ADVERTISEMENT

Cal’s Instagram post

So we should just keep doubling down on a failing strategy out of fear of having to deal with unsuccessful seasons in order to fix this mess?

That's terrible rationale. At some point you have to fix the damn problem, not keep your head in the sand. Cal COULD be the guy to do that but he's to stubborn and has literally said he isn't going to change this. Therefore, I'm done with him.

Look....I’m fine with whatever because honestly it’s a small part of my life overall. I’m simply pointing out it will be a struggle much life the Smith to Gillispie to Calipari progression. Teams rarely fire a top coach and get another one to fill the spot. Regardless what some think, Calipari IS a top coach who has won big at Kentucky for the last decade. That’s just a fact.

Cal has created the myth that he’s irreplaceable. How terrifying is that? Some fans are just a wee bit into idolatry.
I think Cal needs to focus also on designing some offensive sets for the current team versus running the Harlem Globetrotters top of the key weave. Now if we’d play the Washing Generals every game it would be a solid offense at 6-0, just saying.

I wasn't talking about Vanderbilt. This is about UK, not your Commodores.
Well you certainly know nothing about UK or our program and proud tradition or you wouldn’t be trying to defend the train wreck in Lexington. Of course you young snowflakes seem to just want a participatory trophy so everyone wins.

Look....I’m fine with whatever because honestly it’s a small part of my life overall. I’m simply pointing out it will be a struggle much life the Smith to Gillispie to Calipari progression. Teams rarely fire a top coach and get another one to fill the spot. Regardless what some think, Calipari IS a top coach who has won big at Kentucky for the last decade. That’s just a fact.
Here is the issue and it will only get worse under cal.
He has created an atmosphere at UK all about putting players in the NBA. So when Cal comes knocking on a recruits door that recruit automatically thinks he’s a NBA lock.
The kids that come here feel like failures if they stay more than one year.
I don’t see anyway of this changing with Cal at UK. It’s only going to get worse.
I wish Cal could fix it but I just don’t think he can. We need to move on to a new coach and hopefully keep some of our current roster and commitments.

Well you certainly know nothing about UK or our program and proud tradition or you wouldn’t be trying to defend the train wreck in Lexington. Of course you young snowflakes seem to just want a participatory trophy so everyone wins.

Name the coach that would replace Cal and take us to an E8, F4 and Championship in their first three years? I mean you’ve seen it in your lifetime, right? You can’t do it. It’s never happened in your lifetime. But I get it, you said Cal needed to recruit more guys that look more like you, so I see your angle. Hard to believe you said that, but lucky for you they yanked it quickly.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Name the coach that would replace Cal and take us to an E8, F4 and Championship in their first three years? I mean you’ve seen it in your lifetime, right? You can’t do it. It’s never happened in your lifetime. But I get it, you said Cal needed to recruit more guys that look more like you, so I see your angle. Hard to believe you said that, but lucky for you they yanked it quickly.
Well I would say many coaches could give us what Cal has over the past 5 seasons.

I think he cares. He’s just not going to take advice from fans, most of which can’t control their own emotions and throw tantrums after nearly every game, win or lose. Bottom-line he’s in the driver’s seat. Fans can only bitch, whine and complain - and sit back and watch.
Have you seen this clown coaching. He screams like a lunatic and usually he is just saying “Goooooooo”. Perhaps he can control his nonsensical yelling.

One thing that is not debatable is that we will be one of the worst teams in the conference for a few years whenever he leaves simply because of his one of a kind recruiting philosophy. Whenever and whoever the next coach is will have absolutely nothing to work with when they get here.

With Grad transfers these days, you can turn a roster in one year.

I seriously think he’s a bigger fan of Cal than UK.
The love affair is creepy. Cal must have some dirt or incriminating photos of Baller. I mean, it's fine to be a fan of Cal. Heck, I'm still a fan of the guy too, but to not even have a shred of a realistic perspective about where this program is trending is just insane to me. It's either an act, he's lying to himself, or he's just not very smart. Maybe all three.

For 10 million a year I am certain we could about pick who we want. Cals last 5 years look like Tubby. His one national championship in 12 years looks like Tubby Pitino Rupp Joe B Hall. Pitino and Hall were before your time. I mean there are several coaches who have won 1-2 titles while Cal has been at UK. Cal peaked in 2015. He has lost his mojo. He is no longer the hottest thing going thus his recruiting misses. Lets hope he changes and these guys stay and be brings in a big man to go with Clark. Right now the program is a team in turmoil and the laughingstock of America I am willing to be patient a year due to the virus but anything short of a final 4 in 2022 and he is toast. Great coaches will line up to come to Lexington. We were UK before Cal and will be UK after Cal.

His last 5 are almost identical to Tubby’s last 5-that’s the problem. If there appeared to be a clear change in direction and a reset, people would get it and back off. The G League and other colleges going in on 1 and done have changed the landscape. The man that was once considered a visionary, is now reacting to the college landscape and the program is suffering because of it. He has to change his approach or he will push away even the most loyal followers-UK to UK fans take priority over fans loyalty to Cal.

Tubby 2003-07 to Cal 2016-20:

Tubby 131-40 for 76.6%
Cal 140-39 for 78.2%

SEC combined titles
Tubby 4
Cal 6

NCAAT record
Tubby 9-5
Cal 9-4 in 1 less tourney

Both had 2 Elite 8s and 0 Final 4s

Losses to unranked teams:
Tubby 19
Cal 21

Record versus ranked teams
Tubby 25-21
Cal 22-18

Name one that will come in and win 35 games in year one, 29 in year two and 38 in year three with an E8, F4 and NATI in those three first years along with three SEC titles. They grow on trees, right? Smfh
Who's making the rules here? Why does it matter what year you win 35, 29 or 38 games? Why can't he wait until year #2 to win 35 games? What if he wins 38 games in year #2? Would he be better than Cal?

Do we really want the new coach taking us to the NIT in year 4? Do we want the new coach to get us out of the gate in year 11 with 1-5 record?

What a stupid post.

Reactions: dezyDeco
and thats more about the mess he will leave behind then any thing else. the new coach will have to bring in a whole new team witch is problematic in it's self no balance in classes
I still think he'll right the ship before he leaves. If for no other reason, it'll be because his ego won't allow his legacy to go out like that.

I think he cares. He’s just not going to take advice from fans, most of which can’t control their own emotions and throw tantrums after nearly every game, win or lose. Bottom-line he’s in the driver’s seat. Fans can only bitch, whine and complain - and sit back and watch.
I think he doesn’t, so we disagree there. He knows the mood around the program and it’s fans right now but it’s typical Cal to tell fans to shove it by going in the completely opposite direction. That’s his ego talking.

How about we just get a coach that keeps us consistently in the top 10 and a threat to win a title? Why does the success have to be in the first 5 years? Does the new coach get to be mediocre like Cal in years 7-11?
Bill Self and coach K have their programs in the top 10 every year. Most years they get a 1 seed in the NCAAT. Why isn't Cal doing that?

Last edited:
He’s a degenerate. Makes fun of every poster who doesn’t slurp Cal’s way. Let them ban me too, at least it will show how this thing works. Didn’t sign up for this shit show, and won’t miss it if it’s gone. Let them keep the Ballers and Basses, see how the board goes.
His attacks are really annoying. It is difficult to have intellectual basketball discussions like the old days with his types around

Have you seen this clown coaching. He screams like a lunatic and usually he is just saying “Goooooooo”. Perhaps he can control his nonsensical yelling.

I’ve said this 50 times on here.....I will never understand the comments about calling yelling and screaming being a negative. I’ve yet to see, meet or be coached by a great coach who doesn’t yell and scream all the time. I suppose this is more evidence of our soft culture. Whisper coach......whisper.

Reactions: awf
Well we've won one title and been to four final fours so it can be debated that it's done pretty well overall lol.
I wouldn't necessarily say "overall". The first five years, indeed. But that ship appears to have sailed since 2015. I mean, we had for the first time a NCAA path bust wide open and Cal still couldn't get past K-State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT