ADVERTISEMENT

Cal already disrespecting Arkansas fans (also talks about Mark Pope)

Cal said he did a Covid test, hoping he had Covid, as he didn't want to do the SEC Media Day; because, ya know, why would a brand new coach want to talk about his team to an excited fan base? He's obviously better than that.

Also said they're down "three or four guys" with injuries right now. So glad he's gone.

6:40 mark (Covid test)
8:20 mark (down three or four guys)
12:27 mark (mocking fans who disliked his adjustment period remarks)
17:08 mark (Jack Pilgrim asks him about Mark Pope)

Anyone without a bias toward Cal would not agree with you. Arkansas fans are not as thin skinned and sensitive as you seem to be. They can take it.

Anyone without a bias toward Cal would not agree with you. Arkansas fans are not as thin skinned and sensitive as you seem to be. They can take it.
Nobody here (that I'm seeing) is saying Arkansas fans are sensitive or thin skinned. If anything, Arkansas fans are generally acknowledged for having knowledgeable and passionate fans on this board. Most of us here think the average Arkansas fans will see through Cal's BS relatively quick.

How in the world could someone take that quote as being disrespectful to hog fans/ or any fans! Can you take a joke! And remember, people make their own enemies! What have someone done to you to cause them to be your enemy! And people, please don't let others emotions drag your emotio8ns into you butting in with your two cents! Lol...but the facts 😛
I'll bite.
You just don't know yet, how much he loathes you. We do know. And you will find out the old fashioned way.
Example; you still think he's joking.
Best.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I'll bite.
You just don't know yet, how much he loathes you. We do know. And you will find out the old fashioned way.
Example; you still think he's joking.
Best.
This. Cal will do his same crap. Talk down to the fans, and belittle them. They are just peasants that don't understand the bigger picture. Like us slack jawed holler bennies. No offense to Arkansas, but y'all just aren't high profile enough for his inflated ego. He'll never embrace the folks of Fayetteville. I'd be willing to bet he's got one eye on his next gig already. Something higher profile to make him feel accomplished.

Cal was on with Finebaum after the media guys. Said he wanted to build something special 🤮. Says it’s all about the kids and he still wants to help 25-30 families 🤑 Said he still wants to win, but not at the expense of his players??!! 😮🙄

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
If I was a betting man, Arkansas will be pretty good this season & maybe even break the top 5.
I'd also bet that it will be his best season at Arkansas.
It’s going be kind of fascinating to watch Cal run a program from afar vs being in the trenches. I looked at their schedule and I’m not sure they’ll be top 5, but I do agree this might end up being his best year there.

It’s going be kind of fascinating to watch Cal run a program from afar vs being in the trenches. I looked at their schedule and I’m not sure they’ll be top 5, but I do agree this might end up being his best year there.

They definitely have size and athleticism (as usual), but if he had the same roster at Kentucky, the biggest evident challenge I think was shooting. If Johnell Davis fills that role (and he should), they will be pretty good.

The COVID thing was a joke. Hyperbole. For how much he doesn't like Press Days.

Nitpicking is called that because nits are the tiny little eggs of lice. And you have to squint to see them. Worrying over the COVID joke is nitpicking.
Ah it’s more of his weird ass comments.

Substitute ANY illness. Who still says that?

“Man I hope I had the flu so I wouldn’t have to do this.”

Especially at a barn drew gov when you’re trying to win people over? He should be revamped a reenergized.
I get he has Calisms and he has a dry wit but maybe it’s just us hearing that kind of crap for the last few years that we know exactly what that means.

Won’t be long before the Little House comments start up.

Reactions: Blueaz
The COVID thing was a joke. Hyperbole. For how much he doesn't like Press Days.

Nitpicking is called that because nits are the tiny little eggs of lice. And you have to squint to see them. Worrying over the COVID joke is nitpicking.
lol... you are nitpicking; it was mentioned along with the other "odd" things he said..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT