his name in the rafters. AND if you play you cards right you break even or make more than the last 5 years.
Are you aware of the details of Cals contract or is your post a strong opinion you have at this time. I can't imagine Cal agreeing to anything less than the contract stipulates. With the current environment Cal should leave but it seems to be an extreme contract mess. Does Stoops have a similar contract?

Are you aware of the details of Cals contract or is your post a strong opinion you have at this time. I can't imagine Cal agreeing to anything less than the contract stipulates. With the current environment Cal should leave but it seems to be an extreme contract mess. Does Stoops have a similar contract?
Not sure if Barnfart has had the heat put on his ass or not but the buyout money is available. If Crapapari wants the full amount then that's what he will get but Barnfart has heard it from the mega boosters and now it's in his hands.
Keep Crapapari and risk losing more than 33 million or do what needs to be done and pay the 33 million and move on.

It’s not that simple. Tubby’s front end ‘body of work’ was nowhere near as good as Calipari’s front end. The first six or seven years of Tubby were simply not four final fours and a national title. It was one national title, then recruiting just about stopped, other than a handful of good players. With Cal , you know you’re getting top 10 recruits . It’s just a more difficult situation, overall.
It is kinda complicated. Cal went to 4 final fours in his first 6 years, which is incredible. But Tubby never crapped the bed in the postseason like Cal has the last 4 years, he never missed a tournament, and never had ANYTHING resembling the 9-16 atrocity we’d all like to forget. The highs were higher and the lows were lower with Cal.

Wait a minute? This is some Mormon stuff? Some 150 year old religious 😂 😂 no my man follow the word the commandments not what men tell you.

My point was different religions have different beliefs on which day is the sabbath.

I’m Catholic myself but ultimately you knew what he meant by saying Mitch wouldn’t do business on a Sunday 😉

My point was different religions have different beliefs on which day is the sabbath.

I’m Catholic myself but ultimately you knew what he meant by saying Mitch wouldn’t do business on a Sunday 😉
But dude the sabbath didn’t originate in Christianity so all the other religions that are off shoots if they don’t follow commandments then you know it’s a lie. Sorry to mitt Romney. btw I hope you have a blessed Semana Santa

Stupid question but this is getting exhausting. Do we even know for sure his job is in jeopardy at this point? Are there any for sure 100% accurate sources at this time that meetings or decisions are coming? I’m just not seeing or hearing any concrete evidence right now.
If you are not connected to or employed by UK why would you hear any evidence. This board is all hope and speculation. Period.

Reactions: RunninRichie
If you are not connected to or employed by UK why would you hear any evidence. This board is all hope and speculation. Period.
Probably because in todays world of so many ways of communication that stuff always leaks.

Heck the NCAA tournament brackets have even leaked a few times and there are a lot less people who have seen them before being released than there are people within a gigantic organization like UK basketball.

Why would you not expect the status of the UK basketball job to get out before a UK official make its public? It does every time.

Cal has to go fan base doesn’t like him or his coaching anymore
He can’t get it done making 9 million
Kids are getting worse under him

It is kinda complicated. Cal went to 4 final fours in his first 6 years, which is incredible. But Tubby never crapped the bed in the postseason like Cal has the last 4 years, he never missed a tournament, and never had ANYTHING resembling the 9-16 atrocity we’d all like to forget. The highs were higher and the lows were lower with Cal.
Tubby’s trajectory ( win in ‘98 with the ‘97 team , then slight , consistent decline ) was always troubling . Recruiting really tailed off. No defense of Cal, but there’s just something about top-five recruiting classes that have you ever so slightly looking forward and thinking a breakthrough could happen someday. If he could’ve popped a final four somewhere between 2018 and 2022, today would look a lot different.

I'll still watch. Sorry I just can't not watch games. I been watching for over 50 years. I turn 57 tomorrow.
Missed two games since I started watching.
But if Cal is still around it will be like the last couple Tubby years. Tubby beat the also ran teams. But never beat any good teams the last few years he was the coach.
I firmly believe if Cal is the coach next year. UK won't even be a tournament team.

I'll still watch. Sorry I just can't not watch games. I been watching for over 50 years. I turn 57 tomorrow.
Missed two games since I started watching.
But if Cal is still around it will be like the last couple Tubby years. Tubby beat the also ran teams. But never beat any good teams the last few years he was the coach.
I firmly believe if Cal is the coach next year. UK won't even be a tournament team.
It's coming. Reeves was recruited by the team, not Cal. Think of where we would be without Reeves. Mitchell starting, DJ, Edwards, Ugo, and Thiero starting.

We thought 1st round losses were bad, wait until we're declining NIT bids.

Reactions: UKortho
It's coming. Reeves was recruited by the team, not Cal. Think of where we would be without Reeves. Mitchell starting, DJ, Edwards, Ugo, and Thiero starting.

Yep I'll be surprised if they make the tournament. Of course even if they do it wouldn't matter. One win tops and likely another embarrassing first round loss.
I'll still watch root for the players. Whoever they are. Just too big a part of my winters to not watch.
UK basketball. Reds and Bengals I'll always watch. I root for UK football but I don't watch every game.
Simple reason growing up they were never on tv in my area. And even though I follow the Bengals. I'm just not a huge football fan. Baseball and Basketball always been my favorites.

Reactions: RunninRichie

I don't care what we end up with, go to the sweet 16 and pick the best you can get and we will start over with kids that want to be here. They will play for the name on the front period.

saturday is the 7th day of the week therefore it is the Sabbath. You can thank the roman catholic church for the twisting of the scriptures. The commandments are applicable to all believers. Keeping the Sabbath is a mark of his people.

Y’all can do Black Sabbath if you want. Just fire cals ass today

Probably because in todays world of so many ways of communication that stuff always leaks.

Heck the NCAA tournament brackets have even leaked a few times and there are a lot less people who have seen them before being released than there are people within a gigantic organization like UK basketball.

Why would you not expect the status of the UK basketball job to get out before a UK official make its public? It does every time.
It’s not going to “leak” unless Mitch wants it to. No big deal.

Tubby’s trajectory ( win in ‘98 with the ‘97 team , then slight , consistent decline ) was always troubling . Recruiting really tailed off. No defense of Cal, but there’s just something about top-five recruiting classes that have you ever so slightly looking forward and thinking a breakthrough could happen someday. If he could’ve popped a final four somewhere between 2018 and 2022, today would look a lot different.
Watching other good great teams play in this tournament makes you realize how bad CAL’s Coaching and philosophy is. KY once in a blue moon plays basketball most times it’s AAU ball which isn’t going to win much when it counts

Just because the money is there, doesn't mean it can be used in this fashion, or is desired to be used.

He's not going to do a 50% buyout. Would you? Not an option, even if it's the right thing in our eyes. He truly believes he is owed that money and hes not going to take a 50% pay cut.

At the end of the day, Cal is owned 30-some-odd millions of dollars. No one is able to pay that. So what do we do?
The term the money is there means the money is there to pay it if it is needed.

If Cal stays ( can’t afford buyout BS) then Barney needs to be fired immediately, we can afford Barney’s buyout. Someone needs to pay the price for basketball failures, and money contract failures. Its Barney’s fault for the situation we’re in now. Spin it how you want it. FIRE BARNHART NOW!!!

This is the most sane take I’ve seen yet.

Someone has to pay the price for the basketball failures. If Cal stays, Barnhart gets fired. I’m good with that! One or both must go….ASAP!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT