ADVERTISEMENT

Cal admits to protecting feelings over winning games

So he ultimately sacrificed the season to keep Wagner's and Edwards draft stock afloat.

surprise-surprise-surprise.0.jpg

What is it with these soft kids today. Oh……the Coach hurt my feelings when I am playing like CRAP. The Everyone Gets a Trophy Generation. No wonder neither got any better than their first game.
It is not about their feelings. It is about their finances.
Cal has sold out winning games to ending generational poverty for 2 or 3 favored players every year.

It has to stop..

If Wagner and Edwards would quit if they didn’t start, why have players with that type of character? As a player, I would be pissed if Cal ever said that about me.
So Cal starting players who think they are entitled instead of players deserving.

I’m betting Klutch or someone has a big say so over Cal.
You do this and we will provide you with talented recruits.

So Cal starting players who think they are entitled instead of players deserving.

I’m betting Klutch or someone has a big say so over Cal.
You do this and we will provide you with talented recruits.
Been saying this since last summer. Got called a dumbass, lol, whos laughing now. He's no doubt protecting his Klutch players and his old friends.

So he ultimately sacrificed the season to keep Wagner's and Edwards draft stock afloat.

surprise-surprise-surprise.0.jpg
We were HAMMERED for speaking this truth during the season. The UKBB4EVER and his ilk.

EDIT: and not only that, but let this be a REMINDER going forward that any time Cal plays a freshman 1min or 40, this is what Cal's decision-making is really about. Not about the game in hand. Not about developing for a championship. DRAFT PICK STATUS.

What is it with these soft kids today. Oh……the Coach hurt my feelings when I am playing like CRAP. The Everyone Gets a Trophy Generation. No wonder neither got any better than their first game.
I totally agree with you. But, that was Cal's decision. DJ and Justin weren't threatening to quit or anything. Cal did this, not them. Just saying.

He made a deal with Klutch starting with Chris Livingston. BJ Boston also signed with them shortly after leaving KY.
First, I’m 100% fine if MB decides to move on from Cal tmrw.

But, I’m not buying the Cal & Klutch for several reasons. Outside of Edwards, the Klutch players saw the biggest decline in minutes as season progressed.

Who starts a ballgame doesn’t impress or help NBA status. (Rob, Reed, and Booker are prime examples.)

Btw - I think Reed should have started. Rob would have been in lots of foul trouble if he started and I wanted him available to finish games.

Back to Klutch, I think they’re an easy target but I don’t see how they would be happy if there were some promises made about PT because AB, DW and Edwards received the fewest minutes of any of our players in the normal rotation.

If Cal stays, he’s got to get away from “what if this was your kid” type statements. Players are here to win games and bring home trophies!!! He was talking about developing players through their struggles, but that’s just a dumb statement that makes it sound like he’s giving out playing time like participation trophies.

Again, I’ll support Mitch if he moves away from Cal tmrw. However, I’m not buying the conspiracy theory that Cal is controlled by Klutch. The evidence doesn’t support it.

First, I’m 100% fine if MB decides to move on from Cal tmrw.

But, I’m not buying the Cal & Klutch for several reasons. Outside of Edwards, the Klutch players saw the biggest decline in minutes as season progressed.

Who starts a ballgame doesn’t impress or help NBA status. (Rob, Reed, and Booker are prime examples.)

Btw - I think Reed should have started. Rob would have been in lots of foul trouble if he started and I wanted him available to finish games.

Back to Klutch, I think they’re an easy target but I don’t see how they would be happy if there were some promises made about PT because AB, DW and Edwards received the fewest minutes of any of our players in the normal rotation.

If Cal stays, he’s got to get away from “what if this was your kid” type statements. Players are here to win games and bring home trophies!!! He was talking about developing players through their struggles, but that’s just a dumb statement that makes it sound like he’s giving out playing time like participation trophies.

Again, I’ll support Mitch if he moves away from Cal tmrw. However, I’m not buying the conspiracy theory that Cal is controlled by Klutch. The evidence doesn’t support it.
Klutch tried to get CL to transfer mid season, Cal talked him out of it. Per Pilgrim. Then you had smoke that Klutch was pushing Bradshaw to go to USC and back out of UK, a report comes out Cal has flown to LA and the smoke dies. Connect the dots.

Klutch tried to get CL to transfer mid season, Cal talked him out of it. Per Pilgrim. Then you had smoke that Klutch was pushing Bradshaw to go to USC and back out of UK, a report comes out Cal has flown to LA and the smoke dies. Connect the dots.
I agree 100% that Klutch tries to influence player decision. (Including trying to get AB to USC this year.). I’m saying they don’t control Cal or his decisions. If so, you wouldn’t have seen the decline in minutes from the Klutch players. Evidence points to Cal ignoring their overtures.

I’m guessing Klutch is not a fan of Cal’s because they can’t control him.

This is not intended to defend Cal. I think he’s lost the fanbase and it’s best for parties to go separate ways. He was humble tonight, but history tells me he won’t stay that way. Part of me thought MB should have made a decision before tonight. But, I enjoyed hearing Cal grovel some trying to keep his job. I’m guessing MB left Cal hanging out there a bit to see how he handled tonight.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day!

I agree 100% that Klutch tries to influence player decision. (Including trying to get AB to USC this year.). I’m saying they don’t control Cal or his decisions. If so, you wouldn’t have seen the decline in minutes from the Klutch players. Evidence points to Cal ignoring their overtures.

I’m guessing Klutch is not a fan of Cal’s because they can’t control him.

This is not intended to defend Cal. I think he’s lost the fanbase and it’s best for parties to go separate ways. He was humble tonight, but history tells me he won’t stay that way. Part of me thought MB should have made a decision before tonight. But, I enjoyed hearing Cal grovel some trying to keep his job. I’m guessing MB left Cal hanging out there a bit to see how he handled tonight.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day!
I don't think they control Calipari either. I'm just saying I think they have a deal in place with Cal. And Cal doesn't want to piss them off. A feeder program if you want to say. They feed players to Cal, Cal gets them to the league. They were pissed at how UK used CL.

We were HAMMERED for speaking this truth during the season. The UKBB4EVER and his ilk.

EDIT: and not only that, but let this be a REMINDER going forward that any time Cal plays a freshman 1min or 40, this is what Cal's decision-making is really about. Not about the game in hand. Not about developing for a championship. DRAFT PICK STATUS.
And Mitch is ALLOWING it to keep going by RETAINING this JOKE of a coach!!!

This is THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY not the FREAKIN G-LEAGUE!!!!

I am SOOOOOOO SICK and tired of CRAP like this that is keeping this program at the LOWEST LEVEL since Billy G or the last season of Eddie Sutton!!!

Mitch needs to go if he is supporting this JUNK!!!

And Mitch is ALLOWING it to keep going by RETAINING this JOKE of a coach!!!

This is THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY not the FREAKIN G-LEAGUE!!!!

I am SOOOOOOO SICK and tired of CRAP like this that is keeping this program at the LOWEST LEVEL since Billy G or the last season of Eddie Sutton!!!

Mitch needs to go if he is supporting this JUNK!!!
I so wish that there was only half that amount left on the contract. Cal's still not out of the woods yet. There might be a chance that if the team is appearing to be a lock for the ncaa tournament, and he's still doing the NBA-draft-pick-favoritism crap, they might fire him before the tournament to try and salvage things.

Reactions: catben
I totally agree with you. But, that was Cal's decision. DJ and Justin weren't threatening to quit or anything. Cal did this, not them. Just saying.
Actually we don't know that. I'd wager they were pouting and maybe talking enough to worry him. Most of these kids coming to UK, under Cal, have a foot out the door before they get here. That's on them. It's on him for allowing it to continue to happen, to not set the culture straight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT